Gold Sink: Guild Reward Token Items

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Gold Sink: Guild Reward Token Items

Post by Mikel123 »

Blackfoot, we agree to disagree. We've been over this before. I tried to lay out my rationale clearly, for the benefit of others.

You are wealthy, in my opinion. Your items are currency; you just value them higher than other people. But for all items, there is a pretty well-accepted value that you could quickly and easily exchange them for.

Adding extra rares and uniques does NOT remove value from the system - it adds to it! Think about it. Say there are two neon deer masks in existence, worth 2,000,000 each (street value). Derrick creates a third one and drops it near Brit Bank. Now there's three. While the value of the original two would go down, the value of all three of them is going to be over 2,000,000.

Adding items reduces the value of existing similar items, but it always has a positive non-zero impact on the total shard wealth.

Otherwise, you could just solve the inflation problem by simply dropping a ton of gold into the world :-)

EDIT: sorry, I was unclear. I'm not discussing this any more.
Last edited by Mikel123 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gold Sink: Guild Reward Token Items

Post by BlackFoot »

dropping a ton of gold in the world wouldnt solve inflation, it would create hyper inflation. The prices of npc goods would not change, regs would be essentially free.

the value of a unique would go from a million to a hundred million.

i didnt say add a single incredibly valuable new item into the economy, i said add unlimited new ones constantly. large difference.

If anyone could go to an npc in lord brits castle and say ' i need headgear' and you got a new random coloured blessed mask in your backpack every time you said it, the value of blessed coloured masks goes to zero, but no gold is taken out of the economy. Millions of gold in value is removed, but no gold.

These items could be tradeable and still be a gold sink.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]