Poll: Do you Dry-Loot?

Topics related to Second Age

When looting a player:

I dry loot. Empty corpse for you.
34%
I cherry-pick the valuables, and just take bags to examine later.
61%
Other (please explain)
5%

Total votes: 56

caveman

Re: Poll: Do you Dry-Loot?

Post by caveman »

I usually take reagents, potions and high end magic items. A lot of the time I don't even loot anything, especially if the person tried to take me down solo. Just depends on the situation and who it is.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

caveman wrote:I usually take reagents, potions and high end magic items. A lot of the time I don't even loot anything, especially if the person tried to take me down solo. Just depends on the situation and who it is.
Well damn. At that point, I'd be kinda insulted if they didn't take anything...

**As you run off**
"WHAT??? So, is my equipment not good enough for you? You think my corpse a waste of 'valuable' time, or something?? Come back here, you elitist snob and loooot meeee...!"
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

emac
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by emac »

i'll take regs, pots, weapons/armor(gm or better), clothes, food, some runes, etc. but i'll leave a rune and a few of each recall reg by the body.

Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Your old stuff no longer belongs to you when you die so who cares?

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Corwin wrote:Your old stuff no longer belongs to you when you die so who cares?
Explain this logic, please?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Becuase you have to loot it to earn it back.

Duke i really have a feeling your oppionion on many things is going to change if your here for the long haul. After another 6 months, when your non-razoring finishes 5 or 6 charecters, your wealthy, ect. your going to pvp. If you don't ill be very supprised, and all the things that make you ill now, youll want to do with vigor.
[broken image]

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

tekai wrote: Duke i really have a feeling your oppionion on many things is going to change if your here for the long haul. After another 6 months, when your non-razoring finishes 5 or 6 charecters, your wealthy, ect. your going to pvp. If you don't ill be very supprised, and all the things that make you ill now, youll want to do with vigor.
hahah. I doubt it. Care-Bear 4 Life!!! :lol:
I might get a character that could be better suited for PVP than a fisherman. But at best, I'd only see myself more likely to Defend myself against the odd-gank than actively pursue PVP.

Ironhide

Post by Ironhide »

Haha... This pull is either bullshit or I keep getting pked by the same people. I have only ever not been dry looted once.
ICQ = 16868447
Newbie Smith at your Service! Comming soon: GM Smithy goods at decent prices! Vendor's Restocked daily!

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Yes I feel that these poll results don't match my personal history.

There might be something that we're missing.

sirrayiv

Post by sirrayiv »

Well I personally dry-loot most of the time, and I will explain why.

I don't run around looking for trouble, or murdering players, but every once in awhile I will attack thieves, griefers, or afk macroers. The reason I dry loot them is simple...I despise all three play styles, and I want them to suffer as much as possible.

I was running towards the city of Minoc a few weeks ago, when a blue started chasing after me. I stopped thinking that he might have something to say, but instead the guy attacks me. I run off for a second, and then turn around and lay into the guy. I had him red-lined as he ran into the guarded Minoc zone, so I just had the guards finish him off for me. The dude was loaded down with loot...I sat there and took my time, and then rezz'd him after I had dry-looted him....since he wasn't running his mouth after I rez'd him, I went ahead and returned some of his loot.

As far as the murderers on this server go, I have only been slain 3 times since I started playing here, the first time was at the hedge maze, and instead of fleeing, I attacked back, because I thought it was a 1 on 1. Little did I know, there were 3 more reds approaching quickly. They spammed harm on me, preventing me from being able to cast anything, and then they rez killed me twice. Then they rez'd me a 3rd time, and left me alive, but didnt heal me, or gate me anywhere. Left me standing in the middle of the maze naked and bleeding with no way to heal myself, or leave....I checked my corpse, and noticed that they had left almost everything on my corpse, except took all of my mandrake root...after they left, I then passed out murder counts to them, and I actually made it out of the maze alive and rather quickly. I couldn't believe my luck.
The other two times that I was pk'd the murderers left some items on my corpse. Both times I had multiple clients open, and was tending to another character, and never even saw the slaying. I just happend to switch back only to find myself face down in the dirt.
I think the reds were ghosting in order to have found me, because both times I was in a rather secluded place inside a dungeon, but ohh well...thats my fault for being afk inside a dungeon, even if it was for only a minute.

alcon

Post by alcon »

I dry loot because I don't like any of you guys.... as a matter of fact i hate most of you so I enjoy taking all of your stuff (even bone armor) and throwing it in my trash can. Oh and I love killing mounts too... like if I just see a tamed horse by itself i'll kill it just in case someone is trying to run back to it.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

First time I was Pked, was by Mr. Fantastic I belive or maybe Fabulous cant remember. However, he rezzed me right after asked if I knew if anyone else was in the dungeon and left me recall regs and my rune. That's class.

To answer for my vote of "Other" I'll say it depends who it is. If someone straight up attacks me because they know I'm a thief even If I havent stolen from them, then they're getting dry looted. But if they retaliate after I steal, no.

For the most part I don't even try to cause damage to my marks. Just keep myself alive, casually stealing until either they get frustrated, or I HAVE to recall out.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

The only time I dry loot is if I just don't like you. Otherwise I take everything I plan on using in the future (bandages/regs/pots/runes/pouches/weapons/armor.) I usually leave clothes and other useless junk you may have.

I mean seriously though, if the only thing you have on you is gold and regs, common sense you're gonna end up dry looted because what else is there to leave behind?
Last edited by Derrick on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I'm talking more about the trash items that help and aren't worth very much to other players.

-Fishing poles
-Heating stands
-Pickaxe/shovel
-scissors
-non-newbied books

sirrayiv

Post by sirrayiv »

The pk's on this server are definetly alot nicer than what I have witnessed on Hybrid.

Although there seems to be a correlation between the number of reds present and the overall curteosy level.

Seems like the curteosy level declines as the group increases in size.