Herding/Animal Taming

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Herding/Animal Taming

Post by Hoots »

Hemperor wrote:hahaha, we've got some pretty mad tamers on their hands...ill dedicate my day to clearing ice island if it means keeping balance on a shard... tamers left adn rgiht gaining off packs of animals that sit still for you is NOT accurate, I'll clean this bitch and grief these dudes until it is fixed,

2 counts already and COUNTING

isnt this exaclty what i told you to do yesterday in this thread? Or are you proud about thinking it up yourself at this point?
Hoots wrote: 2. You have a red right? if you dont care about counts why dont you clean off ice island every day.?
Last edited by Hoots on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Hoots wrote:
Hemperor wrote:hahaha, we've got some pretty mad tamers on their hands...ill dedicate my day to clearing ice island if it means keeping balance on a shard... tamers left adn rgiht gaining off packs of animals that sit still for you is NOT accurate, I'll clean this bitch and grief these dudes until it is fixed,

2 counts already and COUNTING

isnt this exaclty what i told you to do yesterday in this thread? Or are you proud about thinking it up yourself at this point?
I should be proud that I am the only one putting an end to this. You guys don't realise that taming is being abused on this island, me and my guild are the only ones handling it.

You're welcome.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Another point:

There must be at LEAST 7-8 wandering healers on this small island at a time...this island seems to be hand crafted for tamers, it's pretty ridiculous.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Also I reccomend any of you come check out ice island before telling me I'm wrong again, in clearing half the island so far me and Marcus have seen quite a few tamers that are doing it AFK thanks to the pretame bullshit.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Hemperor wrote:Another point:

There must be at LEAST 7-8 wandering healers on this small island at a time...this island seems to be hand crafted for tamers, it's pretty ridiculous.
why not ask derrick to cover every square inch of it with houses to reduce the spawn... that would be accurate right?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Tell me anywhere else in the game you will find a healer every 1-2 screens.

We have killed 5 so far, that's only half the island

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

wewt setting drags at zero skill after being tamed. Hawtness lol.

Really though. Seeing a massive amount of tamers doesn't mean taming is broken. It means Unlike OSI.
People know the benefits of having a tamer and are willing to put the time in to create one.

Course old system/new system everything is still the same overall. All you did was open up a new market lol.

Selling Frenzied Ostards! 3k! lol
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't see anything going on that's extremely inaccurate, maybe you could give me a list of what's not right presently?
The only inaccuracy I see from Kavians list is the pre-tame difficulty issue. The initial taming difficulties, orneriness, loyalty, control chance and everything else is right on as far as I can see.

Setting the taming difficulty to zero, doesn't remove the minimum tame skill requirement.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:I don't see anything going on that's extremely inaccurate, maybe you could give me a list of what's not right presently?
The only inaccuracy I see from Kavians list is the pre-tame difficulty issue. The initial taming difficulties, orneriness, loyalty, control chance and everything else is right on as far as I can see.

Setting the taming difficulty to zero, doesn't remove the minimum tame skill requirement.
So this island is completely accurate?

As people already said, it's so easy here for tamers due to the lack of population. But I think if you are ready to increase stable sizes based solely off population (which there wasn't really a problem with to begin with) I think that Ice Isle could use a nice nuking, among other spawns, to fit shard population. Also, why so many wandering healers?

platypus

Post by platypus »

Okay, here's my opinion. To tame a nightmare, you first have to find one. I try to check the mare spawns a few times a day, and I haven't seen one wild mare in over 5 days. Once you find one, you spend 5-30 minutes taming it (if you know what you're doing). Same thing with dragons and wyrms, except they're easier to find. I've spent literally hundreds of hours taming pets, and so has Onslaught, PETA and every other tamer on here with 20+ high level pets. In that same amount of time, you could have made a 7x tank on all 3 accounts, along with farming all the gold necessary to macro these characters up. Taming is nearly impossible to macro without another tamer helping you, and even with a tamer getting you pretames you must spent 1-2 hours collecting enough pretames to macro with.

Therefore, every good tamer has put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into GMing their taming and other skills, along with all the time necessary to collect that many pets. All you did was get enough regs and bands to macro your tank characters to GM.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

platypus wrote: every good tamer has put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into GMing their taming and other skills, along with all the time necessary to collect that many pets.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Feldar

Post by Feldar »

i love this era accurate thread.. since this is about taming lets be era accurate on how you can have your pet guard someone or something "ie ppl doors objects"

here is the link

http://web.archive.org/web/199910130013 ... index.html

for those to lazy to click a link here is what the page says !

