Healing - Curing AFK Macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Baycon

Healing - Curing AFK Macro

Post by Baycon »

Hey everyone,

Been on the shard for about a week, and having a great time.

I have been working on a Bard/Dexxer/Mage hybrid, and since I rather play than macro sometimes, I ended up with GM sword, but healing only at around 60. From scanning the boards, I realised that the best way to raise skills at that point, was to cure poisons. Problem is, I'm not a big genius in making macros, and for some reason, I couldn't find any good ones on the board.

So here's one I made, and it's been running about 11 hours now, no problems (about to hit 80, in another hour maybe).

Certain things about this macro :

- Uses 2 restock agents. 1 to restock 1x Nightshade before the In Nox cast. 1 to restock 10x bandages if bandages < 10.
- Can be done completely naked at the bank if necessary, I chose to do so in a house, for extra safety.
- Is done with a VERY basic knowledge of macros, so certain easier paths, may be taken. I know this worked for me, and I've had 0 death or hookups.
- During the macro, the "If poisoned, bandage self, wait 18.1sec" sequence is repeated a few times, about 4 or 5 I think, same thing for the "If hp<75, bandage self". I did this because I don't know any better...regardless, it works.

Here goes:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|10|Bandages
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-3
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075070599|1188|2335|27|3646
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-4
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075852356|1188|2334|27|3702
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|20
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4000000
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1025|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:18.1000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|0|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|0|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|75
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:16
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:16
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:15.3000000
There are two absolute targets that need to be re-set if you use this. Just set them to the proper bags (I used two bags, one for Nightshade, one for bandages...since everything in one bag was too heavy.)

Thanks!:)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Healing - Curing AFK Macro

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Why not put the 1 nightshade and 10 bandaids in the same restock agent.

Baycon

Post by Baycon »

Good idea :)

Like I said, I'm not too bright with macros:P

venox

Post by venox »

a good way to keep getting poison is to get a snake or slime in your house.

of course you will also need an alternative way to heal cause you will only ever be curing yourself and not healing...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

venox wrote:a good way to keep getting poison is to get a snake or slime in your house.

of course you will also need an alternative way to heal cause you will only ever be curing yourself and not healing...
Trap the snake in a corner between two tables, attack it and tab out. Run a macro that walks towards the snake (make sure to add more walk commands than needed) when your at 100hits. Then have it enter a loop of curing that lasts 18 seconds. Then have it check your hits and if they are under 80 or so walk back to where you started, and enter another healing cycle. That way you wont walk back into the snake until you have 100 hits again, and therefor, are not poisoned.

bizarrorollins

Post by bizarrorollins »

Hmm.. the easiest way I found to macro this was run a macro using on client which ran a loop of

IF poisoned
wait 2 seconds
else
cast poison
target self
end IF

on the second client just target the bandages and target the player (i don't think you actually need to have them in your pack so you can leave them on the floor of your house and not need a restock macro for this). If you want to get fancy you can include some extra code for restocking the nightshade and timers and such, but this is really a pretty simple concept to gaining healing. Its just going to take a lot of bandages and thats about it.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Another way to do this is with 2 clients. Have one use a bandaid on the other and wait X amount of seconds. On each bandaid attempt have them snoop client #2. have client #2 run a macro that checks for a system message of "You Notice" and casts poison. This will ensure that your two clients are syncing up.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Another way to do this is with 2 clients. Have one use a bandaid on the other and wait X amount of seconds. On each bandaid attempt have them snoop client #2. have client #2 run a macro that checks for a system message of "You Notice" and casts poison. This will ensure that your two clients are syncing up.
^
^This is basically what I did. Got a healer up to high 60's healing while training magery and resist on my mage, then used the mage to cast 2000 poisons on himself while the the healer cured and healed. I prefer using the badages on someone else because the timer is so much less. Got my healing to 80 very quickly.

The mage's macro goes more or less like so:
If hits >= 50 (or whatever number you think you can heal)
Restock Nightshade 1
Cast poison on self
Snoop the healer
Pause for cure delay
Else
Snoop the healer
Pause for heal delay
End If

And the healer's macro:
If sysmessage "you notice 'player name' attempting"
double click bandages
absolute target (the mage)
Pause for delay
End If

There are, of course, a couple more pauses than listed here but I can't check the exact macro right now. If I had to do it again I would probably create a dummy mage with no resist to use less nightshade, but it was only 6k worth anyway.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

(the caster)

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074896625|3701
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|15
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044106|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you have been cured
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|50
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|44485|4468|1163|0|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1150000
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|20
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4000000
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074896625|3701
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:06

(the healer)

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you notice itunes attempting
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1075359728|3617
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|44485|4468|1163|0|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08

it works better than anything posted here. just use bandaids from the bank, no restock needed for healer

also gets some med gains since its set to med under 15 mana

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Train melee on another character and heal him. You should gain alot even enough to possibly macro on a ghost to polish up later.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Train melee on another character and heal him. You should gain alot even enough to possibly macro on a ghost to polish up later.
not true, both characters will GM tactics and their melee skill and end up with around 62 real healing (from 50)

Poison is known to be the only reasonable means to 78 real.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Nayee wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Train melee on another character and heal him. You should gain alot even enough to possibly macro on a ghost to polish up later.
not true, both characters will GM tactics and their melee skill and end up with around 62 real healing (from 50)

Poison is known to be the only reasonable means to 78 real.
LOL I never macroed with Poison and look up Luneer Mirkwood as a public Character. I am GM.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

LOL i said reasonable.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I used him to heal while he himself trained macing and then while training a character that did not have healing.
Piece of cake. I finished it up on a ghost. You're bound to have more then one character anyway.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

I'm not sure when you did this (or if it even matters when) but I've recently trained up to 100 fencing/tactics and ended up with 62 real skill.

This has been discussed in a previous topic(http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5216) My macro is only there to help those that want to go the poison route (I've been doing it for 2 hours and have gone from 62 to 70 real. I've used about 800 Nightshade and 850 band-aids)
Derrick wrote: As Batlin said, over 65 or so, curing poison is the best way to gain, once you get well into the 80's resurrecting will be the fastest method. You cannot GM healing very easily as all by just healing damage, although it is theoretically possible.