fishing....

Moderator: Support Moderators

Senses

Re: fishing....

Post by Senses »

I wouldn't do it bumbling, even if its possible. You can make pretty good money killing serpents and they constantly drop treasure maps. Plus all the fish and skins from serpents just sit right there on your boat. Its a nice lucrative way to play the game with little to no interference.

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

88.8 atm. From land.
Shadwell
Kapten Charles
Goomba

Chop chop!

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Senses wrote:I wouldn't do it bumbling, even if its possible. You can make pretty good money killing serpents and they constantly drop treasure maps. Plus all the fish and skins from serpents just sit right there on your boat. Its a nice lucrative way to play the game with little to no interference.

aye but for a macro It would be nice... However I did it all last night and this morning when I signed back in still not .1 stuck at 94 I guess I will have to play him to finish off fishing =p I didnt know you could make any money off them unless they pull a t map. I might give it a try if I dont gain soon =P
Shadwell wrote:88.8 atm. From land.
I wish you the best with that shadwell and would like to hear how high you get it before you go to a boat. I havent gotten any gains yet however am leaving the macro going while I play my fighter.

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

92.2 now.
Shadwell
Kapten Charles
Goomba

Chop chop!

Senses

Post by Senses »

im at 97.5, but im starting to get more and more deep sea serpents.

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

its odd I did macro for a day and half on my fisher while I was building my fighter I must just be stuck at 94 or doing something wrong =P but I can only play one guy at a time soo ill attempt to continue the macro today considering shadwells results. maybe move town...

bumbling newb

Furync

Post by Furync »

bumbling newb wrote:
aye but for a macro It would be nice... However I did it all last night and this morning when I signed back in still not .1 stuck at 94 I guess I will have to play him to finish off fishing =p
I realize you are new, but you should realize that AFK fishing will get you banned. As will any other afk ressource gathering.
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Furync wrote:
bumbling newb wrote:
I realize you are new, but you should realize that AFK fishing will get you banned. As will any other afk ressource gathering.
I did not realize that since I didn't believe it to be I can understand mining and lumberjacking how does fishing fall under this? just curious.

on another note I was out attempting to fight the a sea serpent with my lil guy and it seems they are tougher than I remember. I added my fighter to the mix and now (so far) have done alright. still stuck at 94 atm.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Yeah, the deep sea serpents are even worse. I was lucky to have a spare guy with gm wep skills,tactics and healing before I even bothered with giving him fishing, really helped.

Furync

Post by Furync »

bumbling newb wrote:
Furync wrote:
bumbling newb wrote:
I did not realize that since I didn't believe it to be I can understand mining and lumberjacking how does fishing fall under this? just curious.
Well you are gathering fish, they are useless, yes, but you are still gathering. I personally don't give a crap if you afk fish but I've seen Derrick comment a few times on the subject. :wink:
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Senses wrote:Yeah, the deep sea serpents are even worse. I was lucky to have a spare guy with gm wep skills,tactics and healing before I even bothered with giving him fishing, really helped.
aye my guy currently is gm sword parry 85/6ish tactics and 70 healing so its not to hard for regular sea serpents I havent had a problem.
Furync wrote:
Well you are gathering fish, they are useless, yes, but you are still gathering. I personally don't give a crap if you afk fish but I've seen Derrick comment a few times on the subject. :wink:[/quote]

lol well thanks for the advice man =) I dont unattend it anymore cause of the % but sounds kinda useless gathering like you said.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Someone said that you only get the Mibs and Tmaps from serpents when you are GM.

I take it this is the case? My fisherman has been pulling up serpents galore with no sign of the good loot.

bumbling newb

Post by bumbling newb »

Slaine wrote:Someone said that you only get the Mibs and Tmaps from serpents when you are GM.

I take it this is the case? My fisherman has been pulling up serpents galore with no sign of the good loot.
I havent gmed but this is true.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Been a few days now....have you GM'd and did that guy manage to GM from the Safety of land?

keijar

Post by keijar »

Just figured I'd chime in...got to 93.2 from land (papua docks..shows as deep water, but apparently doesn't count). Had to get a boat after 2 days of macroing and no gains...now gains coming like crazy.

Also, getting level one maps on the serpents (2 maps off 10 serpents so far) at 94.5 fishing.