When is a good time to grind monsters in Shame, or...

Topics related to Second Age
Foxhound3857

Re: When is a good time to grind monsters in Shame, or...

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Malaikat wrote:Dragons suck for resist. You can try red mages like the ones in Despise, but the best way is to just train a mage up and have him cast on hinself or another toon.
A mage is going to be my third character. But I want to raise resist on my first and second toons without needing magery to do it. And I won't two-box.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Foxhound3857 wrote:
Malaikat wrote:Dragons suck for resist. You can try red mages like the ones in Despise, but the best way is to just train a mage up and have him cast on hinself or another toon.
A mage is going to be my third character. But I want to raise resist on my first and second toons without needing magery to do it. And I won't two-box.
I'd suggest gaining naturally off of: air elementals, gazers, liches, bone magi, and skeletal mages. The dragon's breath attack will do 40 damage to you every time (assuming the dragon is at full health) - you could always weaken it a bit so it's less damage, but getting a hoard of low/mid level casters would probably be better for gains.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

There are loads of Air Elementals in the entire forest north and north-east of Vesper (huge area), and also in Chaos valley and north of Compassion all the way up to Wrong. Since your template isn't finished and you have free skill points, macro up Tracking one night, you'll get up to 80 in one night starting from 30, then you can kill air ele, track another, repeat. I did this for hours when I first started. Bank often still, because there are still reds running around. If you want a map with the areas I described marked, PM me and I'll make one for you, but just look on UOAM and you can probably find the places I described.

Resist after 55 is best to train simultaneously as training magery, either on the same char or a different char. However, if you have no plans to train magery, the magic casting monsters Boomland posted will be your best bet.

All that said, the risk that a red can come kill me at any minute is the only reason I play this game :) If dungeons were safe, I'd uninstall the game and never login again :P
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Windmere woods is definitely quiet and has a nice sprinkle of wisps, gargoyles, and air elementals to train resist from low level to upper 80 ' fairly quickly. Not to mention there are plenty of small plots to put down a small (when you get your gold up) and lure caster's into your table barrier home.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation