Best shard ever

Topics related to Second Age
Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Best shard ever

Post by Arkon »

Pretty much sums it up. Only been here a day and I'm comfortable enough saying that.

Played UO (Catskills shard) from 97 - 2001 and a couple of free shards between 2001 and 2003 but I've been away from the game completely since then. This shard has everything original OSI UO had and then some. Community seems pretty awesome too, so far.

So, thanks for creating such a good shard, accurate to the T2A era and look forward to seeing you guys around.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Black&Blue

Re: Best shard ever

Post by Black&Blue »

Glad to meet you. Remember to tell all of your friends about UOSA. I felt the same way, the first day I started this shard.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Welcome to secondage!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

Yeah, that's how I felt first day. It was a feeling of "yeah, this is how I remember it."
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Yup, I'm hoping to get 2 good friends of mine to join me over here.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Welcome to UOSA!

If you haven't already, check out The Humble Village of Awesome! ;)

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

wellcome to the shard hope to see you on the field or in some dungeons !

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

Yup this shard is awesome.

What i love about this shard

-Very true to the true T2A (No neon crap or blessed item with stupid name.Or all those damned stupid templates like alchy-stun)
-Harder to raise than most shard i played ( I won't tell the shard name but when you can be GM 7X in a couple of hours it's get old very quick.Although it's not like T2a because of the 1000000 guide and un-attended macroing it's still not that *fast* to be Gm everything
-The Murderer system! Just like i remembered!In some shard you see *red* running in town lol . That retarded
-Economy! Other shard if you loot or win the right pair of sandals you're rich.
-No stupid UOStores .. (I'm too lazy to raise the skillz or purchase a skillz ball and sell it for 1 millions gp!) i Hate that attitude.That f* up the economy.
-Faction! Chaos vs Order and Guild Wars!
-Plus most of T2A stuff is here!!
-Awesome Staff! They aren't corrupt like most other free Shard.

Final word
This Shard rules.I have more fun here than i had in Age of Conan Or Warhammer online
Kudos :) .. I just need to give a donation now!

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Its great to have you on the shard, and welcome back to UO!
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Good to see you Arkon. I just started here yesterday and I also am from 97-01 Catskills. Loving the server so far.

Aragorn, Nazgul, Iceblight
or if you knew
Macros, Pug, Beholder.

OLK, ORK, The Free Corp
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

I also played on Catskills, about 2000-2004. Moved over after starting on Great Lakes in 1998. Welcome! :)

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

UPDATE:

Reasons I'll continue playing here -

a) Ran into an issue with my thief being unable to join the thieves guild, though he met the requirements and the NPC thought the same. After paying my fee, twice, still wasn't working. Paged Derrick and the issue was resolved in less than 5 mins. Read it somewhere else, but it's true the excellent staff here isn't era accurate :P

b) After not playing for awhile due to being busy, decided to go out and start farming up some money. After about 30 mins.. what happens? I get pk'd - and I loved it! It's really the risk v. reward that made the era so great. I run out, rez, and come back only have the same guy that pk'd me give me everything back, and then some. Overall just a great experience.

But ya, definitely feel right at home here. Kudos to the staff. Just wish I had found it sooner.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

tenduil wrote:Good to see you Arkon. I just started here yesterday and I also am from 97-01 Catskills. Loving the server so far.

Aragorn, Nazgul, Iceblight
or if you knew
Macros, Pug, Beholder.

OLK, ORK, The Free Corp
Sorry, missed this one. Macros sounds familiar... I was also Ravage, Allavair, Dreagon and ran a guild >I< for a good while if those names ring a bell.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

It's true. I got PK'd in my first couple of days on the shard and the guy left me with the essentials and gated me back to town. I thought that was unusually stand-up.