Events - The most inaccurate thing on the shard.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightmare

Re: Events - The most inaccurate thing on the shard.

Post by nightmare »

Maybe people have a point with it not being era accurate. The fact is people have come to love the events and to take them out would harm the shard greatly. I know alot of people that enjoy doing these events and would quit if they were removed. It is and has been a part of this server for a long time and most of us have not played on this server when there was no events in the game and yet we all stayed even knowing this was not correct. Yea maybe make the awards bonus better for the points you pay but I can only see that raising the prices per point and therefore making the new rewards the same as the old ones as far as how much they cost in gold to the point value of the reward. Just do like the roleplayers and make your own guild/s of non event players and just boycot the events. You should then have plenty of people to run around with and pvp against. I mean you say there isnt anyone around when the events are going well just think of what it will be like if a 3rd of the server quit. You woud then be facing that same problem only it will be 24/7 instead of a few hours a day.
Last edited by nightmare on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

ive run dozens of 1v1 2v2 3v3 ctf and last man standing events
there is about 8-10 players on this server with the maturity/patience to take part in these events if they arent automated and about 3 people with the patience to organize them.
these automated events over the last ten years have distorted peoples memories of how these events took place on the osil server.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Anon

Post by Anon »

Homie wrote:
Anon wrote:Anyone want to buy my 800k firework wand? WHAT?! ISNT THAT THE GOING RATE? ITS 50 POINTS RIGHT?

75 Point Rewards:

Potted Tree
Your choice of one Daemon Bone armor piece
Level 3 Rare

well, what about 1.2 MILLION for my DEAMON BONE ARMS?

*vomits candy corn all over keyboard*
yes, there are some illogical rewards
and no... thats not an argument to remove the whole system at all

its appreciated and very helpful to take the time and do a forum research for these issues BEFORE posting facts the majority knows and that already have been discussed.

peace
u r stupid, and what u just said.. is stupid, ok? so dont act like i didnt do my research, or as if i dont understand what this thread is. i get that he is bitching about it not being era accurate, but he is being stupid ... the end. He is complaining the 2% milk doesnt QUITE TASTE LIKE 1%.

concerning this,i know all the facts I NEED 2 KNOW.

u waste my time arguing... derrick, whoever, whoever, and whocares and WHOEVER knows this sht doesnt make sense.

fck ur rewards & fck u cuz my time is more precious than that.

_____

:idea: ATTENTION BITCHES CUZ CHUCKY CHEESE IS NOW CHARGING ONE MILLION DOLLARS PER 12 SPEED BIKE, GO CATCH U SOME WHILE U STILL CAN AHHHHHHH!

i is gonna charge $50,000 per fcking little red ticket from the balls u roll up THE RAMP INTO THE LITTLE HOLES MOMMY.

---------------> FAIL
Last edited by Anon on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon

Post by Anon »

As a person who has been a member of this shard for over a year,.. it is my oppinion you should either put trophies back in for every event OR TAKE OUT EVERY SINGLE TROPHY/TROPHY REWARD CURRENTLY ON THIS SERVER.

and no grandfather FUNNY BUSINESS EITHER.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14218

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

lol, form an admin mob squad to go and try and track down all rewards that have been gathered? rofl
no one keeps track of them, how are you going to take back name change deeds and hair restyles lol
a fine idea though
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Take away the trophies and the ability to get the trophies and you will make the rich richer and the poor fall far behind. Alot of us have been given the chance to get ultra rare items no one else can get, and to stop the possibility of using trohpies now would be slightly unfair imo.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Dignan

Post by Dignan »

i do not really think they should be deleted. But admins can find the stuff very easy. would take 2 seconds.

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

imo those scheduled events are not only NEA, but the current implementation greatly changes "normal gameplay" in favor of the competitive "OMG 1337 PVP" playstyle. all these peeps can buy a lot of things with the 14-17k per point from 2-3 scheduled tournaments everyday.

i don't think events need be abolished, but the way the system is implemented now is kinda f-ed up and stands in complete contradiction to the stated goals of this shard.

just my 2 cents.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You sure have a pretty mouth .
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Smelly Ira
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Smelly Ira »

I think I agree with the OP.

It does seem kind of funny to me that there are era accurate things like cutting bandages individually changed (this was different at one time wasn't it?), but these events are all the time happening.

Definitely a big contradiction.

Faust

Post by Faust »

For the countless time events are a policy decision just like when it comes to macroing, not an era accuracy decision.

The events that happened on production shards varied from each shard making it impossible to truly replicate it just like the ruleset policies OSI set forth.

The way the events are handled is an entirely different issue and definitely should be up for discussion.

Creager

Post by Creager »

IMO some form of an event is essential for continuous interaction within a low population. If we had 2000 daily unique IPs, events probably would be unnecessary.

I think the removal of events would encompass a short-term population decrease. However, new players would come to the server, and eventually old players would return. But, the actual time-span that covers the 'short-term' is another story.

a middle-of-the-road solution could be the way to compromise. Metro used a real-time, continuous ladder system which promoted field-pvp. There was only a single location where people could duel outside of their ladder ranking.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Watatsumi
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Watatsumi »

Faust wrote:For the countless time events are a policy decision just like when it comes to macroing, not an era accuracy decision.

The events that happened on production shards varied from each shard making it impossible to truly replicate it just like the ruleset policies OSI set forth.

The way the events are handled is an entirely different issue and definitely should be up for discussion.
This makes no sense at all. Your picking and choosing what is "policy" and what is era accurate. Why not make a "policy" decision not to have a broken pvp system for of tank mages? Why can't it be policy to make poisoning worth a damn? If you can't replicate events from T2A don't replicate them at all, stop making stupid excuses. This has nothing to do with your so called "social engineering" of the shard. The fact is and you admitted that automated world events happened in T2A. Knowingly putting in these Uogamer type of automated instances were never part of OSI, disregarding era accuracy, bravo. Just admit they won't be taken out not because of era accuracy, but because people will leave because they need their stupid color sandals and masks to make this shard even less of a T2A experience. Everytime I see Choppa or other's inaccurate outfits it makes me want to puke. Black sandals and black tubs should be the only thing on here.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Adding new items to the game is era accurate and does not effect gameply. There are people here and on osi that love/ed to collect things and after they have collected all that the game has to offer it becomes boring to these people which is why they kept adding new items to collect throughout all the eras of UO.

Watatsumi
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Watatsumi »

nightmare wrote:Adding new items to the game is era accurate and does not effect gameply. There are people here and on osi that love/ed to collect things and after they have collected all that the game has to offer it becomes boring to these people which is why they kept adding new items to collect throughout all the eras of UO.
Never ever did you collect trophies points and get to color sandals and masks a special hue. It is very era inaccurate. It does not matter if it effects game play. It makes the shard look cheesy. People did collect things, the era accurate spawning rares that already exist on this shard. This type of feature rewards the nerds that play 24/7 that farm millions of gold and buy trophy points. It is one step closer to the losers that raid every night for items in world of warcraft.