In order to stay in compliance with the T2A era.....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Divvet

Re: In order to stay in compliance with the T2A era.....

Post by Divvet »

Faust wrote:I feel sorry for anyone that thinks the removal of pre casting, items inside houses decaying, items in boats decaying, moonstones to go to trammel, the removal of the standard tinker traps, addition of anti macro code, and power hour is the "better parts" of t2a. Whoever thinks that these features were t2a obviously doesn't know what real t2a is. This is what you're insinuating if you think dex based healing should be implemented, because these same features were added before or around the same time this was implemented. By all means if you love these features than I guess whatever floats your boat is okay. However, the majority of t2a players would never consider these features t2a ever.
the fact of the matter is, they were implemented during t2a, so they are apart of t2a. personal opinion isnt what decides the period.
im not saying implement or remove whatever. what we are saying is, implement the stuff that did something useful, and dont implement stuff considered to be crap, not just disregard it saying its not t2a when it obviously is.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Faust wrote:I feel sorry for anyone that thinks the removal of pre casting, items inside houses decaying, items in boats decaying, moonstones to go to trammel, the removal of the standard tinker traps, addition of anti macro code, and power hour is the "better parts" of t2a. Whoever thinks that these features were t2a obviously doesn't know what real t2a is. This is what you're insinuating if you think dex based healing should be implemented, because these same features were added before or around the same time this was implemented. By all means if you love these features than I guess whatever floats your boat is okay. However, the majority of t2a players would never consider these features t2a ever.
i think you're reading to far into things. No one is saying that. I think we all mean exactly what we say. i.e. the discretion of the staff is what we trust in. saying things in favor of dex based healing is a far cry from powerhours, pre casting removed, etc.. etc.. Unless you look at the world as black and white.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick changed the dex based healing system to what we have now. The majority of the people liked the change. There is only a select few that prefers the dex based healing. Since he changed it I'm pretty sure it's going to stay this way, especially since he has already stated that he leans more towards the mid time frame for t2a mechanics. This would include the older healing system. The reasons for the change has already been stated, and there is really no point to continue discussing it. It has all been said and done one too many times in the past.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Faust wrote:Derrick changed the dex based healing system to what we have now. The majority of the people liked the change. There is only a select few that prefers the dex based healing. Since he changed it I'm pretty sure it's going to stay this way, especially since he has already stated that he leans more towards the mid time frame for t2a mechanics. This would include the older healing system. The reasons for the change has already been stated, and there is really no point to continue discussing it. It has all been said and done one too many times in the past.

Agreed
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

didnt they also increase casting times for high dex mages ect with this garbage? and other things of this nature before t2a was 'officially' ended?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Faust ... what you feel is T2A and what really was T2A are 2 different things. You know T2A probably better than most people, but there are things that you can't argue. You can't argue that certain things didn't exist in the era. I made a post when I first came to this shard asking this ....

Will this shard be stuck in T2A with the respect that things that were imbalanced and wrong will stay imbalanced or will their be small hot fixes to balance certain things that were wrong?

The answer I got was that bugs should be fixed and will be fixed as well as small things that still leave the feel of T2A.

Now ... having dex based healing will lower the bandage timer for those with higher dex, allowing dexers to be more effective because their heal with be even only a few seconds faster. Dex based healing was implemented in T2A, even if it was only a short while before UOR (it still was during the T2A period). Even though precasting and this were not in together, which imo they should have been, doesn't make it wrong to put them together.

You had mentioned that players like the change to what it is now better ... how many of those people were dexers that liked having slower bandages? ... 90% of the pvpers that you see doing anything are hally mages, so I'd assume they would want longer bandages for dexers.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Jaster wrote: You had mentioned that players like the change to what it is now better ... how many of those people were dexers that liked having slower bandages? ... 90% of the pvpers that you see doing anything are hally mages, so I'd assume they would want longer bandages for dexers.
Yep, I agree that its silly to claim that 'most players' like the change. Of course most players will be pro anything mage and anti-anything dexxer. This is because most players are mages.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

Jaster,

I am completely unbias unlike you and the majority of the tank mages here that bicker these topics back and forth non stop. You're obvioulsy bias when it comes to wanting dexers being better the same as these "hally mages" wanting them to be better. I probably would be too if I only played a dexer or tank mage, and not care about an accurate t2a shard.

I'm here to simply make the game "how it was", not how you, Joe, or Sally in the corner over there thinks "how it should" be. Dex based healing never existed with pre-casting. I will have to say it again for the billionth time. This means one of two things. We either add dex based healing with the removal of pre casting or remove dex based healing and keep pre casting. If you mix them that means it isn't t2a because a mixed feature NEVER existed during t2a.

Derrick has already decided to change this to be more in line with his mid time frame for PVP mechanics. I'm really getting tired of arguing this topic over and over. Please just drop it.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Welcome to the Mid timeframe Second Age!
Age of the Hally Mage!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

T2A at its prime.

Do you realize there was probably 5 or more different versions of UOR? The same goes for pretty much every era of UO. Here is a little history lesson.

- Pre T2A
Early - Spells didn't have casting delays and insta hit existed.
Mid - Added delays to spells and removed insta hit. Very toned down statloss was added(this was added in between early and mid technically).
Late - Healing was adjusted to how it works on here now(2-3 minute skill delay previously). The dex monkey was officially created. The plate tank mage was officially dead of a result from this.

