Moderator: Support Moderators

Kenny Powers

what would be better for pvm?

Post by Kenny Powers »

A dexer with parry hide or a peacer?

Fingers Malone

Re: what would be better for pvm?

Post by Fingers Malone »

From what I hear, peacemaking isn't very good here. You're probably better off taking archery over parry.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: what would be better for pvm?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Peacemaking you have to tab out almost everytime you see a creature flash red and retarget it to have any effect in battle...and if you move you might still be targeted. Peacemaking is a good scavanger technique if you want to loot bodies of friends,foes, or strangers in a dangerous area and it can be an aide in taming or buying time as a provoker to find another target to utilize.

I use peacemaking sometimes to run into a dangerous area and find a place to hide. It seems the more distance you have the better the effect is. Then I stealth in on kills and rob corpses with it playing. Just because I am toying with it right now I am trying to find use for it.

It's supposed to actually unprovoke creatures which right now it doesnt.(I asked Derrick about it and he has it on his to do list)

It can aide a dexxer. Using peace can slow down his opponents as the peacer is not affected thereby buying bandaging time. Imagine a peacer macer if you will that drains stamina and slows down his opponent with his barding abilities.

I suggest peacemaking on a dexxer provoker bard with limited mage abilities...or on a non combatant scavenger type template such as a lockpicker corpse robber, maybe even a combat rogue that wants to slow down hits so he can focus on getting the item he wants by opening packs as he intiates his song.

Another good use is in training newbies or if you are being slaughtered and your guys need that time to heal up by slowing the course of battle. It doesn't always stop it, it makes it easier and slows it down quite a bit. On a provoker it's amazing to be able to have time to drag bars when you have more then enough targets without having to hide or cast invisible.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”