Fixed: healing gains

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: healing gains

Post by RoadKill »

Ronk wrote:Right. Curing and ressing is more difficult than healing. But you can GM from healing alone. It just requires healing more damage.

This is why old macro guides suggested finding a hill that injured yourself and walk up and drop off until you were at 1 health...then heal yourself.
Covetous entrance works great for this too
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

RawToxic wrote:The way I understand this is that you can still gain skill from attempting regular heals. However, you will not gain as fast as curing or resing at higher levels. I was playing my poisoner last night fighting orcs and was gaining healing in the 70's without having to cure. It's just really slow.
my thing is i've gone through 4+k bandages and not gained at all. I don't mind slow gains after a certain points. I just wanna make sure it isn't "No Gains - Unless". Which currently it seems to be.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

At what skill level?
More details plz ;)

Xukluk Tuguznal

Derrick wrote:At what skill level?
More details plz ;)
I'm currently at 96.3
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Macro ressing on a ghost and you'll be gm in no time. I don't see you gaining very much with that high of healing skill from only healing.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:Macro ressing on a ghost and you'll be gm in no time. I don't see you gaining very much with that high of healing skill from only healing.
Wasn't really going for 'much' just something. It's pointless to macro healing at that lvl. You'll just burn through an obscene amount of aids. (Mind ya this is my opinion). I figure eventually it'll gm.

alatar

Post by alatar »

When training an alt char with my dummy-char, who has 95.3 healing, I went all day performing cross-heals back & forth and didn't gain a single point of healing the entire time.

However I did find a nice method to afk-macro healing from 62-82.. :wink:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Slade

Post by Slade »

alatar wrote: However I did find a nice method to afk-macro healing from 62-82.. :wink:
1: Find character without archery
2: Equip bow
3: Beat character with healer
4: Use bandaids on defenseless archer.
5: ??????
6: PROFIT

Virindi1

Post by Virindi1 »

I'm trying to find a confident answer here.

Almost all my characters get stuck around 77 healing after spending most of the time healing a spar partner or mage gainer.

How do I get past this? Do I have to heal a poisoned target? At what level can I rez a ghost? Does the ghost need to actually click "Yes, I wish to rez" or can I just afk macro that? Any other ways?

Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You will be able to gain from resing at 80. You may find it most efficient to gain from curing for the next few points. Although it's possible to GM from just healing damage, it's not very easy. One you are resing, the ghost does not have to actually resurrect for you to gain skill, only for you to be successful.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Yep, cure poison till at 80 (The strengh of poison doesn't seem to matter) and log on a ghost. You'll GM from there.

Red

Post by Red »

It seems like healing gains from 95+ off ressing a ghost is a tad too slow. I'd compare it to trying to GM resist. Is this intentional?

Gnarr

Post by Gnarr »

i went from 77.4 not real (74 real) healing last night just healing a sparing partner that had nothing but a sword (gm swords) as defence for himself...by the time the shard restarted 4 hours later and 2k aids he was at 81.sumthing. i macroed ress as soon as the shard started back up and here i am 10 hours later with 88.2 (86.6 real) i haven't had any real difficulties raising heal so far, other than to lazy to get more bandaids and set up macro...that has been the only thing keeping me from any significant gains.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gnarr wrote:i went from 77.4 not real (74 real) healing last night just healing a sparing partner that had nothing but a sword (gm swords) as defence for himself...by the time the shard restarted 4 hours later and 2k aids he was at 81.sumthing. i macroed ress as soon as the shard started back up and here i am 10 hours later with 88.2 (86.6 real) i haven't had any real difficulties raising heal so far, other than to lazy to get more bandaids and set up macro...that has been the only thing keeping me from any significant gains.
Thanks much for posting this. This is the first hard data I've seen on healing gains.

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

It took me less than 5000 band aids to get GM healing from 90, macro resing a ghost over night.

Got to 90 by healing 3 chars to get GM resist =O