92 Magery

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: 92 Magery

Post by Faust »

Stratics clears this up easily...
Minimum Requirements for Casting Spells
The number before the slash indicates the minimum Skill necessary to cast a spell of that particular Circle (appr. 2% chance of success), while the number after the slash indicates the skill level necessary for a 99% chance of casting from that Circle.

Circle - Mana - Skill
1st - 4 - 1.1/40.1
2nd - 6 - 6.1/50.1
3rd - 9 - 16.1/60.1
4th - 11 - 26.1/70.1
5th - 14 - 36.1/80.1
6th - 20 - 51.8/90.1
7th - 40 - 66.1/--
8th - 50 - 80.1/--

* Every skill point from the minimum Skill necessary and beyond provides, approximately, an additional 2% to 3% chance of casting Spells of the this Circle, until the maximum of a 99% chance of success is reached. (Circles 1, 7 and 8 do not follow this guideline exactly).
There is no "true" hundred percent chance on a spell. There will always be a 1% chance to fail on a spell regardless of how high your magery skill is.

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

son wrote:I fizzle recall and mini heal daily here with GM magery. Not correct.

you must be doing something wrong

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Tronica wrote:

you must be doing something wrong

lol

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

RoadKill wrote:
I have never fizzled these spells on my GM mages on this shard unless I used an item while casting (not equipping an item, but for example d-clicking a runebook, daggar, rune, spellbook, etc). 440+ days and counting...

I find this very hard to believe. You the only one? I just fizzled GH on GM mage 5 mins ago.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

son wrote:
RoadKill wrote:
I have never fizzled these spells on my GM mages on this shard unless I used an item while casting (not equipping an item, but for example d-clicking a runebook, daggar, rune, spellbook, etc). 440+ days and counting...

I find this very hard to believe. You the only one? I just fizzled GH on GM mage 5 mins ago.
The only times I ever remember fizzling "spells I shouldn't fizzle" would be when my house refresh macro (I have a razor macro that recalls through a runebook filled with houses that I need to refresh weekly) gets caught in a lag storm and opens the runebook while still trying to recall off it's last location, then I get a fizzle.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:There is no "true" hundred percent chance on a spell. There will always be a 1% chance to fail on a spell regardless of how high your magery skill is.
Though this was noted on Stratics (and in the T2A manual, I believe), I never fizzled anything less than 7th circle on OSI pre ren. Being a typically nerdy kid, I used to read up on stratics, math relating to skill, and of course the manual (when I was bored and couldn't play). I remember thinking at the time that this was not accurate.

A 1% chance is high enough to make it noticable. Statistically it's just 1 in every 100 spells you cast - and 100 of each reg don't take that long to go through. Not all of stratics were necessarily accurate.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Sorry big Faust. Stratics is wrong. 1% to fizzle is very considerable, and it just did not occur on baja. I never noticed fizzlin mini heal until UOSA.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't know if it's right or wrong in all honesty. That is simply what Stratics states though... We will know more on this topic when the demo is fully decompiled hopefully.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I still have yet to fizzle anything abnormally here. Am I special or something? I feel left out on this
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

i have not fizzled any low lvl spell at all

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Tronica wrote:i have not fizzled any low lvl spell at all
I have yet to even fizzle a level 6 spell, unless I accidentally equip too soon or as mentioned above, click a runebook during cast. 7th and 8th seem off though.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Well you have 1% chance to fizzle mini heal. Cast 100 mini heals and perhaps you will fizzle. Ive seen it.

Downs

Post by Downs »

ya, it happens. i fizzled recall once on my GM mage here.

Maybe it doesn't happen to the pretty ppl?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Faust wrote:Stratics clears this up easily...
Minimum Requirements for Casting Spells
The number before the slash indicates the minimum Skill necessary to cast a spell of that particular Circle (appr. 2% chance of success), while the number after the slash indicates the skill level necessary for a 99% chance of casting from that Circle.

Circle - Mana - Skill
1st - 4 - 1.1/40.1
2nd - 6 - 6.1/50.1
3rd - 9 - 16.1/60.1
4th - 11 - 26.1/70.1
5th - 14 - 36.1/80.1
6th - 20 - 51.8/90.1
7th - 40 - 66.1/--
8th - 50 - 80.1/--

* Every skill point from the minimum Skill necessary and beyond provides, approximately, an additional 2% to 3% chance of casting Spells of the this Circle, until the maximum of a 99% chance of success is reached. (Circles 1, 7 and 8 do not follow this guideline exactly).
There is no "true" hundred percent chance on a spell. There will always be a 1% chance to fail on a spell regardless of how high your magery skill is.
The folks below are correct in that there was, on the original servers, a 0% chance of fizzling a spell when you reached the skill after the slash. I was also of the belief that these numbers referred to displayed skill.

Note that for all spell levels except level 1 (and I'm pretty sure you do NOT need skill of 1.1 to successfully cast... pretty sure it's 0.0 or less, actually), there are 44.0 skill points between minimum and maximum. If we assume it's 0% to 100% chance at skillmin to skillmax, that means that each 1.0 skill points correlates to 2.272727% chance of successfully casting a spell.

So for level 7 spells at GM, the formula should be (100-66.1)*2.2727 = 77% chance of successful cast. For level 8 spells, it's (100-80.1)*2.2727 = 45% chance for successful cast.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

you fizzle your spell if you open a container, or lift an item when casting. Razor searching containers when you're casting can cause this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."