Best Shown "Builds" Tricks?! (No GMx7)

Topics related to Second Age
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Best Shown "Builds" Tricks?! (No GMx7)

Post by morgan1109 »

LOL. I’m pretty sure we are saying the same thing Sigil. I did use the mace/swords comparison because swords/fence is way too redundant. The mace would at least add some utility since your equipped wands and staves would only allow roughly half of the hits to go through rather than all of them (0 mace). I’d simply rather have those 100 points from mace in poisoning in my poison swords build. I find the utility of reapplying poison in the field to be of more use than an extra weapon skill. Somebody else might prefer putting those last 100 points in Eval, so they can have a strong ranged finisher (if they GM’d magery). Somebody else may want that shield at 100 because they can’t 1v1 the lich lord without it, but they can with. None of them are wrong. Some may be a little less right though. It’s really up to the person to decide.

It’s all simply personal preference. This game has always been that way. I’m just supplying a counterpoint. I typically prefer a wider range of skills and the utility they provide usually, over dominating a specific category. For the record I made my bard into a treasure hunter, so lock picking and cartography ate up the points you would have applied to Taming and Lore. The only time I feel a little undermanned is when I hit those 3 or 4 places with very heavy spawn, heh heh. I can handle it. I just need to be on my toes a lot more than you would have to with taming/lore. The tradeoff is I get to solo level 4&5 maps on my bard which is insanely fun. It took friggin forever to GM lockpick though. I’d recommend friending a GM lockpicker over that grind, heh heh. When finished it’s a great character to play and a good money maker.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin