Fencing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
backdown00

Re: Fencing

Post by backdown00 »

Derrick wrote:Aye, you can swing while moving, it's just an issue of the time you are moving being credited to your next swing time, which it does not here, but did in UO:R
Sorry to bring up an old convo but I just want to clarify what this means.

If I am chasing someone, and I have already swung at them while chasing. As long as I am still moving I will not swing again, is that correct? I will have to stop, let my swing time tick, and then I can move and swing again. As long as I am running ,my swing timer will not tick down and I will not swing my weapon. Is that an accurate statement?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That is mostly correct, unless you are using a bow (with which you have to stop to shoot anyway).

The reason it's mostly correct is that things like lag and turns do give your swing timer a chance to advance, so in practice you would get another swing it even though you'd never stopped moving. If you were on a 20ms ping, running in a straight line, you'd not get a chance to swing.

Red

Post by Red »

Does the current hit timer tick in increments of milliseconds?

If so, that's drastically different than the half a second tick timer that was in T2A as Faust described.

Faust

Post by Faust »

It's actually quarter of a second Red. :wink:

The default RunUO uses the precise measurement in time. I'm pretty sure that we are still using that default system to calculate the delay. I will let Derrick verify that though. If the processing of delays were corrected to be based on tick increments many of the timers would be fixed and function like they did back in t2a. A katana and a kryss would be hitting for the same speed under that new system. Currently a katana can hit a quarter second faster than a kryss at 100 stamina based on a precise measurement for the delay.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Faust wrote:It's actually quarter of a second Red. :wink:

The default RunUO uses the precise measurement in time. I'm pretty sure that we are still using that default system to calculate the delay. I will let Derrick verify that though. If the processing of delays were corrected to be based on tick increments many of the timers would be fixed and function like they did back in t2a. A katana and a kryss would be hitting for the same speed under that new system. Currently a katana can hit a quarter second faster than a kryss at 100 stamina based on a precise measurement for the delay.
does this mean the delay is going to be fixed to be that of a quarter tick like it was in t2a?

Red

Post by Red »

Oh yeah, my bad.