Mounts

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mounts

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Ohm wrote:Yes it just has to be in 'follow mode' but its not hard to say all follow me in the macro.
You also dont need a tamer friend to own a regular mount.

PS stop hiding and go fight hazy
When someone knows where he is, PM me how about that?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Things like mounts and stat loss are on this shard because this shard's goal is to recreate the T2A version OSI mechanics. Development is not aimed at what will satisfy the greatest number of players; and as a personal opinion I also feel that it's pretty impossible to do that.

There is an immense wealth of creative rulesets for UO out there created by people that are way more creative than me. I have always had a lot of respect for what Azaroth has been able to accomplish with his IPY shards and I'm glad that over the years the respect was mutual.

UO Second Age is what it is. There has never been any shortage of well intentioned suggestions for modifying the shard, but we stick to our mandate of accuracy as much as we've been able and it's all worked out pretty well.

Please see my more comprehensive (yet somewhat dated) essay on this and similar topics here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17611
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

No mounts benefit only one aspect of the game, pvp. Pretty much every other Ultima Online activity has increased difficultly while unmounted. (Obviously a few exceptions may exsist)

And as a former member of the ipy community, even if you were to take out mounts and bring 100 of them here that would not even scratch the surface to implement enough changes to retain.

I would be willing to say the majority of "issues" regarding freeservers seem to be a custom systems. So maybe era accuracy isn't as painful as some make it out to be!
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Ohm wrote:Yes it just has to be in 'follow mode' but its not hard to say all follow me in the macro.
You also dont need a tamer friend to own a regular mount.

PS stop hiding and go fight hazy
When someone knows where he is, PM me how about that?
I just talked to Hazy for you. He said he sent a PM

Just dont be skurrrd and hide for a month this time
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?