[RAZOR GUIDE] Know when an IDOC falls, without being there

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

[RAZOR GUIDE] Know when an IDOC falls, without being there

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Using Razor it is possible to know when a house decays WITHOUT ACTUALLY BEING THERE!

I used this trick a fair bit back in the day, and people basically thought I was down right cheating.

It's fairly simple!

If you target a house sign with a dagger and you're in range, it will give a message saying that you can't use a dagger on a house sign.
If you target a house sign with a dagger and you aren't in range, it will give a message saying that the item is too far away.
If you target a house sign with a dagger that no longer exists, you will get no message.

BOOM!

Now it should be quite a simple macro. Go to the decaying house, and record yourself using your dagger on the sign. Then you can go home, or to the bank.. or anywhere on the map. Run the macro based on the above statements and set an if conditional that alerts you.

The macro would read like this:

Double click dagger
Absolute target the sign
If: too far away
Do nothing, any action basically.. pause for 1s perhaps
Else
Guild chat: THE HOUSE FUCKING FELL
End
Pause 1s

However for some reason, maybe server lag or something.. this isn't completely accurate. Sometimes it will misfire.. but luckily, never twice in a row.
And that's why you have to make this simple concept into something slightly more complex.
You split the macro into two macros in order to get a confirmation.

**INITIAL DETECTION MACRO**

Double click dagger
Absolute target the sign
Do nothing, any action basically.. pause for 1s perhaps
Else
Guild Chat: POTENTIAL HOUSE DECAY ALERT.. CONFIRMATION COMING SOON
Exec: CONFIRM MACRO
End
Pause 1s

**CONFIRM MACRO**

Double click dagger
Absolute target the sign
Guild Chat: HOUSE DECAY MISFIRE.. FALSE ALARM
Exec: INITIAL DETECTION MACRO
Else
Guild Chat: HOUSE DECAY CONFIRMED.. GOGOGOGOGO (Possibly repeat this a few times)
End

In this example the macro alerts you via Guild Chat. So you need to be playing, or have guildmates playing.

You can also use the same macro and instead of alerting via a guild chat macro, you could have your character open several noisy boxes or start casting spells. This way you could do something else in your house with the volume up in UO, and when you hear the boxes open you know the house has decayed.

FURTHER.. I'm pretty sure its legal to set UO to global sound (plays sound even when minimised) which means you could use the box-sound trick to have this alert you while you're on your computer doing something else.

Disclaimer: Didn't log in to check macros, haven't played in a long time.. the concept should be enough though.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: [RAZOR GUIDE] Know when an IDOC falls, without being the

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Vinti says this could have potentially been fixed. He's pretty dumb though, so we'l see.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: [RAZOR GUIDE] Know when an IDOC falls, without being the

Post by Galendae »

Like Tom Brady, you appear guilty, even if we can't prove it. I recommend the loss of 4 Towers, 1 million Gold and a 2 year ban. Integrity of the game ya know?

Return to “Guides”