Order Guards Won't Respond to My Hatred

Topics related to Second Age
Machine Gun

Order Guards Won't Respond to My Hatred

Post by Machine Gun »

I'm trying to train archery and I have been attacking guards near the Britain/Vesper Crossroads. The guards never seem to become aggressive, even after I have damaged them. I have read on the forums that some have used these guys to train on but I get no response (unless I get close enough so they can melee attack me). I am assuming these are order guards but I might be wrong. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Vandaen

Re: Order Guards Won't Respond to My Hatred

Post by Vandaen »

Order guards carry Order shields, thus very distinguishable from other types of guards. I believe the guards at the post you are attacking are not order guards, but regular guards who drop nothing, auto-despawn on death, and don't attack back unless in melee.

I'm no expert, but I did run into this type of guard the other day, and iirc no corpse was ever even available to loot. If I'm right (and it's not a bug), you'd be better off running the down the road between Yew and Skara Brae until you do find a guard with an Order shield.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Recently, I've been using chaos guards from lord blackthorns castle. Actually to GM archery too...
Last edited by Drunk'n Disorder on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Why do you want then to be aggressive? Just take the free archery skill gains.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Machine Gun

Post by Machine Gun »

Okay. So the problem was that they were just guards, not Order Guards. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

The problem with the other guards is that there is no protection from folks who want to kill me while I'm training - afk - in the open. Plus, those guards de-spawn and if they get close they will attack.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

put them in a house behind some boxes... then have a second character heal the guard once every 10 seconds. AFK to gm. no problem.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey