Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
mr mahony

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by mr mahony »

I was also a GL player, spent alot of time in Delucia/ Moonglow/ and the random Brit bank trading.

Characters were

Mongbat King
Big Man Iron Arms
Slim Catchens
Rumbling Man

Notables that I remember were

Ronald McDonald
Deadly
Poison
Ultima

Al Jourgensen

Post by Al Jourgensen »

HAHAHA

You talking about the black Ronald McDonald with the red afro? The one that was always in Bucs? if so I will let him know he is still remembered.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonewolf, was it you or some one else in QK that was banned for dropping the "N" bomb and had the house inside of the Jhelom farms?
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Al Jourgensen wrote:HAHAHA

You talking about the black Ronald McDonald with the red afro? The one that was always in Bucs? if so I will let him know he is still remembered.
The only Ronald McDonald I knew was the real one from chessy or some shit, wtfman.com or whatever.
Not sure if the above poster is talking about the one off of GL tho.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I was a youngster back then and my greatest achievements during the actual T2A era was becoming a GM Warrior/Swordsman. And owning two smalls. My one and only guild was a small close knit group of guys who owned the Large Patio in the fields west of Britain. It was within guardzone and actually stood for many years.

The guild was called Noctal Lupus (NL), which they later founded Forgotten Knights of Sosaria (FKS). Grandmasters were Jeff,Duncan and Gunther. If anyone remembers this guild I'd love to chat. My character name was Flynt Fireforge.

Other characters I remeber are:

Shimmerglow
meo
Gandalf
JC Adderly
Kasal
Bear
Zeddicus Zoul Z

tkelz448

Post by tkelz448 »

I played on GL for a bit myself, I actually can't remember when I dropped though, probably like most people and right after EA took over. And to Arkosh, I remember that guild, I was in it too, only reason I remember it was because it was within the guard zone close to brit. My character name was Dalamar....I honestly can't remember my other one, just that one. Was there a char in there named Zena? I don't know why, but that name pops up when I think of that guild. Also, I was tamer/mage, oh the pleasures of it all.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:I was a youngster back then and my greatest achievements during the actual T2A era was becoming a GM Warrior/Swordsman. And owning two smalls. My one and only guild was a small close knit group of guys who owned the Large Patio in the fields west of Britain. It was within guardzone and actually stood for many years.

The guild was called Noctal Lupus (NL), which they later founded Forgotten Knights of Sosaria (FKS). Grandmasters were Jeff,Duncan and Gunther. If anyone remembers this guild I'd love to chat. My character name was Flynt Fireforge.

Other characters I remeber are:

Shimmerglow
meo
Gandalf
JC Adderly
Kasal
Bear
Zeddicus Zoul Z
I think a lot of that was much more meaningful then because we were young, MMO's were a new thing, and not everyone was using the UOA/UOE 'cheats'. I know I wasn't.

I don't think I had anything GM'd but I got really high without any macro'ing at all. I remember just going out in t2a south of papua and hunting stuff.

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

I played GL since day 1.

I was:

Demon Arkanis
Asmodeus
Acid Rain
Sheeba the 7x alchy/poisoner(One of the few people with blessed vanq)

Played with a bunch of guilds. D-I, SiN for a tiny bit, GoD, B*C for a long and then had a few of my own. Acid was in mSt for a while too. Good times in moonglow.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

tkelz448 wrote:I played on GL for a bit myself, I actually can't remember when I dropped though, probably like most people and right after EA took over. And to Arkosh, I remember that guild, I was in it too, only reason I remember it was because it was within the guard zone close to brit. My character name was Dalamar....I honestly can't remember my other one, just that one. Was there a char in there named Zena? I don't know why, but that name pops up when I think of that guild. Also, I was tamer/mage, oh the pleasures of it all.
YES! Zena was like a founding member and she was the guild's GM Smith I believe. For some reason I recall everyone wearing stuff with her mark on it. I think she was the wife of one of the GM's. I joined at a late point when the guild was kinda dying out and the majority switch from NL to FKS. I used to just haunt that old guildhouse and wait for anyone to come in just to chat. It was awesome.

Al Jourgensen

Post by Al Jourgensen »

DemonArkanis I remember all your names that you listed there.

tkelz448

Post by tkelz448 »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:
tkelz448 wrote:I played on GL for a bit myself, I actually can't remember when I dropped though, probably like most people and right after EA took over. And to Arkosh, I remember that guild, I was in it too, only reason I remember it was because it was within the guard zone close to brit. My character name was Dalamar....I honestly can't remember my other one, just that one. Was there a char in there named Zena? I don't know why, but that name pops up when I think of that guild. Also, I was tamer/mage, oh the pleasures of it all.
YES! Zena was like a founding member and she was the guild's GM Smith I believe. For some reason I recall everyone wearing stuff with her mark on it. I think she was the wife of one of the GM's. I joined at a late point when the guild was kinda dying out and the majority switch from NL to FKS. I used to just haunt that old guildhouse and wait for anyone to come in just to chat. It was awesome.
Ok, just making sure, heh, that name would not leave my head. Thinking back, she was the one that I used to hang with the most. Good times. I actually tried to look at what UO is now at work the other day (can't really, army computers say NO to almost all websites) and it kinda just made me sad. I think I left UO around the time of the expansion that came after Third Dawn. All my friends left and it kind of just got....annoying. With all the luck gear and everything else O.o I heard from someone that they added levels or something to it later?? I'm not sure, but if they did, I blame all on EA, messing up another game, just like SWG (I never played but close friend did, said EA did the same for SWG that they did for UO).

Notoriety

Post by Notoriety »

I was on GL as Sefis for a while, cousins were named Sefstrat/Lucid/Rodzilla

I hung in depise a ton, befriended a group of pks. Only one I remember is Lady Coke.

Omegutho

Post by Omegutho »

I was in Urk :)

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

I was Jorel/Bishop/Beholder/Fozzy. few others.

I was in SoB,SiN,VJ, and GoD for awhile

wimastyle

Post by wimastyle »

I was in a smallish guild called D*C. Can't honestly remember much about it, although the guild webpage is actually still alive!
http://www.angelfire.com/al/durmanhoth/

I had a few characters, but the only two I can remember are:
Fester
Nice Guy

Unfortunately, none of the names on this thread jump out at me... guess I'm getting too old or something.

EDIT: So, apparently I didn't play on the GL shard way back when, but rather Atlantic. Go ahead and ignore this post!