Houses per account

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
lettuce

Re: Houses per account

Post by lettuce »

i always though if u got there key u got there house maybe this was before t2a im not sure

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

lettuce wrote:i always though if u got there key u got there house maybe this was before t2a im not sure
There was a time when losing your keys meant essentially losing your house. I remember forgetting to leave the key to an L-Shape at home when going out adventuring and having to live in a neighbouring small until we were able to finally kill the guy and get the keys back. It was pretty horrible to live in a small next door to a big house I couldn't really use.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Sum_Mors wrote:I believe the issue is that not everyone is as forward thinking as you. One stunningly rich person can own quite a bit more space than one person has any reason of owning, whether they use the room or not. As evidenced by a few threads, most of the time they prefer the latter, and rubbing it in others faces.
This is not necesarily true. I own several houses, one being a GH, one being a vendor house, a craft hall, my personal house, and plenty of houses I co-own new players and guildies to. Each house has it's purpose within the guild, and to prevent them from falling because a member went inactive, I own them all. A change in house ownership would make keeping guild towns hard, and could become a perverse incentive for people to break the 3 account rule.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

ranger

Post by ranger »

Guild towns are cool and all. But really everyone shouldn't/can't have one...
I couldn't find a spot for just one house. Looked for a half a day. I finally found a IDOC house. Been watching it hidden for 14 hours and 30mins now. With no let up. There's this other guy who keeps bringing his alt (I saw his wiz mark and gate, I think he's trying to get more houses for himself), but I keep killing/chasing him away with monsters. +_+

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Why not just buy a placed house? Plenty of people sell them. That's what I did because I grew tired of trying to place an L-shape. But that was my choice because I wanted instant gratification.

If I had held onto the deed and attempted to place it myself, I easily could have due to other houses collapsing.

You can choose to end the frustration of living in a small house if you want to.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

ranger

Post by ranger »

I guess if I don't get this one I'll look around on the forums? (Didn't even look at forums till like yesterday or something, sorry. :x) The only ones I saw for sale while traveling were small ones. Too cramped for me, I outgrew the small one I had. I don't want anything as big as a keep or castle either. An "L" one should be fine for me about indefinitely. xP
Also, I highly doubt limiting housing would cause dramatically increased multi-accounts on the server. People already seem to do that as is. Only if the change was drastic, like limiting housing to 1 would that increase that you would think.
Anyway, my two cents... :x

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

ranger wrote:I guess if I don't get this one I'll look around on the forums? (Didn't even look at forums till like yesterday or something, sorry. :x) The only ones I saw for sale while traveling were small ones. Too cramped for me, I outgrew the small one I had. I don't want anything as big as a keep or castle either. An "L" one should be fine for me about indefinitely. xP
Also, I highly doubt limiting housing would cause dramatically increased multi-accounts on the server. People already seem to do that as is. Only if the change was drastic, like limiting housing to 1 would that increase that you would think.
Anyway, my two cents... :x
Check the trade forums and the #secondagetrade IRC channel. You will be able to purchase a larger home without any problems if you use a reliable seller.
UOSA Last.fm group!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

ranger wrote:Guild towns are cool and all. But really everyone shouldn't/can't have one...
I couldn't find a spot for just one house. Looked for a half a day.
Let me just make the precission, we were living in a small for MONTHS waiting for the surrounding houses to fall. First an L-shape fell, then we bought out 2 smalls at a ridiculous price, and then another 2 smalls fell. It was not a question of instant gratification. We had to stay up very late, and wake up very early to get these houses over several months.

In short, don't expect to show up one day and want to place a tower in the place that you want after 3 hours of running around. Spots for smalls are all over the map, you can place one in less than 30 minutes. There are also spots for larger houses, just be prepared to invest a little more time than a couple of hours to find them.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

BobDobbs wrote:
lettuce wrote:i always though if u got there key u got there house maybe this was before t2a im not sure
There was a time when losing your keys meant essentially losing your house. I remember forgetting to leave the key to an L-Shape at home when going out adventuring and having to live in a neighbouring small until we were able to finally kill the guy and get the keys back. It was pretty horrible to live in a small next door to a big house I couldn't really use.
yeah Rebirth (pre t2a shard) also had this ruleset. it was horrible, i let a new player into my house once to help him macro/build his char, he logged the char off inside my home and the house was essentially worthless after that. i also "lost" an L-shape by someone obtaining the key. i also believe you couldnt re-deed so it was a net loss of cost of home + any items inside
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

Pirul wrote:
ranger wrote:In short, don't expect to show up one day and want to place a tower in the place that you want after 3 hours of running around. Spots for smalls are all over the map, you can place one in less than 30 minutes. There are also spots for larger houses, just be prepared to invest a little more time than a couple of hours to find them.
No truer words ever spoke!!.. Oh BLOODY hell do I remember camping a Keep idoc on an osi server for over 17 hours and...

:: pauses ::

I just typed that out loud didn't I.

:: facepalm ::
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Mens Rea has a point, and yes the 1 house per character rule is definitely a ridiculous rule, but it is what it is..... if derrick wants everybody to have 15 houses, so be it...

I promise im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

<3's
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Just one question, 3 accounts per ip was era accurate?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Kabup wrote:Just one question, 3 accounts per ip was era accurate?
Unlimited accounts per IP was accurate if you wanted to pay for them.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Thanks, I wasn't finding this info anywhere. So, people with more cash was ending to have some advantage over others, after all.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Kabup wrote:Thanks, I wasn't finding this info anywhere. So, people with more cash was ending to have some advantage over others, after all.
Yeap.. At my height of Uo addiction i had 5 accounts... Only had to pay for 4 of them because the 5th was free from OSI since i was a Counselor
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446