Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Sauron

Re: Housing

Post by Sauron »

According to the oldest stratics mirror they were blessed. http://web.archive.org/web/199905080458 ... com/homes/ Sometimes the link works, sometimes it doesn't. :wink:

Veeleko

Post by Veeleko »

Hmm, what about alts? I want to use only one house for all of my characters, is there a way to do it? I tried to copy a key so that my other characters could have one but it didn't work.

alatar

Post by alatar »

You can either transfer keys every time you want in, place a key on your front porch and lock it down, or unlock your doors and secure your house off. (securing your house off takes only a moment)
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Veeleko wrote:Hmm, what about alts? I want to use only one house for all of my characters, is there a way to do it? I tried to copy a key so that my other characters could have one but it didn't work.
Do you mean to say you successfully copied a house key, but it wouldn't unlock your house, or that you were not able to copy the key?

alatar

Post by alatar »

I didn't know it was possible to copy keys, or am I confused.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:I didn't know it was possible to copy keys, or am I confused.
Aye, tinker can copy keys. Use blank key on existing key. Blank keys can be purchased from tinker shop of crafted

Veeleko

Post by Veeleko »

Aaah, need to be tinker for that. Explains it. Thanks.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Two other things housing related that are not quite era accurate is Strongboxes for coowners and item decay in houses. Strongboxes were added in Nov of 99, so era accurate is interpretation of early or later T2A. Item decay in houses did not start until Jan 2000 as part of the clean up of Britania phase 3. As perspective, April 2000 UO:R was implemented.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_1
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_2

Publish 1 on November 23, 1999.
Publish 2 on January 24 2000

Co-owner Features

Co-owners will be able to do everything that an owner can, except:
Transfer ownership of the house.
Re-deed a house.
Add another co-owner.
Change the house locks.

Co-owners can also place one secure container, called a "strongbox".
To place a strongbox the co-owner must say, "I wish to place a strongbox". The strongbox will appear at your feet.
The strongbox can only be accessed by the co-owner who placed it and the owner of the house.
A strongbox can hold up to 25 items and has no weight restrictions. Note that the strongbox is a secure container, but items in the box do not count against the total number of lockdowns for that house. These strongboxes are additional storage.
A strongbox belonging to a co-owner that is removed will become unsecure (and subject to decay) as soon as it is accessed again.
Other characters on the same account that are being treated as co-owners will NOT be able to place a strongbox.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Veeleko wrote:Aaah, need to be tinker for that. Explains it. Thanks.

I have successfully copied house keys with 0 tinkering skill. Just takes a couple times.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

alatar

Post by alatar »

Maleficia wrote:A strongbox can hold up to 25 items and has no weight restrictions.
reg box :mrgreen:
#1 PK Guild on T2A

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, we intentionally do not have strongboxes. This was created because of lack of housing space, we don't have this problem here.

Do do intend to turn off item decay in houses.

"No item decay in houses" and strongboxes weren't in game at the same time I don't believe.

Ankur

Post by Ankur »

Strongboxes were also only intended for the co owner.

"I wish to place a strongbox"

The owner could not access it. Only drop items in it. However there were glitches as to how to remove it if needed or wanted. But yes, originally 25 items, no weight limit.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Ankur wrote:The owner could not access it. Only drop items in it. However there were glitches as to how to remove it if needed or wanted. But yes, originally 25 items, no weight limit.

Incorrect, The owner could fully access, but no other characters on the owners account could.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by LargePiece »

Just to make the decay thing totally clear, items DO decay in houses.

Or at least they did when I forgot to lock down piles of a few thousand of each coloured ingot a while back. Luckily my brain was half functioning at the time and I did remember to lock down my collection of verite and valorite ingots.
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Derrick

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by Derrick »

LargePiece wrote:Just to make the decay thing totally clear, items DO decay in houses.

Or at least they did when I forgot to lock down piles of a few thousand of each coloured ingot a while back. Luckily my brain was half functioning at the time and I did remember to lock down my collection of verite and valorite ingots.
This was changed on Aug 8:
Subject: Patch 52 - August 8, 2008
Derrick wrote:
  • Items in houses will no longer decay
  • House doorway restrictions of lockdowns, add-ons and guildstones
  • Containers may no longer be secured on house steps
All existing lockdowns, add-ons and secures are grandfathered.
I'm hoping that you mean that happened to you before this recent patch?

Return to “Guides”