Code: Select all

Reputation FAQ: Pets and Summoned Creatures 

Basic Rules for Pets and Summoned Creatures: 
When a creature is summoned or tamed into a pet it becomes blue. 
A pet is treated as an independent entity from its owner and earns its own flags (criminal, murderer, aggressor, etc.) based on its actions. For example, a pet owned by a Murderer will be blue but if it is ordered to attack an Innocent, it will be flagged as both a Criminal and Aggressor. 
When given either an attack or guard command, a pet's controller information is set to the owner who issued the command. If the owner belongs to a guild, the guild id and guild type (regular, chaos, order) is also copied to the pet. Thus a pet given an attack or guard command by a guild member will appear green to fellow guild members and orange to rival guild members. 
For guarding, controller informatioin remains set for as long as the pet continues to guard and then an additional 2 minutes after the pet stop guarding. (see below for more information) 
For attacking, controller information remains set for as long as the pet is involved in combat as an Aggressor. (see below for more information) 
If the owner reissues a hostile command or another owner gives the pet a hostile command, the pet's controller information is updated and the 2-minute timer is reset. 
Releasing a pet that has its controller information set still makes you responsible for the pet until the controller information expires. If the pet attacks an Innocent during this time, you will be flagged as both a Criminal and Aggressor. If the Innocent dies, you can be reported. A responsible pet owner should make sure to release dangerous controlled pets in a safe place. Note that if someone attacks the controlled pet after it has been released they will become (at a minimum) an Aggressor and the controller will not be responsible if the attacker dies. 
Pets that decide they are better off without a master are not the responsibilty of the previous owner unless they go wild while the owner is still set as the controller. If you're afraid your now wild pet might hurt an Innocent, you may want to either re-tame it or kill it. 

What happens when I order a pet to attack someone? 
Commanding a pet to attack sets you as the pet's controller. The attack is treated exactly as if you had attacked directly and thus you are responsible for the attack. If the target of the attack is an Innocent, both you and your pet will be flagged as Criminals and Aggressors. If the Innocent dies, you can be reported as a Murderer. If the target is a Criminal or Murderer, both you and your pet will be flagged as Aggressors. 
The controller information for an attacking pet has a 2-minute timer. The timer is reset whenever the pet's Aggressor flag is reset. Thus, if someone to whom the pet is not an Aggressor attacks the pet, the controller timer will not be reset. 

How does pet guarding work in the new system? 
Issuing the guard command sets you as the pet's controller for the duration of the guarding plus an additional 2-minutes after the pet stops guarding. Guarded items will have the word [Guarded] put over them. Using a guarded item (like a door) or taking a guarded item will flag the perpetrator as a Criminal. The pet guarding the item will automatically attack the perpetrator flagging both you and your pet as Aggressors (to the perpetrator). If the pet kills the perpetrator you cannot be reported because the perpetrator is a Criminal. 
Assigning your pet to guard another player or pet works similarly depending on the status of the player or pet. If you assign your pet to guard an Innocent or a blue pet and someone attacks the guarded player or pet, you and and your pet will be flagged as Aggressor (to the attacker) when your pet retaliates. Since the attacker will be flagged as a Criminal for attacking the Innocent or blue pet, you cannot be reported if your pet kills the attacker. 

If you assign the pet to guard a Criminal or Murderer, and someone attacks the guarded Criminal or Murderer, you and and your pet will be flagged as Aggressor (to the attacker) when your pet retaliates. If the attacker is an Innocent, you and your pet will also be flagged as Criminals and you can be reported if your pet kills the Innocent. If the attacker is a Criminal or Murderer, your pet can attack freely and niether you or your pet will be flagged as Criminals and you will also not have to worry about being reported. 

What happens if I order my pet to guard an Innocent and that person becomes a Criminal while my pet is still guarding? 
Since you are still the controller, if an Innocent attacks the guarded player while the guarded player is a Criminal, you will become a Criminal and Aggressor (to the Innocent). If the Innocent dies, you can be reported. Don't tell your pet to guard someone unless you trust them. If you don't trust them, give them control of the pet, and let them guard themselves. 

Do guarding pets only attack Aggressors to the guarded person? 
No, they attack anyone who attacks the guarded person. So if you attack a Criminal or Murderer while you are being guarded, your pet will begin attacking as soon as the Criminal or Murderer defends. 

What happens if someone attacks me while my pet is guarding them? 
If you tell your pet to guard someone and they attack you, your pet will attack you as soon as you auto-defend. However, the pet is under your control, and you won't be flagged Criminal if something you control hurts yourself. 

What happens if I order my pet to fetch a guarded item? 
Both you and your pet will be flagged as Criminals as soon as your pet takes the item. 

What happens if If I kill a pet? 
You can never be reported as a Murderer if you kill a pet, but if the pet was blue when you attacked, you will be flagged as a Criminal. You'll gain Fame for killing a pet if warranted. 

What happens if If I kill a Summoned Creature? 
If the summoned creature is blue when you attacked, you will be flagged as a Criminal. You can never gain any Fame or Karma from killing a summoned creature. 

If my pet kills a monster will I gain Reputation? 
Yes, both Karma and Fame (if warranted). 

Last modified: 01/01/2000 10:34:57
© Copyright 1998/1999/2000 Stratics. All rights reserved.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Pet commands: Move, Good, Speak, Fetch, Guard, and Patrol are all things which have been in the queue to be implemented, the last two for some time now. We'll get it all done eventually. Most everything that isn't currently right isn't by design or choice, they just aren't in yet.

Feldar

Post by Feldar »

Derrick wrote:Pet commands: Move, Good, Speak, Fetch, Guard, and Patrol are all things which have been in the queue to be implemented, the last two for some time now. We'll get it all done eventually. Most everything that isn't currently right isn't by design or choice, they just aren't in yet.

well played!

thanx :)

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I've yet to see a tamer with 15+ dragons. Screenshots plz?

But over all. Followers which is basically what you guys want is an AoS feature and a terribad one as Marcus's guild title says.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.