What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by Hicha »

GuardianKnight wrote:How do we know that the UOR patch wasn't to fix a bug they accidentally let through from another patch?

Is it not possible that GC and cure pots worked as intended before they messed something up and then fixed it ?
What you are referencing to is what Faust would call a "ninja patch" which is along the lines of believing in fairies and unicorns.

UOSA is changed by what patch notes and old chat logs say, nothing more. Unless you can find proof somewhere that this change was a mistake, it's pretty much going to stay implemented.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

I remember this also.

DP in T2a was almost incurable. I had no chance as a GM mage to cure it once DPed by pkers. This inspired me to then make an alchemist and poisoner.

Once the 5 levels of poison were introduced, different levels of cure were required to counteract them as explained in these patch notes

"There are now five levels of poison. The difference between them is the rate at which your health goes down. These levels of poison will have different levels of difficulty when you try to cure them. You will be able to make differing levels of poison with alchemy"

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

Faust

Post by Faust »

Poison levels was introduced in the Pre:T2A era.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

Faust wrote:Poison levels was introduced in the Pre:T2A era.
I know.

I doubt somewhere between pre T2A and UOR, OSI intentionally removed the levels of cure requirement.

This should be enough proof that during T2A this change was indeed in effect and thus Poison should require the various levels of cure to cure.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The UOR publish patch note isn't a literal interpretation and was mainly stating how the cure rate was too easy for the poison levels that were rather insignificant in relation to them.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

During the time I played Pre T2A and T2A, Curing DP was near impossible. Perhaps these were initial UOR patch errors. Another thing to note, those UOR patch notes also suggest Fishing and lockpicking are now difficulty based.

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

Nobody here cares what any of you remember. Your opinion means jack. Unless you dedicate hours of your life to find an obscure newsgroup post from some noob not knowing wtf they were talking about 10 years ago, jack shit will change. It's sad, depressing, but true.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is much more than just a news group article related to this issue Luca.

- Numerous articles from different sources ranging from official Stratics, UOHOC logs, UO's web site, and unofficial sources like the google news groups. There are many of these sources that are from the time period all the way up to 2003 when a major change happened that states the "old" values for the cure spell ended up being EXACTLY the same percentage as they were inside of the demo formula for the rates. The potions would obviously be a different story since they were fixed in '00 when the UOR publish hit.

- The demo code is the most compelling evidence that corresponds with the articles where curing poison was a piece of cake.

The biggest argument was the cure spell and not cure potions since there was a discrepency with a Stratics article with the ratios compared to the rest of the evidence. However, the overwhelming majority obviously trumped this one source for obvious reasons. Cure potions really isn't subject to dispute since there isn't even one piece of evidence that suggests that those did not function as they do on UOSA right now. The code that is being used is straight out from the demo and matches the overwhelming evidence that states how easy it was to cure poison.

I personally think the UOR version of poison is better since it's logical and makes a lot more since. However, my opinions means absolutely nothing in a project like this. The only thing that matters is how it worked in the t2a era time frame that is being replicated. The evidence that has been researched clearly suggests the way it's working right now is very well correct.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

So by this logic, if swords were bugged and never did damage during the t2a era, we would all just have to buckle down and use fencing weapons because the fix was later?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

GuardianKnight wrote:So by this logic, if swords were bugged and never did damage during the t2a era, we would all just have to buckle down and use fencing weapons because the fix was later?
YES!

alcon

Post by alcon »

faust is hardcorz

Faust

Post by Faust »

GuardianKnight wrote:So by this logic, if swords were bugged and never did damage during the t2a era, we would all just have to buckle down and use fencing weapons because the fix was later?
The goal here is to replicate the t2a era and not a mixed version of the t2a/uor era.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I dare you to put up a poll where it says "do you remember during t2a store bought cures curing dp 1st try 99% of the time?"
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

son wrote:I dare you to put up a poll where it says "do you remember during t2a store bought cures curing dp 1st try 99% of the time?"
what would that prove?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

makes gcure potions completely useless which is stupid.