Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should "All Follow Me" Refresh Mount Stamina Fully

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Well, don't take what I said as "If you keep this then you have to add dupe bug!!". It was not an "IM SO FRUSTRATED" post, I simply meant that you should not automatically rule out discluding things just because they are "accurate". (That is NOT to say that the inverse of that is true, I do not think we should include things that are not accurate)

Faust

Post by Faust »

Don't play on a t2a shard if you don't want to see some of the same t2a features that happened, simple.

The "all follow me" bug was a part of the game and it happened a lot.

Get use to it.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
son wrote: All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
Like I pointed out above, so were item bless deeds and duping, and I think we are all in agreement that we don't want that here. If there is no margin for deciding then why not code in the old black-hole dupe bug?
You should join Psilo at fail logic school, cap.

PS Item bless deeds during T2A were retarded rare, and if you really think about it, not that uselful. Maybe for a runebook or something (weapons decay).
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Im all for nostalgia and era accuracy

I just feel theres a thin line between Value and Accuracy

I personally think this lowers the shards quality and desirability. I think most of the PvP community can understand this, which doesn't consist of Faust or newbie killing Pks
Last edited by Izual on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The old all follow me feature absolutely does not render pvp useless.

There is one second window of opportunity to take out the mount where your opponent will be mountless for the rest of the fight.

This will end up becoming a tactical decision that can make or break a fight just like it was back in the day.

Quitting over something like this only means you were not looking for a t2a shard in the first place.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Faust wrote:The old all follow me feature absolutely does not render pvp useless.
Izual wrote:Not sure if this will render PvP lame enough yet
Faust wrote:There is one second window of opportunity to take out the mount where your opponent will be mountless for the rest of the fight.

I tested this macro, there is next to no animation when I hit the hop off 'all follow me' hop on macro. Nobody will attack my horse, ever
Faust wrote:This will end up becoming a tactical decision that can make or break a fight just like it was back in the day.
Razor didn't exist back in the day. There will be no tactical decisions or any skillfull maneuvering involved in pushing my 'hop off follow me button'. If this were the case, i'd have no problem with it
Last edited by Izual on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I tested this macro, there is next to no animation when I hit the hop off 'all follow me' hop on macro. Nobody will attack my horse, ever
I think to compensate we need to add a delay whether or not it existed or if we can find proof.

Izual is right, you won't be attacking his or my horse. Trust me.

We need to compensate for razor.

This shard strives for era accuracy but we DO have to pick and choose some things.

For those that keep saying "era accuracy". Let me keep posting this for you:

1. Events, silver and the trophy system isn't accurate to 1999 on purpose.
2. The current housing system in many ways is not accurate to 1999 on purpose.
3. The message of the day is not accurate to 1999, as it never existed.
4. A few other "bugs" that were era accurate were not included because they are abused like this one.

You lack logic, we aren't 100% era accuracy. IF you think we are then you need to use your brain and read above here again. Read it twice, 3 times if you must.

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

It is SO frustrating how you guys are so cautious to "Era Accuracy" on these hugely important pvp mechanic issues that everyone that actually played a lot back then remembers.

You have all these modern 3rd party programs that completely cancel out some of the intricacies that the ruleset presented back then, but at the same time work as hard as you can to produce the EXACT SAME GAME when these programs simply did NOT exist back then with anywhere near the capability that they have. So working for 'era accuracy' while at the same time everyone uses RAZOR is just like dancing around in circles while repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.

Being 100% accurate isnt going to happen anyway, but trying to be 100% accurate when everyone is using RAZOR and not UO ASSIST is just downright retarded.

Horses running out of stamina was not some Non Problem in pvp that you just hit one key and solved instantly. THIS IS NOT ACCURATE and ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO REMEMBER THIS TO BE THE WAY IT WAS IS A LIAR OR A RETARD.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The current action delay is inaccurate and sitting on the assembly line to be fixed. Being able to dismount, say all follow me, and remount will be slower when it's fixed.

Iced Earth, the shard isn't about replicating the same game that is utterly impossible unless you have a time machine. The shard strives to replicate the same game mechanics that were present at that time on the game. Razor is another issue entirely and something that won't be fixed until those lame idiots over at RunUO adds substantial regulations that can be controlled or release the source code for the program. However, until the day Derrick's pet project over at JoinUO.com is finished to make a new utility similar to Razor this won't be happening anytime soon.

hectorc2w
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by hectorc2w »

did none of you ever use UOA back then? I sure did and had a goddamn all follow me macro

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Psilo wrote:For those that keep saying "era accuracy". Let me keep posting this for you:
1. Events, silver and the trophy system isn't accurate to 1999 on purpose.
2. The current housing system in many ways is not accurate to 1999 on purpose.
3. The message of the day is not accurate to 1999, as it never existed.
4. A few other "bugs" that were era accurate were not included because they are abused like this one.
Last edited by Izual on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Why are you crying about razor allowing you to run forever?

This was the case before the stamina patch anyway?

No matter what you say, There is a chance that you can hit their mount. Try spamming attack nearest grey when they are going to unmount.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

Runebooks are accurate to the current target date of November 23rd, 1999.

UOE allowed me to run faster than what is possible on this server at this very moment. Some of you may have fought on foot but not everyone did(especially not on Baja in '99) and this doesn't mean you should tweak the game mechanics that existed in favor of your perferred style. The 'all follow me' exploit existed before this latest patch and the new patch only reduced the effectiveness of mounts a lot compared to the way they worked before.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I think with investigation it will be found that mounting/dismounting is probably using an action, which will force people to spend 1s off their mount. That will be ample time to attack the mount.

Something I noticed though, if you begin "walking" on your horse when you get the "your mount is very fatigued" message, your horse will still fatigue a few steps later. This isn't correct - walking should not reduce your horse's stamina to the best of my memory.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Psilo wrote:I think to compensate we need to add a delay whether or not it existed or if we can find proof.
I think with investigation it will be found that mounting/dismounting is probably using an action, which will force people to spend 1s off their mount. That will be ample time to attack the mount.[/quote]There are too many different threads on this subject. Proof of the action delay has already been offered.
nightshark wrote:Something I noticed though, if you begin "walking" on your horse when you get the "your mount is very fatigued" message, your horse will still fatigue a few steps later. This isn't correct - walking should not reduce your horse's stamina to the best of my memory.
This is no different than a player walking with extremely low stamina. The stamina rate when moving (walking or running) is based on current stamina, hit points and weight.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."