Razor Macro Hangs

Twiz

Razor Macro Hangs

Post by Twiz »

I have a macro for Bowcraft that usually works about 3 or 4 times and then hangs at the same spot (red). I would think that the reason it's not working is because it's not correctly targeting the boards. I tried adding small pauses between the steps leading up to it but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Loop
DClick Dagger
Wait for Target
Target Boards
Wait For Menu (Any)
Menu Response 2
Wait For Menu (Any)
Menu Response 3
Pause 9.5
If Sys "you create"
Lift XBow
Drop in Chest1
EndIf
Pause .25
If Weight <= 50
Restock Agent1
Target Chest2
Pause 2.5
EndIf

Twiz

Re: Razor Macro Hangs

Post by Twiz »

I had "Target Boards" as target by type. Sometimes it would target the boards I restocked from. I changed to "Target Absolute". That will work for this bowcrafting session but I'll have to retarget each time. Anyway around this?

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Twiz wrote:I had "Target Boards" as target by type. Sometimes it would target the boards I restocked from. I changed to "Target Absolute". That will work for this bowcrafting session but I'll have to retarget each time. Anyway around this?

In my experience, as long as you never let the stack of boards run out, it should keep the same absolute target. Just set your restock for a few more, or make it restock when you have a few left.

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

It's been set to restock when I have less than 25 boards left so I don't run out until my restock chest runs out and it was still choosing my restock chest every once in a while.
With absolute target, I don't have to worry about it targeting the boards in the chest but I do have to remember to retarget the boards in my bag when I start back up the next day.

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Could be lag related too. I've been macroing up carpentry and tinkering and I've found that my crafting macros will hang at the same point after my flatmate gets home and starts watching iplayer. I can leave them all day while I work at they will run smoothly, purely a latency thing.

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

I'll just leave the absolute target. If it happens some more, I'll add a few more short pauses. I did find that if the server starts a save at just the right moment, it throws the macro off. I don't afk macro anyways so it's not hard to hit stop/start again. I'm just lazy and don't like to.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

When I use crafting macros, I convert the resource target to "LastTarget" then use a hotkey defined in razor for "Set LastTarget". This way when I start a crafting macro, I simple Set LastTarget with my hotkey, then start my macro.

For dealing with hangs, I just set the timeouts on "Waiting for..." to 5 seconds or so. This will prevent you from having to babysit the macro too much.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

Yeah, this is annoying. Had the same problem with inscription. Last target and overstocking is how I do it. Be careful though: having more boards, ingots, etc. can change menu options (you can craft more stuff) so make sure you record the macro with the number of resources you're stocking.

This works well when your macro has only one target, but if it needs to target more than one item you have a problem. For example, I have a macro that scribes runebooks from scrolls, regs, and a rune. It uses last target to target a stack of scrolls for making recall and gate, then targets a rune to make the book (OK, its a bit more complicated than that). If I loop the macro, the rune is the last target, not the scrolls. So I do this at the start of the macro:

Set Last Target
Absolute Target (the scrolls)

Now, instead of changing three absolute targets in the macro, I just change this one.