Text/Cursor Problem

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Eiksta

Text/Cursor Problem

Post by Eiksta »

I recently made an account here, and my first character Eiksta came out quite fine so far... Yet, with every new character I make, they all have the same problem. The text I enter does not show up on screen, untill I hit enter and it is posted above my head. There is also no cursor on screen, so I imagine thats why the text is not being entered at the bottom left hand corner of the screen...

Faust

Re: Text/Cursor Problem

Post by Faust »

This is how socializing inside of Ultima Online works. When you enter text it will place that text down in the botton left hand corner into a line. Upon hitting the enter key you are actually submitting the text into the online world with it displaying over your character's head. Most online games can't support this type of feature that UO uses due to processing restrictions of a 3d atmosphere so they placed a little box down into a chat room like setup creating an even more unrealistic world. This feature is a major difference between the more modern games that set it apart from the rest. Also, the text that you see around you is saved in a journal. You can access this journal by hitting "alt+j" by default or click the little button icon inside of your paperdoll that says "Journal" inside of it. This journal can be reviewed incase you missed something someone else said in game.

Eiksta

Post by Eiksta »

ok, well that's all fine and well, and as I said, I was aware of that. I know where the text is entered, and I know how it looks on screen. My issue is, on any other character besides the first made of the account, the text never shows up at the bottom left hand corner at all, only above my head after I hit enter.

Faust

Post by Faust »

ah, my bad. I thought maybe you were new to the game and misunderstood your post. I am not quite sure why your text wouldn't be showing up like that though. Perhaps, Derrick may be familiar with this issue from a previous experience possibly.

Eiksta

Post by Eiksta »

thanks for giving it a try tho man. He told me it may be the config file so I deleted that, or the game size window in razor so I checked that. It still seems to be a issue tho. It only occurs on the new characters I make. My first character is fine. Also that lil bar with the blue button, it's like a L, it says something about buffs and debuffs... thats not anywhere to be found either

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

this happens to me from time to time (can't see text).. pretty sure its one of my razor desktop's screwed up .. never messed much with it seeing its not that big of a problem for me .. check your razor (if your useing it ) to see if things like game size etc is all in line? or if you have multi profile and see if thats the problem

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I have been having this problem lately as well and another problem is getting stuck where I cannot move in a particular direction unless I cast teleport which is no big deal except for my newb and non mage characters.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I have been having this problem lately as well and another problem is getting stuck where I cannot move in a particular direction unless I cast teleport which is no big deal except for my newb and non mage characters.
The problem of you getting stuck Archaic, can be fixed by resynchronizing your client. This can be added to a hotkey in razor,I'm at work right now so I cant tell ya what tab its under though. As for the text not appearing I beleive its your game window size tbh.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I had the problem of not being able to see the text I wrote on a new character recently as well.

You need to go into the UO options (ALT+O) and click the second icon on the right (an eye). Scroll down to the bottom and change the "Speech color" to anything. Apply and it should work.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Eiksta

Post by Eiksta »

thanks man, the changing of the speech color fixed the issue

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”