The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Closed

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Opening 08/24!!

Post by Daolin »

Thanks to those that came out last night! Always make sure to bring a book when you come to the tavern during event times! For more info, see the special event in the original post.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I think the thirsty clam needs to get some bouncers. Maybe patrick swayze?
My chess opponent was visciously assaulted for looking at cindrews girl the wrong way!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

Chuck Norris will be on duty tonight. From 1-5 am for all you night owls and euro players.

Dings? Dents? NO problem!!
Need a new wep/armor, we got it all!!!

For the Chuck's opening night 10% will be taken off any new weps/armor sold.
Repairs are always free

Dont forget to bring a book, so you can be entered in the contest!

Strahnglehanz

Post by Strahnglehanz »

I shall be at the Thirsty Clam tonight! Be prepared to have your mugs filled with ale and your ears filled with stories and banter!
Hanzel
Craftenhanz

Stranglehanz

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Strahnglehanz wrote:I shall be at the Thirsty Clam tonight! Be prepared to have your mugs filled with ale and your ears filled with stories and banter!
What time?
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

JoshuaLee wrote:
Strahnglehanz wrote:I shall be at the Thirsty Clam tonight! Be prepared to have your mugs filled with ale and your ears filled with stories and banter!
What time?
Its on the schedule. 2nd post in the thread

Strahnglehanz

Post by Strahnglehanz »

Thank you to all of those who came out Wed. night! It was very fun and Friday night will probably be better. About 12-15 people came and went. I served drinks left and right, from "Ale" to liqour. Hell, I even served milk after checking a few ID's.

After getting some of the longer staying guests heavily boozed up (minus Jasper, the milk man), I told a story about my run in as a lad with a murderous piece of UOSA's past, Lord Wylan.

An equally chilling tale of rat-men revenge ensued after my story, told by legendary storyteller M. Night....I mean Joshua Lee.

I thanked everyone, received a hefty tip from my patrons, and cleaned up the mess for the next shift coming in when I noticed a man covered in food passed out drunk in the corner, the rest was not pretty.

Again, thanks for the fun times and hope to see you on Friday!
Hanzel
Craftenhanz

Stranglehanz

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

<laughs> Excellent job Hanzel!

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

well done on organising this, looks like alot of fun. i'll have to pop by one night for a couple of pints :)

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

For those that missed it, Eulogy did an excellent job on Saturday with his PvP Class!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

As Sunday's events are canceled this week, I went ahead and randomly picked one book from the raffle.

Congratulations to Kandy for this week's raffle prize of 20,000 gold!

Contact me via the forum or on mIRC as Marfu to collect your prize!

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

Sorry if this is a dumb question and I wasn't too sure, but are you planning on having the same set schedule every week? I saw that you said events can be canceled up until the day of however.

I did also want to suggest, maybe someone would like to start doing fishing excursions? Everyone can have fun fishing even with low skill (unless you're 7xGM already, but who has 15 chars that are maxed?).

I thought it would be fun to have hunting trips as well, but unfortunately all of the animals of Sosaria have been injected with steroids and decide to charge their assailants instead of fleeing. I guess good old fashioned monster hunting could be done, but I'd do it out in random parts of the open world instead of dungeons as then you'll just have PKs waiting for your events to start. [Well, come to think of it Blackfoot runs dungeon crawls so this is pretty much covered, unless you just want to have random open world roaming.]

I was also thinking that trivia contests can be pretty fun, as there's tons of minor details to UO that someone could come up (and I think it would be funny to ask something like how many floor traps are on level 1 of covetous and seeing everyone log on an alt char to run and check). However something like this is just an added drain to your bank account unless people are willing to donate for them.

In the theme of games, maybe someone would be willing to set up a checkers or chess tournament? Chess can be a bit lengthy though, but checkers is usually a fast paced game. I forget if it's possible to watch a game that someone else is playing? Haven't played board games through UO in ages to be honest.

One last thing, perhaps you could have other instructional courses for everyone from tamers and bards to thieves and house looters? Granted a lot of that information can be easily found on the forums so it would be hard to judge what kind of turn out they would have, but who knows?

Just trying to help with ideas as you seem to have a great thing going already. Player run events was always the glue that held my old guild on Napa together, and I fully support more things being set up by players here instead of server scripted (not that they're bad, but player driven events are almost always more fun). Hopefully some day soon I'll have the time to help you with your work.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Kael wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question and I wasn't too sure, but are you planning on having the same set schedule every week? I saw that you said events can be canceled up until the day of however.
Yes, this schedule is weekly. Some events may be canceled all the way up to the time. All of the staff is working and busy, and sometimes things just come up.

I'm avoiding excursions because the events are tavern centered. UoH does regular PvE excursions, and $$$ has held sort of a fishing contest before. Many events do happen, we just need more people willing to start and run them to make it more frequent ;)

A trivia contest would be neat. If the server has done one, it has been a long time for sure. A checkers tournament definitely sounds viable. I'll pass that one on to Filius and see what he thinks.

I am always on the look out for more instructors. I advertised and sought out people for 2 weeks before the opening to fill positions. Pretty much anyone that has expressed interest in helping has joined the tavern staff. Instruction positions that are more simple are provided on a semi-RP basis as well. These are events that should give RPers an excuse to meet up and interact with people. The biggest issue I ever had when trying to RP a char is finding people regularly. The tavern helps with that issue for those that make the effort to come.

HIRING
  • Rogue Instructor - Someone to teach about stealing techniques, hiding and stealth, templates, and playing a thief beyond the steal skill.
  • Newspaper Editor - a RP position that would post a once a week newspaper on server events, drama, etc... in the form of in game books. (Easy macro to make book replicas)
  • Temporary staff - If you run to one something just once, contact me as well! All positions do not have to be permanent.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Now Open!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Yeah hanzel that was pretty fun haha, good times. Eulogy had a very efficient session as well.
Against all odds.WAR US

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Now Open!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Me and Duke Jones hosting the New Player Help event at the Thirsty Clam on August 31st at 9pm est.

I band of murderous ruffians decided to pay us a visit, fortunetly order was uphold.

Class continued as planned...

Then the dart board contest began!!!

Congrats stuck on being the winner!! All in all it was a success. Please come next monday at 9pm est to the new player help event! If anyone is new and needs help we are the people to goto ! Duke Jones teaching skills are quite simply the best in the land.
Against all odds.WAR US