iamreallysquall

Re: Griefing for no gain

Post by iamreallysquall »

Kabal wrote:
Bicchus Dicchus wrote:
lordlp wrote:Why grief without gain?
Cause it's funny
Cuz it teaches noobs how to play UO
yeah thats the funny thing about most of it. You can learn from it what things not to do, what mistakes not to make and come out the situation a smarter player. in alot of situations the person who got griefed gains more knowledge from the situation at the cost of the griefers time / effort. Granted reactions are always interesting :P
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Kabal wrote:
Bicchus Dicchus wrote:
lordlp wrote:Why grief without gain?
Cause it's funny
yeah thats the funny thing about most of it. You can learn from it what things not to do, what mistakes not to make and come out the situation a smarter player. in alot of situations the person who got griefed gains more knowledge from the situation at the cost of the griefers time / effort. Granted reactions are always interesting :P
One would think that eventually a poor old, worthless, pathetic, good for nothing, lackluster noob will get tired of being griefed and will figure out a way to prevent this or retaliate.

ALL NOOBS MUST DIE
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Kabal wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:
Kabal wrote:
Bicchus Dicchus wrote:lordlp wrote:
Why grief without gain?

Cause it's funny
One would think that eventually a poor old, worthless, pathetic, good for nothing, lackluster noob will get tired of being griefed and will figure out a way to prevent this or retaliate.

ALL NOOBS MUST DIE
With a game as old as Ultima Online, the only noobs here, are noobs for life.

Koden

Post by Koden »

Bicchus Dicchus wrote:
With a game as old as Ultima Online, the only noobs here, are noobs for life.

I got a Guy from work to start uosa about a month ago & he never played uo before in his life (Drags out Tapunks and points at him) So ha theres a noob thats just plain new.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Being that UO provides a society that is very centered around hoarding pixels, you could question why would someone take a break from that objective to grief someone else. I think it all comes down to simple economics: doing something gives you satisfaction until you have done it to the point of being exhausted and the satisfaction no longer is there, so you need to take a break from it and do something else for a while.

Hell, it could be vice versa and a player would have set himself solely the goal of griefing others. However, as it gets boring that player might do something else than grief others for a while, until the satisfaction from griefing comes back. So the gain of griefing might not necessarily be material, but something much more important: fun. This is why we have multiple characters: we use a few to PVP, but once we have PVP'd for a while we go do something else. For some players griefing is just fun and the satisfaction that fun gives is more than the satisfaction given by working towards having more pixels or similar goals the society assumes everyone has.

In addition to this, I still feel that this society is oriented towards what I've said in my previous post. That the mindset is "if I can't have it, neither can you", so for me it comes to these two aspects combined.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

like someone else said.. you posting about it is all the satisfaction they need. Griefing is the best part of UO.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

So the gridded can make a forum post about it.

5HITCOMBO

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

Without the fun and games that comes with this shard, it would be Trammel. If I wanted Trammel I would play something with better graphics like WoW. I dont prefer the graphics of UO obviously but the gameplay is so much better the graphics are irrelevant.
Malaikat wrote: I try way too hard to sound intelligent on a small internet forum about a wizard game amongst a small handful of random anonymous nerds. I have a vested interest in this matter indubitably.