Do something about this autotabbing bullshit

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Red

Re: Do something about this autotabbing bullshit

Post by Red »

From my memory, when you fast casted ebolt after the exp, the ebolt would land before the exp did.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Jaster wrote:The Only thing you are "written into history" for is being a know-it-all prick that won't ever admit that he is mistaken or wrong. This isn't uofa it's uosa. Just because you've done research doesn't mean you are the only source for information. You played chessy ... Maybe they used the hally like they do here, but Atlantic didn't. ... I was in ssj on atlantic and anyone who played Atlantic during that era knew that guild. You may be right from your end, but I'm not wrong from mine.

You have a personal problem with every post I make. Don't ruin these forums with your own personal vendetta.

Sent from my iPhone
Atlantic definatly didn't have all this hally abuse, and I think I would even say I seen quite a few more fencer-mages than swords mages.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Get rid of it. It is rediculous. Also, spamming attack last target is the problem with this. People would have no need to have an auto tab macro running if you didnt auto defend every fucking time someone hit attack last target. That, imo, is the stupidest shit ever.
-cr3w-

Faust

Post by Faust »

If you get rid of it that only produces an even more worse of a problem. That isn't a possible solution.

Trust me we will get this issue resolved without having to modify these era accurate mechanics in a manner to fix this spam/looping problem of attack last and tabbing out. If you remove one of the other it will create an even larger problem believe me when I say this.

We're currently working on this issue at this very moment. We have a plan to fix it and will get it in asap.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Faust wrote:If you follow this duel very carefully you can tell exactly what happened by the prepped ebolts and when the hally refreshes occurred. Giving the fact that ebolt takes 1.75s to cast, and a hally delay is 4.95s long at 25 stamina, there is absolutely no way Sysic could have died in a matter of 10 secs like this if it didn't override the current hally delay.

it was .5 seconds timer on each spell. so 1.75s for ebolt is incorrect. ive seen plenty of websites confirming this aswell. .5 x 6 = 3s not 1.75s. we tried this here and it failed remember.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

alatar wrote:
Jaster wrote:The Only thing you are "written into history" for is being a know-it-all prick that won't ever admit that he is mistaken or wrong. This isn't uofa it's uosa. Just because you've done research doesn't mean you are the only source for information. You played chessy ... Maybe they used the hally like they do here, but Atlantic didn't. ... I was in ssj on atlantic and anyone who played Atlantic during that era knew that guild. You may be right from your end, but I'm not wrong from mine.

You have a personal problem with every post I make. Don't ruin these forums with your own personal vendetta.

Sent from my iPhone
Atlantic definatly didn't have all this hally abuse, and I think I would even say I seen quite a few more fencer-mages than swords mages.
Fencer mages on atlantic? :?:

I remember mostly Hally mages and Archer mages, and there definately wasnt this type of hally abuse.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

kill drizitz wrote: it was .5 seconds timer on each spell. so 1.75s for ebolt is incorrect. ive seen plenty of websites confirming this aswell. .5 x 6 = 3s not 1.75s. we tried this here and it failed remember.
Stratics is incorrect on the formula for ( 0.5 * Spell Circle ). The same formula used in the Ultima Online demo compiled in late '98 is the same exact formula that is listed on uo.com currently. An energy bolt casting timer is 1.75s. All spell levels increase 0.25 per level starting at 0.5 for the first.

platy

Post by platy »

autotab macros are bullshit.. autoattack loops are bullshit..
I remember when this patch was implemented you [faust] said "we'll see who the good pvpers are"...
You couldnt have been more wrong
pvp is circling the drain

Faust

Post by Faust »

platy,

Please stop running your mouth. I'm frankly getting sick and tired of it. Did you read my last post before the thread involving spell timers? It is not my fault that a 3rd party application has out paced PVP mechanics that existed almost a decade ago. We are putting the final touches into the combat system for it to essentially be finalized unless new information for a left out or already active mechanic is produced. A fix for auto looping attack last and tabbing out will also be included. It will be ready for testing in the next couple days. If you don't like t2a mechanics than you're in the wrong place.

