Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Scoott

Re: Guide : Installing UO and Connecting to Second Age

Post by Scoott »

Now I have another prob. I Re-installed, but, when I play that danm Client, a game that looks like an arcande from 90's comes up in Full Screen. Is that the T2A?? How can I patch now?

P.S. the "arcade" dont work veryyy fine hehe =(

Can someone give some tips??

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

<ALT><ENTER> to exit full screen, or check options via <ALT>O and on the eyeball tab, uncheck Full Screen

Scoott

Post by Scoott »

Ok I Already passed by those probs, and now I have a much bigger. I downloaded MLs, in 3 different mirrors, but every time I am openning it , it keeps loading for like half a hour, then he asks for permition, then it closes. I already moved it to others folders but it didnt worked. How I open that?? ;/ The setup is unexecutable!

poisonman

Post by poisonman »

CRC failed in UO Client Installer\CLIENT\SOUND.MUL
Error "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"

Get this everytime I try to extract from the UO_Client_Installer.exe I downloaded from the FTP

any suggestions?

I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit

walwals

Post by walwals »

Im having problems trying to play this game :(

I have Vista and have downloaded the torrent from demonoid UO_T2A_Era_Client_with_Patch

1. installed the game and patch5.0.8.3.
2. downloaded and installed Razor_Latest
3. downloaded and installed Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
4. I right click on razor shortcut and run as administrator
5. My settings
razor.jpg
razor.jpg (39.83 KiB) Viewed 6935 times
6. Get this error
razlatest.jpg
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow" threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Courier New' doesn't support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize)
at Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Assistant.MapUO.MapWindow.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Assistant.Engine.Initialize(Assembly a)
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

7. I installed older version of razor 1.0.0 and this seemed to work but then I get stuck on this page for along time
razv1.0.0.jpg

Please help im old skool player.

ceezjah

Post by ceezjah »

so i have read through all of the help topics and have tried everything, and no matter what, whenever i try to connect it always says unable to connect please try again in a few moments....please help lol i don't know what else to do or what i am doing wrong

ceezjah

Post by ceezjah »

changed server to divinity? how will that change things?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This looks like a client version or razor verstion problem.
Be sure you're running a post 5.x version of the client, and the latest version of Razor

Smelly Ira
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Smelly Ira »

So yeah, I had to reformat my HD and reinstall. Now that I use the link you guy provided at the top, the best I get is "verifying account" and it just hangs there, it's the correct client version and Razor 1.0.0. The settings are all as they should be as far as I know.

Any ideas?

EDIT: My bad, wrong version of razor lol.

walwals

Post by walwals »

Thanks for all the help. :roll:

I guess you can tell the difference between a paying service and a free one.

Barlon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Barlon »

Yogurt wrote:I did everything as you say:
1) Download installer from torrent
2) installing + running your patch
3) downloading razor + .net
4) razor: pathes, uosecondage.com, 2593...
5) Started UO, trying to log in...
6) "Couldn't connect to ultima online. Please try again in a few moments."

what should I do? Help :(
This is my first time trying to play in a long time. I would really like to play. I followed all these steps and when I try to login it says Couldn't connect to ultima online. Please try again in a few moments. Now I don't know if I'm retarded, and I read a few prior posts, but I have not "made" an account. I just installed everything, started razor made sure things were good. Razor starts UO and I tried entering anything in the login and password and I get the same recurring message. I don't see any further instructions on how to fix this issue when I search the forums. Please help.

Guyjeb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Guyjeb »

ok ... so Thank you RawToxic! your post with mrlittle was the exact issue i was having!

problem solved!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Gang,
Just got home from korea and trying to get UO installed on my x64 pc but running into problem:

When I load razor and click ok, the client begins to load then freezes on a gray screen and shows the following errors. I thought that maybe it was the full screen option but looks to be something else. Any Ideas? I did run the patch, but does this show 5.0.8.4? and not 5.0.8.3?

Thanks
-Jeb

---
Win XP Pro x64
Radeon ATI HD 4800
4 gigs,
plenty of HD space
startup.JPG
startup.JPG (26.5 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
the error
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (56.3 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
details
error details.JPG
error details.JPG (44.78 KiB) Viewed 6802 times

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Derrick, can you look into the patch 5.0.8 exe file. My computer's virus scan just came up saying it was a trojan horse . I use AVG virus scan - thanks!
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

patch.5.0.8.3.exe ?
I'm not sure why it would detect as this, but for safety I recommend redownloading it. The torrent version is probably for secure than any other source as it's hash is verified.

I cannot host the file on our webserver, so we do rely on thrid parties for it's distribution. Scanning any file you get from the internet is always a good idea.

hydroflect

Post by hydroflect »

I just prviously down loaded everything i needed to play, uo t2a with 5.0.8.3 patch , razor and .net framework 1.1 and i get stranded at the verifying account screen when i log on currently using windows xp, running razor as admin, the only thing i can think is im trying to connect at 3:00 am central standard time usa and the server is in downtime mode?

Return to “Guides”