- T2A
Early - No insta hit and resisting a spell resisted the entire spell not just half of the damage. Statloss implemented with an increase in the effect and occuring upon ressing.
Mid - Insta hit was reimplemented and healing was tweaked to make it better while healing other individuals.
Late - Pre casting removed. Healing adjusted for the upcoming UOR publish.

I'm obviously leaving out several other huge features for each period, but you get the idea behind all of this. It looks like you have three choices for us to try replicating all the main pvp features from. Did we make the mistake by choosing the middle time frame, because it was the most popular?

This situation is no different than adding a pub 16 feature to an UOR shard that is featuring early era mechanics of the era. It simply doesn't work if you're trying to make an accurate shard. If you take Early, Mid, and Late and mix MAJOR features of the 3 together you're in fact creating a system that NEVER existed in an accuracy stand point. I will say again t2a was at it's PRIME during the mid time frame of the era. All the stuff added after 2000 was the severe decline of the era and the game itself. The UOR publish was the final nail in the coffin.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Just thought I'd let you know, I don't play a dexer, I play a Hally Mage Faust ... and you are getting tired of this topic because your answering the question not how we are posting. Our responses have nothing to do with an arguement of when stuff was implemented into T2A by OSI. You are getting angry for no reason, just because a few people disagree with something. This is a suggestion forum and if you don't like the suggestion, don't continue to comment on it, but that is what it is here for. If you are gonna get a shitty attitude with people for stating their beliefs on something that they are supporting, you shouldn't comment on it at all.

There are good reasons to support the people for the healing/dex and there are good reasons not to. Since Faust says it NEVER WAS, doesn't mean it can't be. Dex based healing did take part in T2A even if it wasn't at the same time as insta hit and precast (which is not being argued here). If you were to put them together, I will guarantee you that this server would not lose its T2A feel one
bit, which in the end is the overall goal.
All the stuff added after 2000 was the severe decline of the era and the game itself. The UOR publish was the final nail in the coffin.
... Factions was a pretty big addition to the game and it brought about a TON of action. I dunno if you can call that officially a decline in the game tbh.

... looks pretty alive to me when I look at my pictures

Faust

Post by Faust »

How do I have a shitty attitude or angry response?
Faust wrote: I am completely unbias unlike you and the majority of the tank mages here that bicker these topics back and forth non stop. You're obvioulsy bias when it comes to wanting dexers being better the same as these "hally mages" wanting them to be better. I probably would be too if I only played a dexer or tank mage, and not care about an accurate t2a shard.
I simply stated that I am an unbias individual unlike most players here that bicker this topic non-stop(I've seen the threads, and yes there are threads that I haven't even responded to regarding dexers), because I am here to apply accuracy as a top priority. If I only played a dexer or tank mage like most people does here I probably would be bias too. However, I am not but I'm here to develop an accurate t2a shard. There wasn't anything negative in my response towards you or anyone for that matter. I don't quite get why you're coming off as if I did.

I wouldn't make a guarentee like that, because dex based healing did exist here a few months back. I noticed it after a couple uses when I applied a bandage. Who do you think brought the topic up? I don't consider dex based healing to be a t2a mechanic. The same as everything else patched after '00.

Wow has millions of players playing the game. Does that mean it's a good game? I could say the same for the UOR publish in regard to your faction picture and comment.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Jaster wrote:Just thought I'd let you know, I don't play a dexer, I play a Hally Mage Faust ... and you are getting tired of this topic because your answering the question not how we are posting. Our responses have nothing to do with an arguement of when stuff was implemented into T2A by OSI. You are getting angry for no reason, just because a few people disagree with something. This is a suggestion forum and if you don't like the suggestion, don't continue to comment on it, but that is what it is here for. If you are gonna get a shitty attitude with people for stating their beliefs on something that they are supporting, you shouldn't comment on it at all.

There are good reasons to support the people for the healing/dex and there are good reasons not to. Since Faust says it NEVER WAS, doesn't mean it can't be. Dex based healing did take part in T2A even if it wasn't at the same time as insta hit and precast (which is not being argued here). If you were to put them together, I will guarantee you that this server would not lose its T2A feel one
bit, which in the end is the overall goal.
All the stuff added after 2000 was the severe decline of the era and the game itself. The UOR publish was the final nail in the coffin.
... Factions was a pretty big addition to the game and it brought about a TON of action. I dunno if you can call that officially a decline in the game tbh.

... looks pretty alive to me when I look at my pictures
personally AoS was the official last nail in the coffin. Thats when accounts started dropping and whole servers begun to become ghost towns.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Most UOR players believe it was AOS. Many others believe it was UOR. It is simple to clear this misconception up though. How many successful Pre:UOR shards have there been compared to UOR or later eras?

Discussion finished.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Faust wrote:Most UOR players believe it was AOS. Many others believe it was UOR. It is simple to clear this misconception up though. How many successful Pre:UOR shards have there been compared to UOR or later eras?

Discussion finished.
I'm sorry Faust, you know everything. I guess Hybird and Defiance had/have 700+ people on them for no reason while AI is practically dead, IPY didn't last, Divinity is slowing down from what I hear, and we have 300 clients on.