Thanks,
Faust

platy

Post by platy »

i make one post and your fed up with me.. what a suprise..

my suggestion: remove autodefend until you can script it properly

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:Did you read my last post before the thread involving spell timers?
Faust wrote:Trust me we will get this issue resolved without having to modify these era accurate mechanics in a manner to fix this spam/looping problem of attack last and tabbing out. If you remove one of the other it will create an even larger problem believe me when I say this.

We're currently working on this issue at this very moment. We have a plan to fix it and will get it in asap.
Faust wrote: A fix for auto looping attack last and tabbing out will also be included. It will be ready for testing in the next couple days.
How much more clear do I have to make this for you?

I'm fed up with you because I'm sick and tired of your insults time after time involving a situation where you don't even read my previous post in regard to the SAME exact situation. I'm glad you removed your previous remarks insulting me.

If you have information in regard to any mechanic on here that is incorrect please share.

PS
Auto defend is scripted properly. Yet, another comment where you run your mouth when you don't even understand the situation. The problem isn't auto defend it is Razor. If you want attack last and auto tabbing removed from that please contact runuo.

platy

Post by platy »

seriously?
All I said was autodefend and autoattack are bullshit.. which is CORRECT.
Maybe I got carried away in my other post..
BUT
maybe I should have put it like this for you?:
Remove autodefend until loops are fixed?
Thinking it's scripted properly when we have these problems seems rediculous to me... your looking at my posts in black and white.
I may not know the scripting side of this- But I'm the one on the field who has to deal with the loopholes your system has given..
I didn't know the problem is razor.. i must NOT have said it was in the shard news section- I must NOT have asked for suggestions to make UOSA PVP more t2a accurate with Razor.. wait a minute.. I DID! and how many people came to give suggestions? ZERO!! There's no need to get "petty" with me.. I am correct on my statement in this thread, and you're wrong about me not understanding the situation..[go check shard news thread for confirmation that your wrong]
Sorry i missed a post of yours explaining your "solution" but I can't keep up with every post made on these forums.. I didnt' come here to get into an argument with you, I came here to agree with the rest of the PVPers here that these loops are, infact, bullshit imho - regardless of what is being done about them
Sorry for getting out of hand..

Faust

Post by Faust »

A comment not involving me. Why don't you take a look at your initial reply?
platy wrote: autotab macros are bullshit.. autoattack loops are bullshit..
I remember when this patch was implemented you [faust] said "we'll see who the good pvpers are"...
You couldnt have been more wrong
pvp is circling the drain
Wow, that post definitely doesn't involve me. I'm sorry for being so ignorant and thinking it was directed towards me. I sincerely apologize for this amazing mistake. In all reality if you're going to make a comment at least read the discussion first. I'm not asking you to read the entire forums. It is logical to read the discussion thread that you're going to respond to first...

This solution to fix auto attack and auto defend is "Derrick's" solution not mine.

My initial solution was to modify the Razor source code to craft a 3rd party application to suit one that would only use existing t2a features for past 3rd party programs. For example, you could remove attack last, auto unequipping when casting spells, and so forth. I mistook a previous discussion on the RunUO forums thinking that Razor was in fact open source now. However, this was not the case and it is closed source. It would still be great if this was possible but I highly doubt they would hand the source code over to us.

platy

Post by platy »

I edited my post way before your retort..
Either way, I'm not lying am I?
You said that, and these loops are BS.
I wasn't trying to draw you into an argument.. Maybe I shouldn't have pointed out you were wrong. (which does seem like a garunteed way to get into these back and forth arguments with you)
Last edited by platy on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

platy

Post by platy »

I have full confidence Derrick will fix the situation..
Again I'm not a programmer or scripter so responses involving such are beyond me.