UO with a netbook?

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UO with a netbook?

Post by Duke Jones »

I was contemplating getting a netbook. I was wondering how well that would work with playing UOSA? I don't know a whole lot about netbooks. So maybe someone who has knowledge could help me out.

-Would all the necessary files fit on a flash drive?
-Would it run on a netbook?
-Would it look decent on-screen?

It would be nifty to have a portable UOSA with me and run it whenever I'm bored and in range of wireless.

Thanks for the help!
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Galactics

Re: UO with a netbook?

Post by Galactics »

UO should run just fine on a netbook. When i first started playing UO i was using a old NEC 400 mhz 64 mb ram(new at the time) and it ran just fine. Netbook specs are by far better than that.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Galactics wrote:UO should run just fine on a netbook. When i first started playing UO i was using a old NEC 400 mhz 64 mb ram(new at the time) and it ran just fine. Netbook specs are by far better than that.

Ok Thanks! for the info. (I'm billing you for a netbook if this doesn't work, btw. ) J/k :lol:
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

------> -Would it look decent on-screen?

Dunno, is it an 8" screen? Might not like that..

omiK

Post by omiK »

Hello!

ATM im playing on a Compaq Mini 701.

Works fine, even with more than one uo instance at the same time :mrgreen:

Later ill post an screenshot.

Peace!.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

I use a netbook with 8.9 screen and it works good. use 800 res and you can still see razor map and or tab and play at same time :) i dunno about flash drive i just use the onboard ssd to load it since its like 12gigs.

i used a 300a celeron until like 2003 to play uo so my netbook is way faster than that lol

i wouldnt advise playing at work however as tempting as it is.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Well I picked up my Netbook and ran UOsa. I'm loving the portability to pickup and play anywhere with WiFi.

As far as the look of the game, it depends on your style of display I generally like to put all my crap in the black areas outside my gameplay window. So with the right game resolution and screen resolution set, I can barely get what i want:

-Radar and Paperdoll, on the top right
-My bags just under that.
-The remaining bit on the bottom right varies depending on what I need (skills, journal, etc).
-And there's JUST enough room on the bottom edge under the game window to put various healthbars.

So the netbook gives me *JUST* what I need to play comfortably while still staying portable. :)