Skill Gain on UOSA

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Skill Gain on UOSA

Post by Hemperor »

It wasn’t uncommon for people to have only 80 magery and that aspect of the game I do miss. I wish people were running around with 80 skills rather than all GMs.
I feel the exact same, definitely would be a lot more random cautious about picking fights...here you just know they're gm.

Hilarious picture RoadKill.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Barkoviak

Re: Skill Gain on UOSA

Post by Barkoviak »

Faust wrote:Baja's macro box was in Bucs.

It was easy to macro on OSI's servers. I macro'ed constantly and was never caught. Never even had a single warning and I played from '97 all the way up to '00. Typically only the people that would macro out in the open would be caught. OSI relied a lot on its playerbase to turn in the macro'ers. It also probably varied from shard to shard.

Ditto, I macroed in NPC building in Minoc (baja) at the empty areas of town and never once saw these macro boxes. I only would pen cap macro because I never used to any third party programs, which to be honest weren't used by many ppl at all. I didn't know a single friend in my guilds of 60 ppl who used UOextreme (which was the only 3rd party program I had heard of)

Also the only time I got jailed was for using entice on other players and it put up some text box over their heads. A gm jailed me for harrassment and I complained I did nothing out of the games mechanics. The hilarious part was I was jailed with another player who was still macro spamming texts. Okay, my memory is coming back. I was squelched and couldnt keep arguing and I told my bro fuck this game. But there was another player who was jailed in the same cell for macroing spam texts. I walked over to him and stole began snooping and stealing items from his bags. The newbie ass GM stood there for a few minutes allowing me to steal a few items my bro and I laughed so hard we were choking. I ended up quiting the game a few days later.

P.S. pen cap was what ppl who taught me called it. You jammed a pen cap mashing down a hotkey for a skill like hiding. I used a dice and a shoe for it. EZ macro I used with little success and I watched my screen while it fished for me. I enjoyed gaining skills on OSI, I even enjoy it here. Macroing was only for when I had to goto sleep and couldnt keep playing.