Please lower the price of clothing bless deed!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Please lower the price of clothing bless deed!

Post by Caswallon »

Mikel123 wrote:
Psilo wrote:I feel that 300 points is almost punishing those players who want to bless something that's not even expensive such as a certain shade of blue sandals, a surcoat of their favorite regular dye tub color, silver sandals, a regular hued deer mask and what have you.
It's this sense of entitlement that makes me want to request that the whole system get scrapped. It's a REWARD. How are you being punished by it, in any sense of the word? At 100 silver, are players even poorer than you also being "punished"?

I'm also curious about blessing common game items, like sandals or a deer mask. Why do people do this? Wouldn't it be much, much cheaper to simply buy a few hundred of them and just put them in a box somewhere? That way you'll never be without one, and it would be 10 times cheaper to do that as opposed to paying for a bless deed.
Because those masks and sandals are dyed colours not normally attainable via normal in game means, thus are highly valued, far more so than say, a standard tribal mask, and as such require blessing in case of death? Really not that hard to understand.
?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Caswallon, I think he is saying that if the deeds were more accessable (as they should be) people would bless regular (non neon bs) masks and such, which he finds usless because you can always replace those.

This really is not a strong argument in my opinion. It does not matter "what" people are blessing with the deeds. It's a matter of how accessable the deeds are to people.

I primarily play a thief, and while I would like to say that I rarely die, it simply isn't so. Since I chose to wear items that are not available as a newbiefied variant, a clothing bless deed makes sense. The thing about "but my leet yellow bear mask will be worthless" is pointless. All one would have to do is add the cost (in silver) from the bless deed to the cost of these ridiculous hued masks in the reward system. People with hued items that look like they allowed a special-ed child to finger paint in will not feel so screwed in this scenario.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Clothing bless deeds were common in era due to the ""new player ticket system"

Which is technically era accurate, but is stupid and could be abused in so many ways.

Reguardless though, it is very accurate for a clothing bless deed to be around the price of a small house deed.

It should be available on a Gypsie merchant for around 200-300k

Thats my oppionion anyway.
[broken image]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was trying to make two points.

One, I think it's ridiculous to claim that a reward OPTION is some kind of curse or penalty.

And two, I think it's weird that people would bless plain ol' deer masks, or the like. I realize most people with blessed items have used the deeds on their distinctly-hued items, but there's still some people that seem to have blessed normal items, which just seems like an odd choice to me.

It wasn't an argument in favor of making them more available. Though my personal opinion is that I'd love to see them harder to get. The less I see every other person running around in their "rare" true black blessed sandals, the better. In my opinion.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Well, obviously not many people want to bless plain deer masks since it costs an arm and leg to get a clothing bless deed.

I think clothing bless deeds should also be available from NPCs too. It would be a great gold sink at like 100k or so.

People would buy many, then sell neon hair dye as a gold sink too.

Who cares about era accuracy as far as that, the neon hair and clothing bless deeds were in the game in 1998. Let's sell them on vendors.

I'd rather farm gold and buy it from an NPC than buy overpriced trophys that are obtained only by entering trammel events such as tournaments or CTF.

I think UOSA would be better off with less people farming silver and more people farming gold(interaction in dungeons, ect.).

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Lol your suggestions would turn this place into Hybrid. There we're no vendors that sold CBD's or Hair Dyes..

There was an inaccurate vendor, the "variety dealer" that sold hair dye @ 1.02 mil per layer, but it was removed if I am not mistaken.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Psilo wrote:I think UOSA would be better off with less people farming silver and more people farming gold(interaction in dungeons, ect.).
Amen!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I would personally like to see more era accurate things (clothing blesses ect) and less neon crap. I am all for a retroactive fix to re-color neon items "special" hues. I don't remember these things, and every time I see them attached to some "leet pvper" it reminds me how different this game has become.

The point about getting people out into the dungeons is completely true.

Endecent

Post by Endecent »

I just read through this but someone stated CBD's were only obtainable through CUB during t2a, I think they were a christmas gift during the era (or just outside of it I can't be certain) but none the less a CBD for 50k was fairly accurate from what I remember..

I don't care either way, I think 300 silver is fair enough, b/c everyone DIDNT have blessed shit during era anyways, just as neon hair was rare so was blessed clothing! We should actually strive to keep it that way!

I had no neon in era, but I did have a blessed orc mask lol

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Endecent wrote:I just read through this but someone stated CBD's were only obtainable through CUB during t2a, I think they were a christmas gift during the era (or just outside of it I can't be certain) but none the less a CBD for 50k was fairly accurate from what I remember..

I don't care either way, I think 300 silver is fair enough, b/c everyone DIDNT have blessed shit during era anyways, just as neon hair was rare so was blessed clothing! We should actually strive to keep it that way!

I had no neon in era, but I did have a blessed orc mask lol
What? After cub everyone you saw, anywhere you went had neon hair. I recall neon hair topping out around 1mil shortly before they put in that Neon-hair vendor in moonglow, and thats still from the stockpile left from t2a.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Not true at all. I joined the Atlantic Server very briefly after the UO:R patch went live. I remember phoenix pieces, especially the leggings going for 3 mil, easily. I remember neon hair being a true status of the rich and famous, a single layer (hair/beard) at least 1.1 million gold.

Even if they we're that popular on <said> server during 1999, we're not looking to replicate the economy that OSI had, with 1000's of players online each server.

Also, you can no longer even get the neon hued items that you guys are whining about "everyone" having in this thread. All custom-hue picks come from a special dye tub now, so void the argument about everyone running around with neon items, which simply isn't true.

The only person I've ever even seen with enough neon to resemble Hybrid, is Bag of Tricks, and I have no idea why the staff would allow him to have a Polar Bear mask with the 1150 hue.. That's pretty retarded, but w/e..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Clothing bless deeds were still pretty cheap cause they circulated a lot because they could be gotten from:

1. Newbie tickets 1999(I believe..)
2. Clean-up Brittania 1999
3. Christmas 1999

I remember buying one for 45k. I had like 4 pairs of black sandals and blessed 2. Kept one and sold the other!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Blessed magic wizard's hat plz...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

System is fine how it is.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

DrFaustus wrote:System is fine how it is.