SERVER POP

Topics related to Second Age

1 house per acct or unlimited housing per player?

1 house per acct
67%
Unlimited housing
33%

Total votes: 45

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: SERVER POP

Post by Whitley »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Housing limitations is based on the housing mechanics at the time, which limited players to having 1 house per character, which means you could have 5 houses per account per shard.
Thanks Boomland,

I realize that the OSI policy was to allow 5 houses per account, but my point is that it's actually not a mechanic at all. Kaivan has been very vocal in the past about his interpretation of the difference in the two, and given what he's written in the past, this seems to be a clear policy decision and not a mechanical accuracy one.

Obviously I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth though, thus the question. But my recollection is that policy accuracy issues are subject to staff discretion whereas mechanical accuracy issues are not.

Thanks,
Whitley

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The property of having 5 houses per account is strictly a matter of mechanics. The specific mechanic was that each character on an account could own one house, and since each server allowed you to have 5 characters, this effectively set the limit for the number of houses to 5 houses per account per shard.

Edit: Now, do I recognize that it isn't necessarily the best mechanic that any given player can potentially own 15 houses? Yes. However, we can't simply ignore a mechanic that we don't find appealing; it's incompatible with our core goals.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Jay

Post by Jay »

should start charging $10 per month per acct then

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Face palmed @ the two options of the poll.

There's house spots out there. There was an l-shape spot near one of my homes that was open for 6 days... houses are selling for only 40k more than their original price. If you want a super specific spot on the map, you're going to have to do the leg work. Actually make an effort to get a hold of the person that was there first and earned it; or learn to lessen your expectations till you get more gold.

I really don't understand this "housing problem" phenomena. Are we just not wanting others to have multiple homes? Is it a specific area that people see isn't available and generalize the shard as having a housing problem from that? Does anyone see the 20+ houses (ranging from small to castles) on the trade forums?

Would you be happier seeing half the map empty? Are you some kind of Sosarian environmentalist. Are these structures invading the local hind population?
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Budner wrote:Vega you're so full of delusion and self-importance.

I'm guessing you work at a 7-11 for the few hours a week when you can actually peel yourself off your stained couch. You mark up a Snickers bar 5 cents and think you're manipulating people's minds and making them your bitch.

You're a real power broker my man. You control the world!
You know you've lost when you try to deflect via ad hominem. Concede now or be too ashamed of it, the route is unimportant. Good game.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Oh Vega. Just because you flash "ad hominem" doesn't mean it ain't true!

Just saying you need to think a little less of yourself, your abilities and your importance to this server and to the world.

Reality bites.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Budner wrote:Oh Vega. Just because you flash "ad hominem" doesn't mean it ain't true!

Just saying you need to think a little less of yourself, your abilities and your importance to this server and to the world.

Reality bites.
Somebody has an issssueeeee :)

Reality bites. ? :D
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'm guessing you work at a 7-11 for the few hours a week when you can actually peel yourself off your stained couch. You mark up a Snickers bar 5 cents and think you're manipulating people's minds and making them your bitch.

This isn't trash talk, so please try to keep attacks out of this.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Capitalist wrote:
Budner wrote:LOL "so I can manipulate people and markets." My man, you live in a very small pond here, and self-reports of your influence are greatly exaggerated.

Your precious housing market that you have so much control over has crumbled. It is dead.

Why? Because there are no buyers.
Why are there no buyers? Because 1) there are no new players and 2) all the existing players already own pretty much what they want to own, or they'd be willing to pay up for nicer properties.
I got out of the housing market ages ago. O*S killed the housing market by refusing to hold houses for greater profit. You have no idea how far my influence reaches, because all of my matters are handled privately. I was selling houses for 3-4x deed when there were no incoming players, and convinced you as one of many pawns to buy houses at what I desired them to be bought at. You're one of hundreds who can testify to being my personal bitch.

not to stir the pot more, but calling hundreds of people your 'personal bitch' isn't exactly respectful discourse

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

as in..
Attachments
respectful-discourse.jpg
respectful-discourse.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 3269 times

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Kaivan wrote:

This isn't trash talk, so please try to keep attacks out of this.
I guess when Vega called all of us his "bitches" I figured the gloves were off.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Wychethyl wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
Budner wrote:LOL "so I can manipulate people and markets." My man, you live in a very small pond here, and self-reports of your influence are greatly exaggerated.

Your precious housing market that you have so much control over has crumbled. It is dead.

Why? Because there are no buyers.
Why are there no buyers? Because 1) there are no new players and 2) all the existing players already own pretty much what they want to own, or they'd be willing to pay up for nicer properties.
I got out of the housing market ages ago. O*S killed the housing market by refusing to hold houses for greater profit. You have no idea how far my influence reaches, because all of my matters are handled privately. I was selling houses for 3-4x deed when there were no incoming players, and convinced you as one of many pawns to buy houses at what I desired them to be bought at. You're one of hundreds who can testify to being my personal bitch.

not to stir the pot more, but calling hundreds of people your 'personal bitch' isn't exactly respectful discourse
You're not stirring the pot. Most of the people who got duped don't play here anymore.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I've overpaid for pixels in the past from numerous players but I got it like that.

Can we get back on topic? Someone enlighten me on how someone with more houses than you (who is probably willing to sell you them for a stupidly low marginal up-charge) effects the population and your enjoyment of the shard?

The only thing this takes from players is the fleeting thrill of literally placing the pixels on the plot yourself.
Or when a fickle new player sees a certain area of housing taken and assumes none of it is for sale and refuses to explore the community to find out how to acquire what I can only assume is their dream plot.
Because everyone knows there's plenty of spots out there to plop down a storage shack, stockpile whatever your chosen profession requires in said shack, and start carving out your place in uosa.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

This thread should be created on the Suggestions and Era Accuracy board and with a topic name more accurate to what you're trying to see implemented.

Based on the current direction this thread seems to be going, and based on your last thread, I feel it necessary to lock this. Go ahead and remake it , in the correct forum, with a proper name.

Lmao then why wasn't this thread locked

#nerdrage
#novoice
#wannaberedditmod

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Probably because they were hoping this thread would die in its sleep since this entire thread is a moot point. Your post was borderline trolling to begin with to, though I can see how anyone would be frustrated by the housing system of a shard with so many empty and unused houses. I also don't see how the decay rate change would help the population either. Both decay rate and housing limit are intrinsic to the shard when we need people from the outside. Fixing it from within is a great notion, but this isn't the way to go about it; particularly given that this shard's purpose is era accuracy and this post was trying to get around that.

good luck all the same, you seem to be motivated by a desire to help the shard

it also might be more beneficial to remake the thread in the proper forum as you were advised