May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pro

Re: May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

Post by Pro »

I think... I do already?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pro wrote:I think... I do already?
Well yes you do pro, but you are a god among men.

It was more of a statement about those that log in for tourneys, or "come to test to duel".

Pro

Post by Pro »

But those people won't play this sort of tourney anyway so it's irrelevant.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if people dont want to play this type of tournament they dont have to.
people have no real reasons yet to say we shouldnt add more automated event types and the thread is 10 pages long.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I know I'm coming into this kind of late, but this thread has moved kind of fast.

This type of tourney would require quite a rewrite or expansion of the tourney system, and while I'm not opposed to it i don't see myself able to do this any time soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Apparently chaging that "Boulian" number from a 0 to a 1 isnt to easy after all.

Should keep to using those for making chicken soup matron.

If you ever do re-write the system derrick Involve tamers some how pls =)
[broken image]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

tekai wrote:Apparently chaging that "Boulian" number from a 0 to a 1 isnt to easy after all.

Should keep to using those for making chicken soup matron.

If you ever do re-write the system derrick Involve tamers some how pls =)
Perhaps you should re-read before you comment next time.

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

Faust wrote:I think this may actually be kind of interesting only if you made the arena much bigger for several reasons. The two sides shouldn't be able to see each other so you don't know what to expect. This would allow stealth characters to participate too. Also, the bigger arena would allow tamers to be a little less overpowered. There should be key areas in the map where the pet should be able to get stuck and require the tamer to call him out, etc...

Something like this is fine with me just so long as you don't screw with the traditional tournies.
Best post in this thread. Just make an all new larger arena with a no rules ruleset. And if you have taming skill allow to pick a 'creature' at the beginning of the round. Hell you could even incorporate something for bards like have a lich spawn in there that they could provoke onto other person lol. It'd be interesting thats for sure!

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Luca|Blight wrote:
Faust wrote:I think this may actually be kind of interesting only if you made the arena much bigger for several reasons. The two sides shouldn't be able to see each other so you don't know what to expect. This would allow stealth characters to participate too. Also, the bigger arena would allow tamers to be a little less overpowered. There should be key areas in the map where the pet should be able to get stuck and require the tamer to call him out, etc...

Something like this is fine with me just so long as you don't screw with the traditional tournies.
Best post in this thread. Just make an all new larger arena with a no rules ruleset. And if you have taming skill allow to pick a 'creature' at the beginning of the round. Hell you could even incorporate something for bards like have a lich spawn in there that they could provoke onto other person lol. It'd be interesting thats for sure!
This is in, it's called Britannia

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i have a much better idea...............wait for it.............

remove all these lame tournaments and let players host their own tournaments that i can grief the hell out of like people used to do on OSI. this scripted tourny stuff only hurts field pvp. field pvp, for all you "l33t 1v1omgtankmageistheonlypvpstyle" idiots out there, is the kind of pvp where u JUST PLAY THE GAME. you dont have to debate over stupid rules that are not even a part of UO. you just play the game. the good old fashioned way it was meant to be. If that means killing somone with a vanq weapon, to bad for them. shoulda been better geared. if that means setting up ambushes to gank someone 5v1, then so be it. should have made some more friends to play with. and yes, that sometimes means running into the occasional dragon army, or the occasional stealth theif thats running around brit GY for no damn reason other then to grief pvp battles. guess what? that all part of the game too.

i know i know i know. its not fair. there is no skill in field fighting. only "l33t 1v1omgtankmageistheonlypvpstyle" scripted non era accurate tournaments involve any real UO skill :roll: . get over your fear of statloss, quit whining about rules, and go kill some people. thats era accurate t2a at its finest right there.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Freedom to do whatever you want is era accurate too. You are free to avoid all the trammies if you want.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

GuardianKnight wrote:Freedom to do whatever you want is era accurate too. You are free to avoid all the trammies if you want.

this is true, but "trammy" shouldnt even be a word associated with t2a in any way. some of these trammies you speak of will log in to play in a free use tournament, and then never play that char in the field. if this is t2a, i should have the freedom to kill these people any way i like, anywhere i want (outside of guard zone obviously), and with any character template i chose to do so with. i just think its weird how most of these self proclaimed l33t pvpers are never found in the field ever, simply because they are hiding behind a scripted "sub game" of the real UO, instead of actually playing UO.

i play mortal kombat sometimes when im bored with friends. i never once thought to my self "gosh maybe derrick should build mortal kombat into the events system, so i can own u all with subzero and then claim im a god at UO pvp".

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Well, have you been to a dungeon lately? You can't walk in an entrance without being swarmed by competing pk guilds trying to wrack up pk points. I'm not the only one becoming disinterested in our current system of pvp.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

GuardianKnight wrote:Well, have you been to a dungeon lately? You can't walk in an entrance without being swarmed by competing pk guilds trying to wrack up pk points. I'm not the only one becoming disinterested in our current system of pvp.

i honestly dont see this that often. granted i usually play pretty late hours, but the small group i usually run with (typically no more then 3) has a real hard time finding any competitive field pvp. usually we cant find any battles unless we sit at brit GY and talk shit in IRC for 30 mins to get everyone all fired up. everytime we roll through a dungeon, its usually just farmers that recall right away. not that i blame them, i do the same thing when farming, but i miss those old 5v5 red vs blue and orange vs orange battles down in deceit that were so common during t2a. most of the top pvp guilds on chesapeake would fight for control over deceit all day long. it was like the ultimate proving grounds for UO. now its just a spot to farm the lich lord while everyone is at an event :(

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

think about the actual numbers for a tic

when you played on osi you would find lots of people to pvp. You can probably even remember a handful of pvpers. But a handful is probably about it 20-25 memorable opponents that would be considered true pvpers?
Thats with thousands of players on at a time for years. Pvp will grow with the population, trying to force non-pvpers away from tournaments and into field fighting roles wont happen. They will just not pvp at all as its not why they play the game. This is a t2a server, not a pvp server as said many times. Most players since the beginning of the game up until im sure currently are not pvpers or pvp interested. The UO world is simply too big and free to think pvp is the determining factor in its success, although it is a part of it.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]