Gaining stats...

Moderator: Support Moderators

XaN

Gaining stats...

Post by XaN »

What are the best skills to gain each stat in. Ive GM'd spirit speak and now working on cooking... intelligence is what im mostly after.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gaining stats...

Post by Daolin »

XaN wrote:What are the best skills to gain each stat in. Ive GM'd spirit speak and now working on cooking... intelligence is what im mostly after.
eval gives good intelligence. When i worked int, I gained 40 int from spirit speak and 40 from eval

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Xan your best bet would be to use the See saw method:

Get your real skills to the 700 cap. Make sure spirit speak is at zero and eval int is at 10 (or vice versa)
Ensure your int is set to raise and dex set to lower.
Set Eval int down, set Spirit speak up. Ensure every other skill is locked.
Spam spirit speak until it is 10 and eval int is zero.
Set spirit speak down and eval int up.
Spam eval in until it is 10 and SS is zero.
Rinse repeat.

The reason for the see saw method is that your biggest and fastest stat raises come from your initial raises in a skill. You are more likely to get a stat raise from a 0.3 or 0.4 or more raise than you are from a 0.1 raise.

The fastest way to get to 700 real skill is to get a few thousand gold and run around moonglow and britain to all the different npcs and say ''Their name' Teach' (without the speech marks) they will then tell you a list of all the things they can teach. You then say 'Their name teach skill' (putting the name of the skill where skill is). They will then say 'It will cost X amount of gold to train that skill. Drag and drop the amount of gold required onto them and voila! You now have that skill.

If I were you I would set your spirit speak to down and eval int to down, and train all these other skills until both those skills are at 10 and zero respectively. Then see saw away.

Setting up two different macros for each skill will alleviate some of the monotany of doing it mandraulically (by hand :))

I believe if you troll the forums you will find the macros for this.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Slaine on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

Camping: it raises all stats and has no delay!

Harvest kindling off the trees with your dagger (last object/last target) by hand.

While you're doing this run a razor macro loop

double click kindling
pause 25 milliseconds

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Aye herding as well is great for raising all stats fast, as there is also no time delay. Just grab a shepherds crook, head to britain stables click the herding skill click the animal and where you want it to go. Fast raises. But int is always the slowest of stats to raise.

Return to “New Player Help”