old guilds

Topics related to Second Age
Notorious

old guilds

Post by Notorious »

so are the old guilds with no guildstone available *from the house decaying* every going to decay i do not think one guild on this server has been subject to deletion basically because i want a certain guild abbreviation that has been taken for over 4+ years and the ONE player inside the guild has been inactive for most of that time, should this be fixed or what ?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: old guilds

Post by Kaivan »

If you would like a particular guild abbreviation that is owned by a guild where the guildstone is currently not in a house, you can page in-game and we will delete the stone after verifying the inactivity of the guild. This has been done several times before, and has always been an option.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Hey Kaivan, just curious, shouldn't guilds be treated the same way as player accounts? Do the original owners have any right of retaking the guild should they return and decide to play again?

Edit: what is the maximum allowable time of inactivity before a guild is subject to deletion/transferal?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Guildstones disappear after the house they are in falls. I think if you double click it when the house falls, it goes to trammel. From there it sits, until someone pages to get it back, or in this case they would delete it so someone can use the name.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Kaivan wrote:If you would like a particular guild abbreviation that is owned by a guild where the guildstone is currently not in a house, you can page in-game and we will delete the stone after verifying the inactivity of the guild. This has been done several times before, and has always been an option.
Curious as to what qualifies as inactivity seeing as I'm in several guilds where the guildmaster has quit, yet don't want to lose my guild status.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There's no precise definition, but suffice to say that a stone in Trammel is considered an inactive guild stone. If the original guild leader pages to acquire such an inactive stone, we will help them retrieve it. Otherwise, if someone wants to create a new guild using the abbreviation of an inactive guild stone, we will delete any such inactive stone.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Interesting, wasnt aware of this. Thanks for the response, Kaivan.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Kaivan wrote:There's no precise definition, but suffice to say that a stone in Trammel is considered an inactive guild stone. If the original guild leader pages to acquire such an inactive stone, we will help them retrieve it. Otherwise, if someone wants to create a new guild using the abbreviation of an inactive guild stone, we will delete any such inactive stone.
What about someone from said 'inactive guild' trying to retrieve the stone while the guildmaster is away so others can't steal it?.. without wiping it ofc.

So far it sounds like I can either A) wait for someone else to take the guild for their own purposes, or B) take the guild myself, but wipe everyone off the stone. Neither sounds so great.