The Definition of Unattended Resource Gathering

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Read post first.

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 98

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Definition of Unattended Resource Gathering

Post by noxmonk »

Faust wrote:Who would stalk a nobody? :roll:
Apparently you, as evidence, see the aforementioned post.

Faust

Post by Faust »

How does that constitute as stalking again?

"Woah, someone posted in another forum section next to the one he posted in previously!"

Saying that is stalking is well beyond stupidity son... :lol:

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Faust wrote:How does that constitute as stalking again?

"Woah, someone posted in another forum section next to the one he posted in previously!"

Saying that is stalking is well beyond stupidity son... :lol:
calm down daughter.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust can you please not f up one perfectly fine, productive forum topic for once in your pathetic life, thanks.

I refused to read all that BS, however I sifted through some of it. Nox was stating that the player was using EasyUO, afk or not that is a bannable offense, according to Derrick's new rule people shouldn't be claiming that they are cheating. Comparing "afk" resource gathering on multiple clients to just straight macroing is absolutely ludacris. One consumes resources, while the other brings them in at must faster, inaccurate rates. Something out of nothing.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

People Macro all the time offline...if people are keeping a monitor on their characters as they resource gather...they still have to go back and forth collecting ore and smelting it and they have to keep selling it before exceeding their weight limits. Everyone is macroing everything to get an advantage and I bet you do too...
Everyone is macroing to spare time because this game is almost a lifetime acheivement if you don't.
Stop being a buzzkill. Or have you already macroed your way to the top?
Hypocracy at it's absolute lowest.
The rules are you can't macro in one spot when you resource gather afk.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

No wonder Chum always bashed on Hemp...he is a tweed.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:No wonder Chum always bashed on Hemp...he is a tweed.
Hahaha.

Feel free to look over the whole topic again, you will notice the people that are FOR exploiting the shard and making it another sinking replica of what UO could be fall into either one of two categories:

- people participating or benefiting from the act directly
- people that have no clue what the hell this topic is about/what the hell they are saying.

I believe you, my friend, fall into the second category. This isn't about simply macroing, to build a character you must first put in the effort to attain any required resources/skills to build it. Resource gathering is one of the processes for many of the skills, nevermind the fact that you are pulling in economy altering resources out of nothing at much faster rates than were ever possible on OSI (3-4x as fast more many of the abusers).

This has nothing to do with being a buzz kill or hypocrisy as your original, poorly structured post stated. It has everything to do with trying to conserve the longevity and quality of the shard.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

I never seen anyone pull something from nothing...
and sorry, after the Revolution it is every Americans right to destroy proper english.
Ain't nothin' propa about us gov.....
Nothing wrong with having clients do what guild members/ friends could do for you.
Some people aren't as established.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote: Nothing wrong with having clients do what guild members/ friends could do for you.
Why do you play here? Do you not understand the true game of UO, sense of community etc?

That is a perfect line you wrote there, that is exactly WHY it should be illegal.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Hemperor wrote:
ArchaicSubrosa wrote: Nothing wrong with having clients do what guild members/ friends could do for you.
Why do you play here? Do you not understand the true game of UO, sense of community etc?

That is a perfect line you wrote there, that is exactly WHY it should be illegal.
100% agree with Hemperor.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

It's people like Hemperor and the guilds demeanor to do not for themselves what you could do for them. In fact I live the best of both worlds...because of the fact that others are doing just that. You are not going to make us a bunch of chinese gold farmers without seeing any profit ourselves!
Having multi clients just makes the game more interesting a bit more cloak and dagger. If it weren't so there wouldn't be people now resisting it as it meddles into their affairs.
Who would develop any other character then adventure class to have a bit of fun if they couldn't adventure with one, and craft with the other?
Whose going to have that aged character whose job is to only identify,discern maps, provide the tools for the jobs if all we have are PVP, PVM characters?
As long as you put the effort into your characters, you are having fun...and fun is what really counts. Not your petty politics. I even believe you should ghost and people should have a wise character rolled up to speak with them. Why even have spirit speak on a PVPer?
This is a game of wit, and people seem to be having fun trying to outwit their opponents whichever side of the board you play on.

