Black Dye Tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Black Dye Tubs

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

How could it have an impact on the economy, the economy isn't black clothe based, its gold based. It only means people will stop selling black clothe to each other. You cant buy a house with black clothing. It's almost like saying "Imagine if everybody had a gilded door knob it would ruin the economy"! No it wouldn't it would just make gilded door knobs worthless.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Aye. The only thing goin' against unleashing "regular" black dye tubs to the world is the ppl who've spend trophy points on them so far, but then again, they've prolly made a bunch of munni off sellin' the black cloth.

Knucklesam

Post by Knucklesam »

So from what I understand they were in T2A, and this shard preaches "era accuracy" all the time. Maybe it's just me but this just seems like a no-brainer.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree it's a no brainer to have them. I don't however belive they should replace the trophy system black tub; although I'm still listening.

Senses

Post by Senses »

I really don't see there is an issue, but if you must change it all, do this: Make the trophy reward a black dye tub with unlimited charges. Make every existing dye tub a tub with unlimted charges. Reward every character that has ever bought a black dye tub a tub with unlimted charges.

This of course assumes you are able to track that sort of information, but I believe its the only way to solve the percieved issue without screwing over the people who worked hard under the old system. Personally, I don't even see why it has to change.

As far as the furniture tubs go, I'm not sure its a good idea to make them unlimited charges. On one hand, this is really going to change the look of the server. But then on the other, what's really the difference between the owner of a furniture dye tub having a house full of dyed items over just 5 or 6. I really don't know.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Senses wrote:I really don't see there is an issue, but if you must change it all, do this: Make the trophy reward a black dye tub with unlimited charges. Make every existing dye tub a tub with unlimted charges. Reward every character that has ever bought a black dye tub a tub with unlimted charges.
Aye, I agree.

And with furniture tubs, why make any tub have limited charges? Bring color and joy to the world!
(Make the deco contests even MORE interesting!)

Fae

Post by Fae »

Senses wrote:I really don't see there is an issue, but if you must change it all, do this: Make the trophy reward a black dye tub with unlimited charges. Make every existing dye tub a tub with unlimted charges. Reward every character that has ever bought a black dye tub a tub with unlimted charges.
This is a good idea. In the era many people knew someone with a black tub but you still didn't see black clothing dominating the shard. Only a few of my friends ever asked me to dye clothing for them. It definitely didn't cost so much to wear the colors even though it was still semi-rare.

I know many people don't care about this sort of thing but a lot of us are just remembering the way this particular aspect was. I still think this shard is a great feat of nostalgia even with limited black tubs :)

eniave

Post by eniave »

In the beginning black dye tubs were named an exploit and the way to make them was passed from person to person. I was given one from a friend. If I remember correctly OSI/EA decided to make them available as a reward as they seemed to have no way of stopping the exploit. Evidently it was not like the forge one that they banned people for having it.
LS 1997 - 2003

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I disagree with unlimited charges.

While this may open avenues for people to sell "dyes" it will ruin the current black cloth market, which is a fairly large one.

I'm going to reneg my old statement and say just leave the system alone. No need to fix what isn't broken.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

there should be no black clothing market really. i never saw anyone selling black clothing on OSI because most people that wanted it had access to a black dye dye tub. iv never actually seen a market for black cloths individually until i came to this server and its kind of retarded. just make the dyes accurate.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I agree, and like I stated before, people who've had Black Dye tubs and used them up have most likely made money from et, so no need to feel bad for them, the ones who still have charges left, might aswell be turned into "proper" black dye tubs.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Safir wrote:I agree, and like I stated before, people who've had Black Dye tubs and used them up have most likely made money from et, so no need to feel bad for them, the ones who still have charges left, might aswell be turned into "proper" black dye tubs.
If they were to change it, it would only be fair to make all existing black dye tubs limitless (no matter how many charges)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

RoadKill wrote:
Safir wrote:I agree, and like I stated before, people who've had Black Dye tubs and used them up have most likely made money from et, so no need to feel bad for them, the ones who still have charges left, might aswell be turned into "proper" black dye tubs.
If they were to change it, it would only be fair to make all existing black dye tubs limitless (no matter how many charges)
Well, yeh, that's what I meant. I haven't seen any black tubs with/without charges so I suppose I wrongly assumed that once they where out of charges that they would disappear or something, like a stack or food. But now that you mention it, I suppose that they're like wands or staffs with charges, that when all the charges are used up, it's still left.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

do it derrick

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

should return all trophys to people who traded in to get a prize that turned out to be somthing else
and drop them down to a 25 pt trophy prize
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]