Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

Post by BlackFoot »

after the 3rd/4th time you should really switch up where you are hunting
go to minoc and walk south until you are out of town, then head up along the water
you will find jsut as many monsteers as in dungoens but wont be dead all the time

pks are lazy, they will jsut loop through their rune book
dont hunt at spots you absolutly know for sure you are going to be pked at
you knwo you are going to be attacked
why are you going there

einstein said insanity is repeating the same actions over and over expecting a different result
i think your actions may fit in his description
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

we did change locations. we went to about 7 total locations and escaped 3 different pk'ers. so yeah we changed things up knowing we'd run into pkers in certain spots. its crazy. why have dungeons if you cant hunt them?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Papa wrote:Does anyone actually hunt? I mean not PK's! I have been training up by char, finally got strong enough to do some dungon hunting and every time I recall into a dungon I am there less than 5 minutes when a PK shows up. I loose more in restocking than I ever do hunting and what is the point of this shard if the only thing people do is PvP?
Dont call me a Trammy, I was around way before that and what I remember is enough people hunting Reds that you could actually hunt. Now NO ONE is down there, I know because I have run out of enough dungons as a ghost to know no one is down there.
So where is the fun in that? Everyone just AFK resource hunting and scripting up their skills? I love the idea of this shard and I really miss T2A but this just doesnt work.
schlemoc wrote:I've only been on this shard for about 2 weeks now and find the amount of pk's rather disturbing. I have played on a few shards before and know that the pk'ers have always been kept in check. Honestly, this is keeping me from wearing my best gear because I may be pk'd at any moment. Now I often don't play during peak times to avoid this, but even then I run into pk'ers. I know a handful of new players who just started who are seriously ready to quit in frustration due to this. Heck, I was trying to teach someone how the combat system works, and low and behold, a mage came along and tried to pk us. In my opinion, there comes a point in time where people have to ask themselves what is more important for the growth of the shard, pk'ing each other continuously, or using due reason. Now I have met quite a few thiefs/pk's who are rather generous in either giving gear back or helping you out once you suffered their wrath. These individuals are excluded from who I am referring. It's not an every day occurrence for me, but I do know that the pvm environment is seriously suffering due to it, and honestly, that's what I play for. The occasional pk'er doesn't bother me, but continuously pk'ing gets irritating.

As to those who turn red, I've seen quite a few people who are red just sitting in their house wearing down their time. It's not a big deal when you can hop on one of your other two accounts to chill with one in your house. Especially if you manage to pk someone who is actually carrying something worthwhile.

Both of these issues expressed above are a result of wide spread Ghosting.

Werthers Chewbackas

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

BlackFoot wrote:einstein said insanity is repeating the same actions over and over expecting a different result
i think your actions may fit in his description
See I think the subtle difference is that some people don't expect a different result. They just lie. Nonstop.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

ghosting? what is this?

as to expecting different results, no i dont expect different results. I expect people to be civil. The player base here is just crazy with people out for each others throats. i reiterate what was previously mentioned, why have dungeons if you cant explore them and hunt? people wonder why the player base isn't growing. Its because new players are getting fed up with being killed or constantly looted.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

schlemoc wrote:ghosting? what is this?

as to expecting different results, no i dont expect different results. I expect people to be civil. The player base here is just crazy with people out for each others throats. i reiterate what was previously mentioned, why have dungeons if you cant explore them and hunt? people wonder why the player base isn't growing. Its because new players are getting fed up with being killed or constantly looted.
In this instance, it's PKs parking a dead character at a frequented hunting location on an alt account for risk-free reconnaissance. In other words, they use a ghost to check to see when there is prey at popular hunting sites.

Pro

Post by Pro »

avoid these spots

destard
deceit
covetous
shame lvls 1, 3-4
wrong lvl 2
hythloth
brit gy
wind
orc forts
yew liche spawns
$$$ vendor library
roadkills library
moonglow gy
vesper gy
terrathans
ophidians
mare tame spots
despise
titans
del gy
any and all guild towns
bucs
all out doors t2a spawns
runeboats
pap swamp
brit road
both x-roads
yew gate
vesper vendor area
destard swamps
afking in brit/glow/vesper/most towns
t2a entrances

thats all i can think of but avoid them and youre probably likely not to be meet pks

Werthers Chewbackas

In fact, it's best to avoid playing at all. Go watch a movie or something. You'll be sure never to run into PKs that way.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

did you guys ever happen to think that if people stop going after pve's that the pk'ers wont have anyone to hunt? this may as well be a pk crazy shard. either you make a pk'er or a crafter. there's absolutely no point in having a fighter unless you want to run around the countryside or form a group of 10 warriors for dungeon crawling. you guys are failing to miss the point made here, but i guess that's expected. i'm done saying it, it isnt going anywhere.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

schlemoc wrote:did you guys ever happen to think that if people stop going after pve's that the pk'ers wont have anyone to hunt? this may as well be a pk crazy shard. either you make a pk'er or a crafter. there's absolutely no point in having a fighter unless you want to run around the countryside or form a group of 10 warriors for dungeon crawling. you guys are failing to miss the point made here, but i guess that's expected. i'm done saying it, it isnt going anywhere.
You could get into o/c wars and town fight.

Papa

Post by Papa »

Deleted post
Last edited by Papa on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Papa wrote:This shard would be sweet with consensual PvP, or a one account limit. Is that what everyone is thinking but not saying?
Consensual PvP is a big no. Big no.

I'm going super strict here, but one account per computer is something I'd favor.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Werthers Chewbackas

Doungens

"Hey, you, farmer! Let me take your loot because you're bad at PvP! Yah?"
"No thank you."
"Okay, have a good one!"

What about everyone's 3 accounts that exist now? Grandfathered? Then basically the problem isn't solved at all.

Papa

Post by Papa »

I agree that Con PvP would destroy the realism / accuracy of the shard. Just trying to express what I am reading.

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

i'm not saying con pvp, i'm hoping some people step up and form actual anti pk guilds and take out the pkers. instead of pk'ing farmers, pk the pk'ers. but saying anythign against pk'ing on this shard just leads to you dieing from what i've experienced. con pvp would be bad.