Placing Houses

Moderator: Support Moderators

benny-

Placing Houses

Post by benny- »

So Im having a great deal of trouble placing my house. Its a large brick and Im going for a specific area close to my guild. There's a clear stretch that has 3 spots that could easily fit it, yet I cannot place. The terrain is even, enough tile space on all sides to prevent it from being too close to trees, rocks, etc but it just wont go in. Ive had 3 people try it, and tried myself for about an hr an a half....nothing. The only things in the area are the brown dirt patches and some of the sparkles (flowers) yet Ive never known a server to have these interfere with placement. Even then, the one area has neither of these and has enough room to place (I even counted tiles to be sure.)

Even when trying to place my small, I have to make repeated attempts.....obviously nothing in the way, but still I have to mess with it to get it to place. I read here on the forums that there was some problem with the house anim (ghost house) not lining up right or something similar....could it just be the house preview or is house placement bugged or something?
- Elisud

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Placing Houses

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Yeah it feels as if house placement is extra problematic here, I was stressed as hell running everywhere trying to place my large brick. I even stood on a full screen of clear, flat land and it still wouldn't take it, but I moved it a round a bit and it finally came through, just jiggle it a bit thats my suggestion.

Senses

Post by Senses »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote: but I moved it a round a bit and it finally came through, just jiggle it a bit thats my suggestion.

This same advice applies to using the urinal.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

The "preview image" is the problem, its usually 1 tile shifted in a random direction from where you actually see it. That's why when you go to place, the house is generally slightly off the spot you thought you were clicking on.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

benny- wrote:The only things in the area are the brown dirt patches
I believe that these brown dirt patches usually interfere with house placements, so I'd recommend trying to place the house on a location without those brown dirt patches.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Try, try and try again. And if THAT doesn't work, try, try and try again. Seriously. Even in OSI the pro's often had trouble placing houses.

For example. This one guy, Mondain he was called, owned this whole Island. and right next to his main building, a Large Tower I managed to place a small marble building. A few days later he comes on and is like WTF??? how the hell did you manage that. I have been trying for months to do that. He pays me 500K right there and then for the building.

I walk away a happy man. He demolishes the building and trys to place something else. He cant. He tries and tries and cant even re place the small marble. I happen that way a few weeks later, see the spot, and place a small marble there (lol). He sees me a few days later and is like ok. I'll give you 2 million gold pieces, as long as you promise never to come back to this island and place any more buildings. Reason being he had run out of accounts to place houses on, and just didnt want this small marlbe spoiling his view haha. So even this guy who owned every house on his island, couldnt manage to place this one small marble where I had managed to place one twice!

benny-

Post by benny- »

Thanks for the tips guys....As Slaine suggested, I think Ill just keep trying (Im positive it should fit). Good story too Slaine =).

If anyone has any more tips on placing or any info on the bug with the tile shifting of the preview image, Id greatly appreciate it.
- Elisud

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Took me 45 minutes to place my tower in an obvious spot.

keep trying, the pointer "preview" isnt correct.

Also where are you trying to place it? *evil grin*
[broken image]

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Here is an idea. It will cost you 43000 gold pieces, but it is redeemable.

Buy a small building deed. Go to the area you want to place your large brick, and check the whole area is clear and that there are no 'rogue' squares with some thing on it that might be stopping you from placing. if the small house places in the whole area that you want to place the large brick (pace it out)

House Placement Rules:
1) All ground around the -outside- of the foundation must not have anything impassable (rocks, trees, etc).
2) No impassable object or land may come in direct contact with any part of the house.
3) Five tiles from the front and back of the house must be completely clear of all other houses.
4) The foundation must rest flatly on a surface. Any bumps around the foundation are not allowed.
5) The Foundation may not reside over terrain which is viewed as a road.
6) There cannot be any items, creatures, NPC's, players, or corpses within the house area.

So I think a large brick is 14x14 so you need to pace out 24x16 and that is the area that needs to be free of obstructions. Check this whole area, placing your small house if need be, then redeeding and replacing in next area, until you are satisfied that a large brick should fit.

Just an idea

Return to “New Player Help”