Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

Post by dog1706 »

one account limit per ip woulda helped but had to be implimented from the start. Think this is a lost cause on the ghosting stuff.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote: What about everyone's 3 accounts that exist now? Grandfathered? Then basically the problem isn't solved at all.
Ah, I didn't mean it like this. One account ACTIVE per computer. As in no multi-clienting on the same machine. You can still have your 3 accounts, but not on at the same time unless they are on different computers.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

that wont help anything. most people have more than one machine.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Well I feel one client per machine would curb it some.

Sure, some people might have multiple machines, but how many would keep all of them logged in and in use at one time? There are alot of people with spouses/bf/gf, parents, kids, roommates, etc. I think the percentage of Ghosters and other problems linked to multiclienting would be lessened significantly.

I mean sure it doesn't stop it, but taking steps would help.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if you need help hunting etc find me in irc and ill take you out to safe places and help you get some gps
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

I am actually up for having just one account period. I think if Derrick gave everyone a heads up, and basically said, "Go through your three accounts and delete all but 5 of your characters...during maintenance on this day we are going to combine all accounts from each IP address into one account." I can't imagine that most people have much more then 5 7xGM characters that they actually play...atleast not with the number of characters I see town killing with names like "Expendable" "Place Holder" "Gonna Be Deleted" etc...

I mean seriously, how many freaking character slots do we really need?

Sucks for people who have 15 houses...but with heads up they will be able to decide the important ones they want to keep, and sell off the rest.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i have more than 5 characters ive built :<
i used them for all their own purposes, for different events, etc
some of these characters were turned into diff characters over time
i probably have an 11 character roster currently

i have built a pirate
i have built a super hero
i have built a pvp mage
i have built apvm mage
i have built a t hunter
i have built a tamer
i have built a blacksmith
i have built a thief
i have built a pvm warrior
i have built a pvp warrior
i have built a hybrid mage/warrior
i have built a fisherman
i have built a mage bard
i have built a tailor
i have built a char for doing house brokering
i have built a dexxer bard (diff than my pvm warrior)
i have built a lockpicker thief rare hunter

those are just off the top of my head

This place is different than osi, part of the beauty of it is we can try all these different characters that we never got a chance to on osi

you get an itch and make a new character
it wouldnt be right to force people to chose, and then erase characters to build new ones
all of these characters took time to build and mean somthing to the peopel who make them
i vote no on proposition character erase

how about... we all get oen account with unlimited char slots (not era accurate :<)

Werthers Chewbackas

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

How about you delete that fourth account?

And fifth/sixth one? How many do you have Blackie?

Wow, corruption on a Player Run Freeshard. I'm really not surprised but still saddened by the inherent uber-nerdiness of it. It's like going to a LARP and arguing about whether you actually tapped someone with your PenisPVC sword.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

explain your incredible detective skills to figeur out how 11 characters need 6 accounts
you are a god among meer men sherlock
continue trolling

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote:How about you delete that fourth account?

Wow, corruption on a Player Run Freeshard. I'm really not surprised but still saddened by the inherent uber-nerdiness of it. It's like going to a LARP and arguing about whether you actually tapped someone with your PenisPVC sword.
Are all your post this acidic?

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

People keep using era accuracy as excuses to keep the things they like, but not vice versa. I played in T2A and I will admit that there were a couple people that had 2 accounts, not alot, but a couple. I know of no one that had more then 2. It would be era accurate to have one house per account which would be better in my opinion, and meet the era accuracy that is so religiously preached on this server.

Now I have no problems if people want to keep multiple accounts on this shard, but I think they should be made to have to make hard choices to keep them. Definately not allowing accounts from the same IP address to be logged in at the same time...period. To top it off, people that want (notice I said want and not need because no one NEEDS more then 5 character slots as OSI showed back in the day) more then one account should be required to donate for the privledge ($5 dollars a month per account over 1...that shouldn't break anyone, and if it would they should be doing something other then playing a game that they feel the need to have more then one account of). I think that would make people decide whether they really need multiple pvm dexers, or multiple pvp mages, or a T-hunter and a seperate rare theif. I mean the 5 character limit left you with some tough choices and that IS ERA ACCURATE.

And you know it sucks that people put forth the effort to make all these characters so they can grief on reds none stop, but that behavior is what is hurting this server growth.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Kraarug wrote:
Werthers Chewbackas wrote:How about you delete that fourth account?

Are all your post this acidic?
When I'm on the boards, I read alot of his posts. Werthers at times tries to participate, but most of the time, he ends up coming across too angsty and acidic for anyone to consider helpful or constructive.

Papa

Post by Papa »

Limiting the number of IP accounts would only hurt the honest folks. Everyone else would just run a multi client program and continue to ghost, script, ect. Actually come to think of it... that would be area accurate!

I dont mean to be downer dave, I would like to suggest a solution rather than shooting down ideas but I honestly dont know what the solution would be.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Papa wrote:Limiting the number of IP accounts would only hurt the honest folks. Everyone else would just run a multi client program and continue to ghost, script, ect. Actually come to think of it... that would be area accurate!

I dont mean to be downer dave, I would like to suggest a solution rather than shooting down ideas but I honestly dont know what the solution would be.
Wouldn't announcing a policy against multiclienting be good enough to curb *some* of it? And if it is caught do a report/ban?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i agree that any rules actually imposed only hurt the honest people.. and making gross generalizations like i am here honest people I dont think are the ones abusing the current setup