I'm having a moving party! BYOB.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I'm having a moving party! BYOB.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Congrats red team on emerging victorious!

Screenshots from the event..

Thanks UOSA staff for the announcement, carl the crook for help in preperation, those 2 silver serpants I borrowed from Ameoba Island, and Daolin/Marfu for help with the ideas.

This event will occur Sunday, June 28th at 9pm EST.
The location will be announced prior to the event.

The Winning team will take 80% of the pot, second place will recieve 20%. I am throwing in an additional 20k on top of the entrance fees. The fee does NOT apply to spectators, anyone is welcome to come and watch.

Each team will compete to move an equal number of heavy objects from one area to another clearly marked area. The winner will be the team who completes this task first.

A team consists of 3 people, if you enroll your team with fewer, that is not a problem.

The rules:

You may take the opposing team(s) boxes, however they do not count towards your total. You cannot however remove a box once it has been placed in the goal unless it belongs to your team.

Your character must be a newbie. Say "[publicchar" in game 30 minutes prior to the event so that I may verify your skills. You cannot macro your character or train in any way before showing up, but purchasing additional skills from an NPC is allowed. If you have 50.1 in a skill, you may not participate. You can equip your newbie however you see fit, but be advised this is full loot.

The only thing I am not allowing is purple potions, for obvious reasons.

There will be no ressing or re-entry. If you die or eject yourself from the location, your teammate(s) are on their own. If an entire team is wiped out, they lose the match.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: I'm having a moving party! BYOB.

Post by Daolin »

do we have to enroll a whole team or can we just show up as a solo? Can we equip the new char any?

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
The rules:

There will be no ressing or re-entry. If you die or eject yourself from the location, your teammate(s) are on their own. If an entire team is wiped out, they lose the match.
So we are supposed to move stuff but can also attack the other players?
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

tenduil wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:
The rules:

So we are supposed to move stuff but can also attack the other players?
Yup

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I'm game but need to find 2 other pps.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

I'll play! Does anyone want to get together and form a team?

What about adding some fouls? Or maybe "red cards" if you murder another player. Right now I think if you have the ability to all out brawl, it might break possible strategies on scoring. Why have the boxes if the teams are just going to try and eliminate one another, and then worry about getting the boxes in the marked zones?

Just for example:
Maybe, only poison field and fire fields are allowed, and basic weapons... dagger, cleaver, wand.... Casting a field spell would be difficult and mana costly at only 50 magic. Not to mention it has negative repercussions on the team that's even able to get a cast off... Then allow one player on each team, wield a basic weapon. No killing, but allowing near death to kill stamina. You could also ban food.

Anyways, these are just some ideas. Basically I read your post and just got totally into it haha, this is a great idea and I can't wait to show up :mrgreen: and yes... I'll bring a chest of beer.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Charles Darwin wrote:I'll play! Does anyone want to get together and form a team?

What about adding some fouls? Or maybe "red cards" if you murder another player. Right now I think if you have the ability to all out brawl, it might break possible strategies on scoring. Why have the boxes if the teams are just going to try and eliminate one another, and then worry about getting the boxes in the marked zones?

Just for example:
Maybe, only poison field and fire fields are allowed, and basic weapons... dagger, cleaver, wand.... Casting a field spell would be difficult and mana costly at only 50 magic. Not to mention it has negative repercussions on the team that's even able to get a cast off... Then allow one player on each team, wield a basic weapon. No killing, but allowing near death to kill stamina. You could also ban food.

Anyways, these are just some ideas. Basically I read your post and just got totally into it haha, this is a great idea and I can't wait to show up :mrgreen: and yes... I'll bring a chest of beer.
Do you have any idea how long it takes a newbie character to kill another? lol

The best bet is to try to get the stuff to the goal imo.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Charles Darwin wrote:I'll play! Does anyone want to get together and form a team?

Just for example:

Do you have any idea how long it takes a newbie character to kill another? lol

The best bet is to try to get the stuff to the goal imo.
:lol: ok ok ok This is a good point hahaha

So your going to be on my team right? :mrgreen:

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

ok to join

catch me on irc when i need to come
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Im setting up in a minute or two. Going to advertise the location at the last minute.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

ACE is having a pvp tourney of sorts at the exact same time. I am going to reschedule this for tomarrow at the same time. Sorry

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

updated photos ect..

Thanks everyone who showed up, I had a great laugh watching people flee from silver serpants.

Pro

Post by Pro »

try doing it earlier next time I intended to win this event

Odin

Post by Odin »

Thanks a lot to matron for such an awesome event. Thanks also to my fellow red team members who all helped secure victory. My only complaint was that the event was fairly short. Would love to see more of these being organised because the newbie skills make the pvp very interesting (as do the box moving and serpents!).

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Silver Serps! What else do you have in that attic ? ;)

Return to “Player Run Events”