fishing....

Moderator: Support Moderators

bumbling newb

fishing....

Post by bumbling newb »

Why is this skill sooo hard to raise it seems like I have been macroing for days and its only at 64.3%. is this just a generally hard skill to raise or whats up? any advice will be very much welcomed and appreciated =)

Bumbling Newb

Sulta
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: fishing....

Post by Sulta »

After hitting 60 fishing did you switch (or have you been) fishing in deep water? If you are not in deep water by this point then you wont gain after 60ish. It does take a while to gain GM fishing but you shouldn't really slow down until in the 90's.

Best of luck!

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Thanks for the advice I was getting 1.something now I have gotten 2.0 in past few hours. I just needed to earn the cash I guess for a boat =P. << Newb on the server hehe.

Bumbling Newb

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Hi newb, yep seen you around in Moonglow. You wont make money needed for a boat by fishing mate, at least not low skill level fishing. Grab your sword or spell book and start monster bashing to rake in the cash for the boat. or Make a new toon to do it and let him fund your fishing expeditions :)

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Slaine wrote:Hi newb, yep seen you around in Moonglow. You wont make money needed for a boat by fishing mate, at least not low skill level fishing. Grab your sword or spell book and start monster bashing to rake in the cash for the boat. or Make a new toon to do it and let him fund your fishing expeditions :)
yeah I did that I used some cash I earned that I was saving for a house =\. but hopefully ill break this stinking 93.2 fishing before I go insane lol been stuck for about a day in about 2 hours =\. thanks for the advice though man =D much appreciated to everyone on the forums here for their help! everyone has been so awesome =D

bumbling newb

Senses

Post by Senses »

Don't underestimate how much money you can make selling the shoes you fish up to the general shop...

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Senses wrote:Don't underestimate how much money you can make selling the shoes you fish up to the general shop...
true I made about 3-4k from 1%-60 on shoes boots and thigh boots. if I would of continued for a couple more days I would of been able to buy a ship but luckly I was doing other stuff and made alittle coin to grab one =D.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Its almost surprising how lucrative fishing can be to be honest. Not to mention, I think you can get Lord title by killing serpents alone.

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

welp I hit the invisible wall of 93.2 where I hear patients is a virtue... just how much patients is required to break thru or is every point from this point on going to be hell? I have had it going for a night and a few hours today (took some time to make some coin for the ole home fund) and it has been stuck there =\ anyone who did this please lemme know how patient I need to be (in like time) to get past this hump or hump(s).

thanks in advance to any and all,

bumbling newb

*edit* also is it possible to gain with a full backpack?

Senses

Post by Senses »

a watched pot never boils my friend...Just keep fishing and stop worrying about when its going to end :P If you absolutely hate doing it so much you just want to gm, you're probably wasting your time!

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Senses wrote:a watched pot never boils my friend...Just keep fishing and stop worrying about when its going to end :P If you absolutely hate doing it so much you just want to gm, you're probably wasting your time!
Very true but it seems the fire isnt on :lol: Im not in a rush really but would like to start fishin me some MiBs =P

bumbling newb

*edit* hit 93.3 but died =P guess I need to watch that pot alittle more often :lol:.

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

My fisherman is currently at 84.5 and all of it from land.
Shadwell
Kapten Charles
Goomba

Chop chop!

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Shadwell wrote:My fisherman is currently at 84.5 and all of it from land.

Please keep us updated on progress please I would like to know how far you can get on land.

bumbling newb

Faust

Post by Faust »

I was under the impression that you could GM it from land. The only difference that I understood from shallow and deep water was the fishing prospects of fishing up a deep sea serpent for S.O.S's and so forth.

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Faust wrote:I was under the impression that you could GM it from land. The only difference that I understood from shallow and deep water was the fishing prospects of fishing up a deep sea serpent for S.O.S's and so forth.

I will give it a try tonight when I go to bed (would beat trying to macro in deep seas =P). I will report if I get any gains (im currently 94ish fishing)