Can we have a big patch of small goodies?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Can we have a big patch of small goodies?

Post by Karik Verlee »

nightshark wrote: -NO command at all should cause a pet to tab out from an aggressor.

You sure? I remember being able to say "steve stop" and jump on my horse that was being attacked. So wouldn't that mean that they would have to tab out?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Karik Verlee wrote:
nightshark wrote: -NO command at all should cause a pet to tab out from an aggressor.

You sure? I remember being able to say "steve stop" and jump on my horse that was being attacked. So wouldn't that mean that they would have to tab out?
There was no way to tab a pet out with an issued command, 100% sure. It was only ever possible on RunUO servers, or maybe after AoS on official servers.

Having your horse attacked while feeding = screwed. There was no way to get back on the horse.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

nightshark wrote:Having your horse attacked while feeding = screwed. There was no way to get back on the horse.

Well, that sucks. So would this also end the hiring NPCs to beat on? They would fight back now.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Karik Verlee wrote:
nightshark wrote:Having your horse attacked while feeding = screwed. There was no way to get back on the horse.

Well, that sucks. So would this also end the hiring NPCs to beat on? They would fight back now.
Yeah, alternatively you could peacemake the NPC I suppose. But you shouldn't just be able to beat on an NPC without it fighting back, otherwise.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

nightshark wrote:
Karik Verlee wrote:

Yeah, alternatively you could peacemake the NPC I suppose. But you shouldn't just be able to beat on an NPC without it fighting back, otherwise.
This should all be able to be confirmed through the demo, the only major controlling changes were the addition of "all". I think this would be great news for the server, along with proper combat gains (gains VERY dependent on your target's skill), a lot more mid level players adventuring.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

The 'stop' command was already confirmed on the demo by me and the patch notes back it up.

This command uses the same function that the stay command uses.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:The 'stop' command was already confirmed on the demo by me and the patch notes back it up.

Well this has always been general knowledge... I meant confirming that there is absolutely no way possible to have a pet "tab out"

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Does anyone else remember wandering bands of orcs all north and west of Britain? They included two orcs, an orcish mage, an ettin and an orcish lord.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hemperor wrote:
Faust wrote:The 'stop' command was already confirmed on the demo by me and the patch notes back it up.

Well this has always been general knowledge... I meant confirming that there is absolutely no way possible to have a pet "tab out"
Well this was actually tested too but not very extensively. I tried every command to get a horse to stop attacking and finally just waited it out until it was out of combat. There may or may not be a way on there but who knows. I sure wasn't able to get it to stop with any commands at all.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

Well this was actually tested too but not very extensively. I tried every command to get a horse to stop attacking and finally just waited it out until it was out of combat. There may or may not be a way on there but who knows. I sure wasn't able to get it to stop with any commands at all.
The only way is to invis yourself or hide. It tabs out exactly the same way a player will tab out without using the tab key - via a timer elapsing without a swing taking place or the target going invisible. There is never any time an NPC should manually tab out (as in, a player hitting the tab key).

This also has far reaching consequences on tamers, one being that white wryms can not be used with any other pet effectively. As soon as the WW hits another tame/player with mass curse, the tamer is essentially screwed and has to seperate the pets and invis both of them so they BOTH tab out. If only 1 pet is inivised, the invised pet will stay in combat with the other pet, and the moment it takes a swing, it will force the other pet back into combat. On UOSA you can have 20 WW's and all you have to do is say "all follow me", and they all tab out.

EG:
a tamer has a WW and a drag.

The WW hits the drag with mass curse while fighting, and the tamer uses commands to seperate the pets (there is no way to command them to tab out). The tamer then casts invis on the dragon, and tells the pets to follow him. At this point the WW is tabbed out to the drag, but the dragon is still tabbed in to the WW. The dragon will still be attempting to cast/hit on the white wrym. As soon as the WW is hit with a spell/melee damage, it will tab back into the dragon.

Which also begs the question - something I've wondered about - when you hide on this server, you are automatically tabbed out to anything you are in combat with. But this isn't how I remember it on OSI. On OSI you would hide, and if your combatant immediately ran on the tile next to you before you managed to tab out, you'd take a swing and it would unhide you. The reason I never brought that up is because I can't remember if the memory is from using the spell invisibility or the skill hiding.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Blackbeard wrote:Does anyone else remember wandering bands of orcs all north and west of Britain? They included two orcs, an orcish mage, an ettin and an orcish lord.
i vaguely remember something like that.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blackbeard wrote:Does anyone else remember wandering bands of orcs all north and west of Britain? They included two orcs, an orcish mage, an ettin and an orcish lord.
This "group" is known and scripted; didn't know they wandered the woods though.

Thanks.
Hemperor wrote:Well (tame) should also display above the pet's name, not on the same line. (guarded) will remain, even if your pets are stabled, this needs to be fixed as well... So I am hesitant to add all of those because that's about 6 taming changes right there, worthy of its own patch or category within a patch.
Agreed, these proposed pet issues are worthy of their own thread.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

Can we throw in:

Short term counts do not reset upon murder resurrection (http://update.uo.com/design_409.html)

I know that some people are bunching this in with other murder changes that are being discussed, but some of these other changes are as of yet unfounded and continuing to group them with the issue at hand would unnecessarily delay implementation of this small fix.

Cheers.

Cara

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Caranthir wrote:Can we throw in:

Short term counts do not reset upon murder resurrection (http://update.uo.com/design_409.html)

I know that some people are bunching this in with other murder changes that are being discussed, but some of these other changes are as of yet unfounded and continuing to group them with the issue at hand would unnecessarily delay implementation of this small fix.

Cheers.

Cara
I agree, there is no reason why a confirmed piece of era accuracy shouldn't be in place. I thought this was already in. It wasn't until pub16 (2002?) that short term counts reset on res

Faust

Post by Faust »

Might as well throw perma red in too.. it's long over due.