.:: 2 Upcoming Bagball Events ::.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: .:: 2 Upcoming Bagball Events ::.

Post by BlackFoot »

i demand records in book form for the museum~ including all controversy surrounding the event!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Chad- wrote:thats not even the whole story after you guys lost....
Clearly cA did not lose.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Heh, I thought people would be mature but I guess not.

With all of the idiots dropping different colored bags, attempting to imitate bags, people using macros to pickup the bag and glitching/ having to relog... yeah I ended up banning about 85% of the dumbfucks, but in the end Gumbo took the entire pot after I banned his teammates for being idiots, and he got substitutes on his team which didnt get part of the pot.

Gumbo banked 50k, idiots got banned.

BTW -F- nice attempt to sync flamestrikes on me after your team lost.

On another note, no more bagballs on tower roofs... they're jacked.

You can drop the bag 2 tiles to the right, but only 1 to the left.

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

A poorly thrown event indeed. For all those who see an event hosted by Kylock, I suggest you don't go.
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

its the players that make the event
not the host
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Ah, a valid point made Blackfoot, but when you kick out the INNOCENT players before they get a chance to play, steal their money, their steeds, and kill them -- The fault should be more focused toward the host. I wish you were there to witness it so you could understand our reasoning :)

Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Im gumbo, I was against the odds and still won, Its actually a fun event when everyone is honestly dragging and dropping.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

I've thrown events in the past successfully, without problems.
I ran the first player run tournament here, months ago.

Just can't help it when you get a handful of children/schmucks who would rather dick around then cooperate.

-People holding onto the bag forever

-peoples macros messing up (which they werent really supposed to have) which made em glitch up and bag disappear til they relogged

-cA dropping fake bags in the arena while playing

-people gating in the arena -- trying to gatehop the bag out..

Wtf you want me to do? You lost 3k and some mounts and any invites to future events I hold... big deal.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kylock wrote:I've thrown events in the past successfully, without problems.

Just can't help it when you get a handful of children/schmucks who would rather dick around then cooperate.

-peoples macros messing up (which they werent really supposed to have) which made em glitch up and bag disappear til they relogged

Wtf you want me to do? You lost 3k and some mounts and any invites to future events I hold... big deal.
cA did not....
Hold the bag forever
Use macros, after we were instructed of the rules.
Drop any additional bags, (that was -F-, and was actually pretty clever, though cheating)
Cast a single gate, or attempt to remove the bag.

Furthermore, while we did lose 5k in gold and a few mounts, we did not lose future invite opportunities. You can be sure that we will attend your next event(s) for the good of the community.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

I wasn't there but Kylock has hosted plenty of events that were a raging success.

Bagball became unpopular on osi due to UOA and EUO due to macros. I can only imagine what people could create here.

Maybe in the future Derrick would be kind enough to spawn a bagball. Or even run the bagball script in the arena. No attacking one another. The bag is forced back to ground if people hold onto it too long, and its not called a bag (at least i remember it being called a bagball, maybe?). Anyways best of luck on the 16th.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Clark Kent (cA) did have a colored bag on his corpse when I killed him, after banning him from the tower. It was a green bag that did get dropped in the arena, midgame.

It's just bagball tbh, I wanted to have fun but people act immature as always.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kylock, we realise it's just a game :)
[cA]'s threats against your guild are mearly in good spirit, so we are clear. What honerable thieves guild would fail to seek revenge when wronged?? Clark did have a bag on his corpse, because we were taking them from -F- as they were dropping them so they could not continue to put false bags all over the field. Not even joking. At least cA takes credit for their heinous acts, but for things we did not commit, accepting defeat would be humiliating.

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Kylock wrote:I've thrown events in the past successfully, without problems.

It's like Matron said Kylock, we enjoy taking responsibility for our actions. We do not commit our crimes without trying to let the entire server know what we have done. I am willing to come to the next tournament if you so allow us to attend.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

I did not have anything with me that day upon my arrival except 1000 gold for my entry fee. The only items that the main Clark Kent ever has on his person for routine outings like this would consist of 3 of each recall reg, everything else in my pack is newbied (save for the random fish or fun item I like to have on my corpse for when I die). If I did have it on my corpse, it is within the realm of possibility that I manually picked it up off the field with ctrl+shift (a bag is a bag regardless of color) and accidentally dropped it on myself, I say this because my macro didn't even work in the first place, only Ireland's was working successfully (which as stated earlier, he turned off upon your request on the field)--also I never recall seeing a green bag, I only saw a red one come into play. I really feel that we are being bigoted against, we were among the most tame and obedient ones there. Prior to our banning, you were attempting to calm spectators down that were "wrestling" as you put it and you were throwing explosion potions at -F- for holding the bag, you were not reprimanding us for anything other than the generalized statement that everyone should stop turning off macros. Our only attempted strategy for that day was to stealth, and you forbade us from doing that after we asked if it was within the rules. We were super careful to clarify our tactics with you beforehand, for fear that some of our collective reputation would lead to something like this.

Bring snoopers to the next event to screen entrants, I don't want to hear about someone else getting wrongly accused like this again in the future. I'm comfortable in my reputation, as I'm positive that I'm one of the nicest thieves around on this server (nice thief doesn't have to be an Oxymoron, it's just a different form of player versus player interaction). I'm not in it for the pixel crack, as attested by my cheap prices on my vendor or usual propensity to drop or return items, I'm here to participate in my own method of role-play within the community. I'm not here to be tactless and childish as you imply. I'm nothing but courteous, even if it is tongue-in-cheek at times within my characters persona. Anyone who's spent any time around my character in game can attest to this, as can most participants in Daily Planet stories.

I wouldn't risk getting myself KoS/banned from events if I want to freely attend them to report on the happenings within the community, it would be shooting myself in the foot. You say "big deal" sardonically, but it really is a big deal for me. I'm on this shard to participate in these exact types of things. I'm not a traditional PVPer or PVMer, I do what needs to be done to entertain and be entertained by interaction with other players. It was admittedly chaotic and you were overwhelmed, sometimes snap judgments happen. However, you've got your finger pointed at the wrong party. Good day and good luck to you, Citizen.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

why dont you just KILL AND REZ all participants so no one can bring in extra bag ?

ask them to come as a ghost, and you rez them only in the field...
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859