If you see new players...

Topics related to Second Age
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: If you see new players...

Post by Taboo »

There have been some good points made, there is just a lot of melodrama going on diluting them.

Still a very awesome thread though
Attachments
81117a5a760efcf53a17a014e5f645f4.jpg
81117a5a760efcf53a17a014e5f645f4.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 886 times

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Medlock wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Interesting. So I guess being banned the first time for shard advertising wasn't enough? I've been very tolerant of your criticism thus far, but it seems apparent that you're not offering criticism, just utilizing your forum access to help push others to different servers as you flat out admit in your post. You are no longer welcome to post here.
Might as well get banned under my other forum account too haha.
Sure.
Medlock wrote:Let me correct you on something rather ironic. I'll start with saying I was pretty hardcore into this server, vehemently resisted going elsewhere even when my friends were leaving for greener pastures. Normally, I'm one to go down with the ship, but in this case, I felt that the staff didn't give a shit about this server, why should I anymore? (side note: this was around March/april of 2014 maybe. Before Boomland picked up the slack and did a admirable job in trying to save it with actual events when the rest of the staff just didn't seem to care.) With that being said, let me tell you of my own personal experiences in game with staff here. .......................... There, I'm done. Being a vet I didn't have much that needed to be asked of staff, but when I actually did make a few pages for legitimate reasons, guess what? No one answered at all, even after waiting hours. This wasn't an isolated incident either, many people I know experienced the same. Now, I know people are busy and all, but here's the kicker and my original ironic point. Just for shits and giggles, and long after I decided I was done with the shard, I'd pull my little stunt in game and see how long it would take staff to answer. I have to applaud you guys, I was squelched fairly quick! The moral of my story is, when I actually needed pages answered, staff didn't care, but God forbid you spam at the bank! :D Funny that players can get away with being super dicks to people, even so much as calling people niggers (which I've seen a certain foul mouthed little kid spam at brit bank before) and other racist/sexist/vulgar things and the staff here will turn a blind eye....but oh man, you dare utter the name of another shard, BAN THEM! BAN THEM NOW!
Ok, so the bolded part where you claim to be a vet? Your join date is February 14th 2014. As for pages, you've paged in a total of 4 times on any actual character that you've built, and only on one occasion did we not actually get to your page. Unsurprisingly, we aren't always there to answer all pages.
Medlock wrote:I'd also like to correct you on a second point, I don't recall ever using my forum account to advertise for other shards. I have, however, had aired my grievances with this shard, but to my knowledge I've never mentioned another shard by name via forums. Besides, much of the player base here does enough to drive people away from this shard just by advocating the slaughter of players that are new. (However, slaughtering NEW is ok... and yes I Might Heal.... 'twas I, Medlock , aka Syphilis Jack , that kept unlocking the keep door! It was me Pringles! It was me all along!!! ;) ) I have talked to many frustrated players IN GAME and referred them elsewhere when they'd ask me the honest question of "Is this shard worth building chars on?". I just tell them how it is, this shard is great for the mechanics but it's a greifer's paradise so take that as you will.
I never said that you used your forum account to push for advertisement before now, just that your criticisms on the forums certainly ring differently now that you've admitted to continuing to advertise after you were originally banned. Of course, your post in this thread didn't actually need to name anything, and it certainly read like an advertisement, and that - in combination with pointing out that you're flat out breaking one of the few rules we have here - is the point that I was getting across.
Medlock wrote:In closing, I will say that this shard was definitely my 3rd favorite free shard I've ever played. It was sad to have came in when all the best guilds and players had already come and gone, and I honestly can say that I did try to bring new players into Second Age but it always ended in the same way: new player either dismayed at the population or being pk'd and dry looted in town while trying to macro. Doesn't matter if you tell them "Well you gotta macro in a safe place, etc." , you can make fun of them all you like as this thread has displayed proudly, but that isn't going to make anyone stay. If anyone wants to see the future of this shard, just log into Angel Island which is still there for some odd reason. Zero population, that's kind of what happens when grief tactics are unchecked. Go look through the forums too, you'll see the same stuff "Boo hoo noob, get good, this aint for the kiddies, lolz" when people were trying to sound the alarm. (yes AI had other problems as well, but many point to this as the main issue). Kaivan buddy, feel free to ban me if you must to save face after you respond, but I think my message resonates with more people than you might think. Hopefully, "era accuracy" won't stop you guys from listening to other players' grievances as well. Have a good one folks...
Enjoy your stay with whatever server you choose to play at, but I'll reiterate that you're not welcome to play, nor post here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Capitalist wrote:
ThatTelamon wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Telamon is so full of shit in every single way.
So please, give your opinions but don't mask them with bullshit like "I wish UOSA well." when in private your entire conversation with anyone who has ever played UOSA or thought about playing UOSA is pure hate and propaganda.

You are a butthurt little baby bitch who hasn't figured out how to ever do anything in an ethically sound, integrity based way. Get over yourself.
It's interesting you bring this up Vega, but not the reason we were having a conversation in the first place. You comments however have helped me determine that the answer to your question would be "no".
Using UOSA forums to promote his own server. I called him out on his bullshit and now he just told me he's banning me on a completely unrelated server. Ban/erase.
Ah two cheaters bitching on UOSA forums, I really did miss this sort of drama.

Can't we all just remember the cheating scum that Telamon was:
Derrick wrote:I assure you that this has been the most shamefully deceptive, manipulative, and twisted series of episodes that I've seen a player pursue on Second Age.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.