What RUINED UO (IMO)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What RUINED UO (IMO)

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You should just change that above macro to

Use provoke
Target closest grey
Target Target closest red
Target farthest grey.

This was it will get the monster near you away from you, and you can also use it vs pk's, because under normal use (no reds on screen) it will default and use farthest grey as the secondary target.

Also, bard in terra making that much?

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Threads like this ruined UO. Stop having a negative attitude and DO something in-game to make it exciting for yourself. There are so many things to do, you just have to explore your options and stop dwelling over little specifics.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Pro

Post by Pro »

Theres spots you can farm 1mil in a month easy but starting from scratch and getting that in a month would require insane amounts of played time and effort so its basically just bullshit unless your friend lives at his pc

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

:( I had a castle within a month, thats 1.02 mil or so
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Pro

Post by Pro »

back when spawn was insane and castles could be placed near enough everywhere...

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

I can do 100k in 2 hours. But it requires the spawns aren't being camped by others.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

I will gladly take some gold off your hands
TheEttinKing wrote:Almost every day i give away 300 to 400k gold, all day im spamming buying level 5 tmaps even for the retarded prices so i cant make gold off them.
I have nothing to sink gold into other then rares and most people don't want to sell there awesome rares.

After giving away all that gold at the end of the week i add up my gold stack and its gotten bigger.

I can easily say i have killed more mobs this month then any of you pvp'ers have killed other players in your entire UO career.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

UO is more than farming gold.

You live in Sosaria. That's it.

You live, everything else happens so just live with it!

Some are rich, are some poor.

This didn't kill UO.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

human nature ruined it, mostly greed.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

That Razor macro above made by the cute asian girl ruined UO. Hahah - whatever I'm kidding but UO was way more fun before the tirade of 3rd Party Programs for me and before all skill gain was done AFK. Just my thoughts.
Last edited by Sinatra SUN-FoW on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Sinatra SUN-FoW

ehafh wrote:human nature ruined it, mostly greed.

yea basically - neon colored vendors ruined it too.. haha can I get a kewl thunder cats Lion-O staff guys?!? :)

Thayn

Post by Thayn »

While I am new here, and haven't played much yet, based on what I remember from back in the day I have to agree with the OP. Too much gold will eventually cause a problem, even if it really isn't one now.

While it might not be era-accurate, I think that you can keep in the spirit of the era and still improve on the system. I think adding real gold sinks, say, like rent/upkeep for housing, or some era-fitting fluff items sold by NPC's for ridiculous amounts of gold could go a long way to help curve the inevitable inflation.

But again, if the attempt is to adhere absolutely strictly to the era, you have to decide if and when a divergence from canon is sensible or required.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Uo isn't about gold, items and wealth.

It's about being in Brittania, an amazing spectacle and the endless journey! Live and die! Meet people, kick it at the pub.

Kill mobs, gold is just something you get to live on. So what if some people are extremely rich, there was people rich back then to. At least we didn't have dupe bugs, back then on OSI there was lots of gold that wasn't even legit and stuff bought with it that was never traced.

Enjoy UOSA, it's awesome.

The only thing keeping you from enjoying it is your perspective. You create your own reality.

Origin creates worlds.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Psilo wrote:Uo isn't about gold, items and wealth.

It's about being in Brittania, an amazing spectacle and the endless journey! Live and die! Meet people, kick it at the pub.

Kill mobs, gold is just something you get to live on. So what if some people are extremely rich, there was people rich back then to. At least we didn't have dupe bugs, back then on OSI there was lots of gold that wasn't even legit and stuff bought with it that was never traced.

Enjoy UOSA, it's awesome.

The only thing keeping you from enjoying it is your perspective. You create your own reality.

Origin creates worlds.

Couldn't agree more. That and the over flow of Reds could be cut down some :)

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: Think UO's lost its charm? All you need are some boundaries to really get that old-school feeling back; enlist today and see for yourselves, eh? In my younger days I griefed the hell out of role-players back on Europa, but one day I decided I'd try it out and joined an RP community containing lots of guilds. I didn't touch my 'blue' characters for about 8 years after that *Grin*]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.