-F- announcement.

Topics related to Second Age
Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: -F- announcement.

Post by Bigoud »

sad...

i met MIKE some days ago, just when I started and he sounds like a cool guy...

I have only one question... what's the point for a so rich person as matrondewinter to steal a keep deed... ?

such acts are ok because they are part of the game... but if you are a forum moderator, trying to build the shard... then dont do such things... you are killing the shard...

or wait for the shard to have 1000 players... but we are a small community and you enjoy pushing people out of it...

to be honest, -F- are also guilty here of cupidity... you dont place a keep right after you bought the small house blocking it...

it was already a very famous thing back in T2A... some people would wait a few days to place a keep or castle after they bought the houses blocking them...
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Bigoud wrote: I have only one question... what's the point for a so rich person as matrondewinter to steal a keep deed... ?

but if you are a forum moderator, trying to build the shard... then dont do such things... you are killing the shard...

or wait for the shard to have 1000 players... but we are a small community and you enjoy pushing people out of it...
Not to speak on behalf of Matron by any means, but strictly speaking as a member of cA I would like to address this.

cA members are not as rich as one may believe. Firstly, thieves don't make very much money--other than these type of big ticket heists once in a blue moon, our income pales in comparison to most any other skill set in game (although Matron does obviously have alts, her thief is actually a quite recent addition to the cA family). Much of cA's wealth is recycled back into the community via the events that we host. Many veteran community members here can vouch for the philanthropy of chumbucket and his Associates. For as much grief and havoc we stir up, we give equally back to the community in the form of the events and contests held by us, randomly legitimate chaos-free participation in player hosted events, and helping and encouraging new players with our presence on both the forums (all areas), IRC, and in game.

Most people who have encountered us in these aspects have responding with nothing but praise for us. We are legitimate members of this community, with a vested interest in the preservation of this era as well as the progress and growth of this shard and community as a whole. We are here to entertain and keep everyone realistic, in a typically tactful manner--we're not here to sling verbal assaults on people, call names and maliciously harass people. We're here to shake things up and keep things entertaining while keeping the black market healthy and gold inflation down. We're here to interact in a non-traditional player versus player role and be the robin hoods of the shard and provide entertaining tales of adventure.

Matron de Winter is not a moderator or a representative of the UOSA staff.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I've been playing here for nearly a year, since back when typically there were 50 people on during a busy night. The server has grown despite the things I and my guild do, and it will continue to do so.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Bigoud wrote:sad...

i met MIKE some days ago, just when I started and he sounds like a cool guy...

I have only one question... what's the point for a so rich person as matrondewinter to steal a keep deed... ?

such acts are ok because they are part of the game... but if you are a forum moderator, trying to build the shard... then dont do such things... you are killing the shard...

to be honest, -F- are also guilty here of cupidity... you dont place a keep right after you bought the small house blocking it...

it was already a very famous thing back in T2A... some people would wait a few days to place a keep or castle after they bought the houses blocking them...
Just yesterday I was asking Felix (son/samson) for a dragon because I did not have the gold to pay for the regs to tame one. I actually bummed 3k off Tekai to get myself farming again. I am not rich by any means, I do not have an amazing array of castles filled with rares. About the moderator comment, I think clark cleared that up, I have no affiliation with UOSA, and the only reason I am a moderator is for the [cA] guild forum section, which we obviously have every right to police.

Beetle Juice

Post by Beetle Juice »

chumbucket wrote:I've been playing here for nearly a year, since back when typically there were 50 people on during a busy night. The server has grown despite the things I and my guild do, and it will continue to do so.
This is undoubtedly the absolute truth. This server hath no equal, and reigns high above the rest. This is due to the involvement of Derrick, and his Staff. Players like -F- will stumble upon this server and enjoy it as much as they did. The continuing growth of the server is inevitable.
Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle. . .

[03:43] <beetlejuice> Hey, where did u get the idea for the small deco contest?
[03:44] <beetlejuice> Didn't you see my kitchen and copy mine?
[04:28] <Blackfoot> yea i stole your kitchen

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

This is what the UO I remember was all about. Well done, Matron...

-F-...What can I say? Besides the obvious "You should have been more cautious." I'm sure you realize what you could have done differently by now so I'll refrain from mentioning it.

That being said I can definetely sympathize with losing that much as I got scammed big time for everything I had on OSI after several months of playing. Then a few months later someone got into my account, changed my password and I couldn't access it until I threatened them with the law (OSI wouldn't do a damn thing). They completely wiped me clean and left my guy dead and so far into statloss that he was worthless.

I didn't give up. I started over from scratch and ended up better off than I had been before.

Senses...I love you man but I think you're wrong about this server. It isn't collapsing and the fact that so many people have missed T2A over the years enough to play a game this old is a testament to the excellence of the era. You're right, UO did create the carebear and Verant/Sony was smart to capitalize on it with EQ. I've played most of the major MMO's that have come out and none of them have had the element of danger, sense of community or have left me with the nostalgia that old school UO has.

Long live UOSA! Well done Derrick and staff :D

XaN

Post by XaN »

He used a skill that he worked at GM'ing to "steal" your deed, which is perfectly capable of being stolen. So, because of this... because of this T2A era accurate game mechanic, which you and your guild originally said you were here to enjoy, you are going to quit?

I don't understand this logic, please somebody tell me there is logic to this!
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

XaN wrote:He used a skill that he worked at GM'ing to "steal" your deed, which is perfectly capable of being stolen. So, because of this... because of this T2A era accurate game mechanic, which you and your guild originally said you were here to enjoy, you are going to quit?

I don't understand this logic, please somebody tell me there is logic to this!
they stopped posting on the topic because they know it was dumb

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Markmosthandsome wrote:[21:53] <UOSAPlayer> -F-
01[21:53] <chumbucket> Oh
01[21:53] <chumbucket> those are just moron pvpers
01[21:53] <chumbucket> ignore them
01[21:54] <chumbucket> You won't see them much anyways

It's okay to be jealous. Not everyone can be as good as us.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Again looking into old histories that should have honorable mention at the museum.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:Again looking into old histories that should have honorable mention at the museum.

there is not enough room at the museum to included every time -F- quits/disbands
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Pro

Post by Pro »

or everytime wise abuses a child

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »