Items in houses

Moderator: Support Moderators

Black&Blue

Items in houses

Post by Black&Blue »

Items NOT locked down in houses, do not decay. Is that correct? I never had the chance to have a house before the UO:R patch
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

venox

Re: Items in houses

Post by venox »

tick

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

So Technically, with careful management of your house security, there is no benefit to owning a castle or tower etc... other than for aesthetic (its looks) purposes, as the extra lock downs and secure chests you get in the larger buildings are nullified due to the fact that you can place unlimited unlocked down items in your house.

However if this is Era accurate, then its Era accurate :) and is therefore completely fine by me hehe.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Slaine wrote:So Technically, with careful management of your house security, there is no benefit to owning a castle or tower etc... other than for aesthetic (its looks) purposes, as the extra lock downs and secure chests you get in the larger buildings are nullified due to the fact that you can place unlimited unlocked down items in your house.

However if this is Era accurate, then its Era accurate :) and is therefore completely fine by me hehe.
This is true, I use to keep all my loot in towers of dyed backpacks (to help me organize), 100s of backpacks all behind a large forge+trash barrel wall in a small house.

The nice part about larger housing is the fact that you have more space to work with (sparring, multiple people macroing), and you're totally safe from EQ/CL/MSers (in a small house, only the center tile is safe from MS/CL)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

In larger houses you can also put multiple add-ons for your crafters and the like.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Thanks for the info! I just got my first small house lastnight, after about 6 hours of multiple money making schemes. Now, working towards that L-Shaped 2-story and large tower that I never had.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

So do you no longer use 100's of Backpacks of different colors not locked down?

It sounds like a great way to organise your items. However I would always be worried a patch would come out that would make the items decay, or a big in a patch, which would make you lose the lot. Of course I suppose one could say this is the risk you take in not securing them, but still....

I'm guessing you now have a large enough house not to have to do this?
RoadKill wrote:
Slaine wrote:So Technically, with careful management of your house security, there is no benefit to owning a castle or tower etc... other than for aesthetic (its looks) purposes, as the extra lock downs and secure chests you get in the larger buildings are nullified due to the fact that you can place unlimited unlocked down items in your house.

This is true, I use to keep all my loot in towers of dyed backpacks (to help me organize), 100s of backpacks all behind a large forge+trash barrel wall in a small house.

The nice part about larger housing is the fact that you have more space to work with (sparring, multiple people macroing), and you're totally safe from EQ/CL/MSers (in a small house, only the center tile is safe from MS/CL)

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Slaine wrote:So do you no longer use 100's of Backpacks of different colors not locked down?

It sounds like a great way to organise your items. However I would always be worried a patch would come out that would make the items decay, or a big in a patch, which would make you lose the lot. Of course I suppose one could say this is the risk you take in not securing them, but still....
You lock the backpack down, fill it up till it's at 125 items (and a ton of stones!) and then release it, so you have a very heavy backpack, and you basically can have unlimited items in your small house this way.

As for patches, they won't change something like that without fair warning, the system is accurate. Items in houses do not decay.

Even if you wanted to play it safe, a small house has what, 25 lock downs? 1 secure? That gives you 25 backpacks @ 125 items each (and unlimited weight per backpack).. that's still a large collection of stuff you can securely hold in your house
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

The great benefit of owning a castle is that you can recall directly into your house. :)

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Ahh yes I remember that :)

I did at one stage get a bunch of NPC guards and hired them, brought them to my castle in teh desert, and let them wander around inside the inside perimeter. I did try to train them up so they could survive, and stop me getting monster stomped on arrival at the castles back door, as because we were in the desert there was an horrendous spawn rate, which would often spill over into the castle hehe. Alas I never had the patience to uber train my guards and they would always be dead on my arrival home.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

this doesnt seem to work here as I had some animals in the open areas in a keep and the animals would vanish...

Senses

Post by Senses »

I think, and I'm not sure, but when you trap something, if it isn't targeted in 20 hours it will dissapear and presumbly respawn in its original location. So I suppose if you wanted to run a zoo or wildlife preserve you would hide a toon in the house and have him macro targeting them all :P

Return to “New Player Help”