Kafka118

Post by Kafka118 »

This thread is quite amusing for the simple reason that the majority of folks posting seem to be ignorant to the fact that this shard is and never will be "era accurate" - from ruleset to player base. OSI shards may have had ingot prices at a higher rate but this isn't an OSI shard. This shard has it's own eccomony and problems which are unique simply because of the rulesets being invoked.

If people want to sell for lower prices that's up to them, weather they macro on one, two or three accounts with one two or three PC's is a moot point - Razor is the issue. No Razor means no "attended" hands off macroing. Which would effectively kill multiple account usage aside from ghosting or standing idle working off counts. Removing Razor however increases the chances of other 3rd party utilities being used by people. As it stands the only reason people don't use other utilites is because Razor has the capacity to do everything. For those of you using EUO learn to use Razor ... it's far more powerfull. You can write a perpetual mining script in under 10 mins using Razor.

I'm all for removing Razor from general usage. PvP might actually be a challenge rather than having people hit a single key which activates a perfectly timed Explosion, Hally hit / FS combo and type "LoL i Roxx". I'm pretty sure the PvP community won't like it though.

Prevention wise there isn't much to be done by GM's aside from checking on players reported as macro miners. If there's no response within a set period of time jail them. Second time offfence is a ban.

Other options include reducing the ore amount recieved per spot and / or increasing the spawn time between spawns; thus reducing the amount which a person can pull. Also raising the base vendor level purchase price might encourage people to sell a little higher. You might want to increase this as more gold floods the shard.

I've found macro miners afk numerous times and simply killed / taken their ore, then reported them. I suggest other people do the same.

Selling ingots btw - 6 gold each :)

- Kafka

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you can juggle all three at once...do as you will.

But turn away from it for a moment or run an illegal macro that lets you do so afk, then you are breaking the rules.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:Everyone is macroing to spare time because this game is almost a lifetime acheivement if you don't.
Stop being a buzzkill.
Started off with nothing but 100 gold. Never used a macro. Enjoyed the hell outta' gameplay. I've had fond memories of every moment. Don't say "everybody does it," because they don't. That has never been a legitimate excuse for anything.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Duke Jones wrote:
ArchaicSubrosa wrote:Everyone is macroing to spare time because this game is almost a lifetime acheivement if you don't.
Stop being a buzzkill.
Started off with nothing but 100 gold. Never used a macro. Enjoyed the hell outta' gameplay. I've had fond memories of every moment. Don't say "everybody does it," because they don't. That has never been a legitimate excuse for anything.
I don't get you. What is the difference to run a script with last object last target then turning it off when you got enough ore and doing the same thing with hotkeys?

If you are running around on your guys gathering resources switching between them being active, what's the deal? Is it such a thing that we can play without alternating keys all the time?

Do you have a problem with people having several characters being used at one time?

If you are so ho-hum sigh about so little interface and people playing maybe you should get out more instead of hunting in places no one goes to avoid PKs. Group up or something. WE ALL DO THAT TOO!

People are playing Monopoly, the Sims, an RP, Risk,Clue, a third person fantasy game and God knows what else all together in one lumped up package. You can do all of these, you could even have your lonely,low and humble adventurer trying to find his place in the world with just a hundred gold in his pocket crawling to the top from the beginning. WE ALL DO THAT TOO!

Once you decide on having a whole entourage of characters you will change tune, but yeah its nice to go back to newbie once in awhile too.

If you have just one lone character, I am not hating on you for that. I was saying the same things you were when I started.

I know where you are coming from...

But I also know what you are up against, and having a wide assortment of characters is a good idea. Just choose a couple to fall in love with.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.