Tactics skill gain

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Gordian

Tactics skill gain

Post by Gordian »

Hello.

Since yesterday (august the 31th) i suddenly stopped gaining tactics points. My tactics skill got stuck at 89.9. Since I stopped getting skill gain in Tactics i went from about 98.0 to 100.0 in Swordsman and from 0.0 to 31.1 in Wrestling. Something must be wrong. I called one of my buddy and as he was raising his Swordsmanship skill too he told me he didn't got tactics skill gain either and was stuck in the 54's. Anybody else having some problems with Tactics skill gain?

Weird problem cause every other skill are raising properly.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tactics skill gain

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Get something with zero weapon skill and hit on it...give an npc a different weapon type then it is holding, use a stable animal...anything that is going to be hit and be utterly defenseless as it has no skill to take it.

I strip any npc of any armour to make sure my hit isn't nullified by ar.

Make sure you use a healer or a vet respectfully.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Gordian

Post by Gordian »

Thanks for your answer! Well since that post I went to 56 in wrestling hiting birds, goats and hinds... I'm hunting in the fields rather than macroing as i need stuff...

Since then still no Tactics skill gain. I tried on a different computer and also asked a friend of mine to log my char at his place but still no skill gain. I might be bugged... Anyone got an idea?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Are you at the 700 point skill cap in real skill? Put all skills you are not trying to develop set to lower.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Gordian

Post by Gordian »

Not at 700... Wrestling raising properly.

Also watched that Tactics is set as "raise". I tried to lock it for a few, tried to set it as "lower" also... Put it back to "raise" but still no skill gain :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There was an adjustment to the way combat skills raise in yesterdays patch. I'd was adjacently omitted from the notes, but was added there this morning.

Tactics will gain better when using a weapon your are more proficient in. I will look further into whether this is working properly.

One of the characters I'm watching this morning has 60ish Wrestling and 90ish tactics, and is trying to raise tacs using wrestling. This will no longer work.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

alatar

Post by alatar »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Get something with zero weapon skill and hit on it...give an npc a different weapon type then it is holding, use a stable animal...anything that is going to be hit and be utterly defenseless as it has no skill to take it.

I strip any npc of any armour to make sure my hit isn't nullified by ar.

Make sure you use a healer or a vet respectfully.
:D
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.