2 Level 5 T-maps for sale

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

WiseOne

Re: 2 Level 5 T-maps for sale

Post by WiseOne »

Thank you for the well written response. While this is a forum for a free online game with very relaxed rules, it is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game with a diverse and opinionated community. Some will see it one way and some the other. I personally have never encountered a situation where OBO was used for best price and not best price under stated price. Yahoo answer is not a credible source because this. In the future, you may want to consider using the auction format if you think that the item you are selling might be worth more than the asking price, or not, it is only a forum for a game after all. If I was dragkhar or Pirul I would likely not do business with you, but then again I am not them so they and others will decide for themselves. Even if it did reflect poorly on you in terms of forum karma and reputation, seeing as how you are obviously an intelligent person, I am sure it would not take you long to make a new account and start over :D Regardless, I wish you luck in future affairs and hope that you and everyone who read this thread will be more clear with forum sales and using terms like OBO, I know I will be and for that I thank you.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I would like to put this matter to rest.

First of all, I always approach a sale as if it were an auction, as nobody dislikes getting more money. Second, I talked to jayrays a couple of days ago when I got word he still hadn't closed the deal, and he was very open and honest about the maps and the sale. I do not hold anything against jayrays, and I would say it is actually the contrary, as he was very clear and transparent with me. I would still conduct business with him any day of the week.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

zbent

Post by zbent »

Well, seeing how my post got this started I should state my thought process, as stated before, OBO means "or best offer", that could be 1k in this instance or it could be 100k. It means he is looking to make money and I'm willing to spend a certain amount.

I find 12.5k on these to be a steal (because i know that just from the 5k in the chest + 12k from the spawn) i make 5k profit before i loot a gem, scroll or magic item. Long story is OBO holds no regard over a buyout price. He said he was looking to get 10k per. I see that as a minimum, not a buyout, hence my offer. I think it is a half glass empty, half glass full kind of thing.

Tabius

Post by Tabius »

Well said.

Leave the guy alone!!
Testimonials

<Derrick> Holy crap, nice spot!
<Derrick> I didn't know you could fit houses on serps

<Braden> Wow, that is a tight placement

<Nevermore> That is AMAZING placement

<Pirul> Dude, Tabius WAS real estate in UOSA

dragkhar

Post by dragkhar »

opps, seems my input took some fire here and I can only apologize.
I was really really REALLY sure OBO ment "Only Buy Out" and has always thought so when reading posts on other sales, probably missed some good deals due to it as well.

I'm not a native english speaker and yes I could have googled the meaning of OBO but I was so sure I knew it I never for a second felt I had to double checked it.

Sorry again for my initial rant and feel free to rant me back